2017 KTM Ticking time bombs..

williesnake
12/2/2018 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/2/2018 1:45pm
Deja New wrote:
Here in Australia consumer rights may be on your side under our laws of reasonable expectation even if a product is out of manufacturers warranty you...
Here in Australia consumer rights may be on your side under our laws of reasonable expectation even if a product is out of manufacturers warranty you can still get refunds, repairs or a new product. And a bike with 3 hours should fall in this category.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-07/broken-but-out-of-warranty-you…
Hope you mend up ok....
Hey guys check this recall. Dealer are not sending letters to inform about this. Call you dealer and make sure your bike is not one of this affected models. If tou check online it wont show you this recall this ifno is only received by dealers.

ms/2018/12/02/307038/s1200_Screenshot_20181202_172601.jpg" class="img-fluid" />

My ktm is a ktm 300xc 2017

The Shop

Justin345
12/13/2018 5:47pm
flippit75 wrote:
Hi Guys, i was hoping did anyone have a letter from KTM about the 2017 Front wheel failure as my 2016.5 front wheel completely failed as...
Hi Guys, i was hoping did anyone have a letter from KTM about the 2017 Front wheel failure as my 2016.5 front wheel completely failed as send me in a front flip on a down ramp at my local track. I am in Australia KTM australia said my bike was not part of a recall , hard to swallow when i am in bed with broken bones bruising and a totalled bike. Just wanting to find out as there was a recall for the 2016 as well if anyone could pm me there email with a letter or a copy that would be great as i am wanting to get them to pay up as its been 4 days and not even a reply to my calls or emails, probably running around covering there arses LOL

ps bike had 3 hours on it when it happened just run in it was a mates show bike i bought as i upgraded from a 2014 KTM 350 , i won't post the front wheel pics or spokes just in case KTM look after me but its a scary thing laying in a helicopter think your back is broken and you have a spoke in ya gut LOL
Mine is a 2016 with a recall that I didn’t get done. Hind sight is 20/20.

4/20/2019 7:41pm

yeah sorry to hear that mate i am in a legal battle with KTM they wanted nothing to do with me so the lawyers will deal with it they only wanted me to ship the wheel back to austria not even saying they would fix my bio or anything came to my place and made out that it may have been caused by me an an accident ... yeah righto
8/12/2019 12:03am Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 12:09am
RockyRider wrote:
For starters this isn't a brand bashing post, but what the hell KTM. The amount of problems I'm seeing with the new KTM's (especially two strokes)...
For starters this isn't a brand bashing post, but what the hell KTM. The amount of problems I'm seeing with the new KTM's (especially two strokes) is just down right not acceptable. Cases breaking after 15 hrs, reeds being jacked up from the factory, shocks blowing out left and right, springs breaking right and left etc. Anyone know if they are warrantying any of these issues? I mean if you're paying 8K plus for a new bike, the last thing you wanna do if spend another G on cases that malfunctioned..
*and for those that are unaware the case issue is the idler gear post snapping off the case causing the clutch to lock up the motor. Have seen 3 already (150 SX, 250 XC & SX). Consider this your fair warning..
I had the same issue yesterday with my tc250 2017 44h. I have the bike for a year and just got a backfire while trying to start it and it's broken. The engine wasn't even running. I am very desipoint with ktm husqvarna, i did buy a 2 stroke with them because wasn't trusting the 4 strokes. That part was poorly built and for a backfire i have to pay the price of a full rebuilt.
You don't have other choices than the kick start on Sx and Tc model, and getting sometimes a backfire isn't like not taking care of your bike.
I was thinking for my next bike for a ktm450 but now it's sure it's going to be a Japanese!!!
They should recall and repair it for free because that's not a consumer or a normal issue. Even the bolt was too short in the engine case to resist for a hit. Pro riders can offer those kind of bikes with the sponsor but regular consumer shouldn't buy them if there isn't a better cover.

Uncle Tony
8/12/2019 5:20pm
MMCDan wrote:
A handful of failures out of thousands of units sold does not prove serial defect, at least not to me. With all due respect to the...
A handful of failures out of thousands of units sold does not prove serial defect, at least not to me.

With all due respect to the OP, you are naïve to think this will never happen just because you ride one brand or another. These are high performance machines, operating in hostile environments, being maintained by non-professionals (in most cases) so something is going to let go eventually.

I have recent, first-hand experience with major failures on Yamaha (2014 YZ250F shift assembly failure @ 17 hours, $2100) and Honda (2015 CRF450 5th gear failure @ 9 hours, $2000) and neither OEM would answer my calls. I have yet to suffer a KTM failure but from what I have read on various forums it appears that they do a better job of supporting their customers than any of the Japanese OEMs.
I work at a Honda shop, Honda did warranty the fifth gear failure, we did a bunch of them

Btw I didn’t read all the pages

Post a reply to: 2017 KTM Ticking time bombs..

The Latest