2017 KXF 450 forks on 2017 RMZ 450

mxrudi
I am curious if these forks are interchangable, as they originally both have Showa TAC forks. A guy near to me is selling full Ohlins he has on 2017 KXF and I would like to know if I could fit them on my Suzuki, if not what do I have to change? Front axle and wheel?

Thanks for the help
|
MotoMo165
1/14/2019 12:19am
Man. so many threads with posters trying to mix match parts lately
Turbojez
1/14/2019 2:15am
mxrudi wrote:
I am curious if these forks are interchangable, as they originally both have Showa TAC forks. A guy near to me is selling full Ohlins he...
I am curious if these forks are interchangable, as they originally both have Showa TAC forks. A guy near to me is selling full Ohlins he has on 2017 KXF and I would like to know if I could fit them on my Suzuki, if not what do I have to change? Front axle and wheel?

Thanks for the help
KXF Clamping diameter: 54 upper, 59 lower
RMZ Clamping diameter: 55 upper, 59 lower
KXF offset: 23mm
RMZ offset: 21,5mm

There is more than one way around it, if the price is right it might be worth the hassle.

You could bore out the top triple clamp and fit the forks, or have the steering stem from KXF triples pressed out and RMZ stem pressed in.
As far as lugs compatibility, Axle and brake caliper from RMZ should be a direct fit, but I wouldn't swear by it if my life depended on it. It's been some time since I compared KXF and RMZ forks.
Take a measuring caliper, meet the guy and take measurements. Shouldn't be too hard.

Btw. Shock off a KXF can be easily made to work on RMZ too, it needs to be shortened a little, which can be done by any tuner.
mxrudi
1/14/2019 3:11am
mxrudi wrote:
I am curious if these forks are interchangable, as they originally both have Showa TAC forks. A guy near to me is selling full Ohlins he...

Thanks for the help
Turbojez wrote:
KXF Clamping diameter: 54 upper, 59 lower RMZ Clamping diameter: 55 upper, 59 lower KXF offset: 23mm RMZ offset: 21,5mm There is more than one way...

There is more than one way around it, if the price is right it might be worth the hassle.

You could bore out the top triple clamp and fit the forks, or have the steering stem from KXF triples pressed out and RMZ stem pressed in.
As far as lugs compatibility, Axle and brake caliper from RMZ should be a direct fit, but I wouldn't swear by it if my life depended on it. It's been some time since I compared KXF and RMZ forks.
Take a measuring caliper, meet the guy and take measurements. Shouldn't be too hard.

Btw. Shock off a KXF can be easily made to work on RMZ too, it needs to be shortened a little, which can be done by any tuner.
Thank you. Yes price is pretty good, and there is not a lot of spring forks for sale in Europe that fit 13-17 RMZs.
Turbojez
1/14/2019 4:45am
mxrudi wrote:

Thanks for the help
Turbojez wrote:
KXF Clamping diameter: 54 upper, 59 lower RMZ Clamping diameter: 55 upper, 59 lower KXF offset: 23mm RMZ offset: 21,5mm There is more than one way...

mxrudi wrote:
Thank you. Yes price is pretty good, and there is not a lot of spring forks for sale in Europe that fit 13-17 RMZs.
RMZ clamps should be 55mm, and KXF's 54mm, therefore you will have to use a shim, not bore them out. I brainfarted on this one Grinning

The Shop

Markee
Fantasy
1890th
1/14/2019 5:44am
Yeah, .020 shim should do it.. My mistake, .5mm shim for you foreign people.

Post a reply to: 2017 KXF 450 forks on 2017 RMZ 450

The Latest