2017.5 KTM 450 FE Floppy Foot Pegs!

Related:
Create New Tag

9/4/2018 7:20 AM

This past weekend notice that both foot pegs have become "floppy". It appears the springs have broken off. Strange both springs have broken off at the same time. Is this a common issue?

|

9/4/2018 7:21 AM

It happened to me 1 hour in on my 250sx. I bought new ones (4 bucks) and put them on correctly and they've been fine ever since.

|

9/4/2018 7:26 AM

Great.

Where did you get them?

How difficult was it to install?

Thanks for the response.

|

9/4/2018 7:45 AM

Seems like the dealers like to install them incorrectly which leads to them breaking. Happened to me too. They're cheap to replace. I ordered my thru Rocky Mountain when I was making an order large enough for free shipping. There's an article out there that I believe it was MXA did showing the correct way to install. I haven't had an issue since putting them on correctly.

|

9/4/2018 8:37 AM

If a dealer installed them wrong?
WARRANTY!

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

9/4/2018 8:47 AM

Take a blue pill. If it lasts more than 4 hours, contact a medical professional.

Oh, FOOTPEGS are floppy...got it...

|

9/4/2018 9:00 AM

If it last more than four hrs, floppy foot pegs would be the least of my worries..... Lol,

|

9/4/2018 9:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/4/2018 9:12 AM

yz25 wrote:

Great.

Where did you get them?

Thanks for the response.

You can get them from any local dealer or a place like Rockymountain online.

Right side- #79003044000
Left side- #79003045000

$1.59 each

|

9/4/2018 9:05 AM

yz25 wrote:

Great.

Where did you get them?

Thanks for the response.

seth505 wrote:

You can get them from any local dealer or a place like Rockymountain online.

Right side- #79003044000
Left side- #79003045000

$1.59 each

Thank you very much.

|

9/4/2018 9:08 AM

Weird that KTM seems to have issues with these springs. My buddy has a 17 350 with about 20 hrs on it and his shifter tip spring and rear brake pedal return spring both broke already

|

9/4/2018 9:13 AM

Are the new ones different from the 13 model pegs and springs? I assembled mine out of the crate and thought I was going to shoot my eye out before I went to Youtube and found a video on peg installation. I've installed pegs probably well over 50 times in my life and never felt so helpless...laughing

|

9/4/2018 9:20 AM

newmann wrote:

Are the new ones different from the 13 model pegs and springs? I assembled mine out of the crate and thought I was going to shoot my eye out before I went to Youtube and found a video on peg installation. I've installed pegs probably well over 50 times in my life and never felt so helpless...laughing

HAHA.

Not going to lie, I have been searching for updated clips on YouTube for the "fix or how to" videos. This one might be a service job for my local KTM dealer. But again I'm not near as mechanically incline as you fine gentleman. I can file this under supporting my local dealer even if I had to go several miles/states away to locate/purchase this bike.

|

9/4/2018 9:38 AM

newmann wrote:

yz25 wrote:

HAHA.

Not going to lie, I have been searching for updated clips on YouTube for the "fix or how to" videos. This one might be a service job for my local KTM dealer. But again I'm not near as mechanically incline as you fine gentleman. I can file this under supporting my local dealer even if I had to go several miles/states away to locate/purchase this bike.

All it took was to go grab a set of needle nosed vise grips and I was done in just minutes.

|

9/4/2018 10:15 AM

yz25 wrote:

HAHA.

?rel=0
|