2017 250f shootout

Anyone have a link to one. Or want to guess what bike will finish where? Will the Suzuki beat anyone? Lol
|
cameron96
10/31/2016 12:23pm
The Alta will probably been in these 250 shootouts soon. Rm stands a chance
ben5020
10/31/2016 12:26pm
Yamaha will win again is my bet. My 17 is night and day diff from my 15
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2016 1:12pm
Anyone have a link to one. Or want to guess what bike will finish where? Will the Suzuki beat anyone? Lol
Wrapping up our article and video this week... Been traveling a lot the past few weeks so I've been a bit delayed... Laughing

The Shop

mxb2
10/31/2016 1:29pm
And a stock rmz is still good enough for 95% of the world ,including the vital keyboard experts.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2016 1:32pm
mxb2 wrote:
And a stock rmz is still good enough for 95% of the world ,including the vital keyboard experts.
Says the guy with A-Kits and a full batch of goodies on his CRF450R. Wink
mxb2
10/31/2016 1:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
True, wants and needs are two different things. My speed would be the same on eithe bike. r but I like cool bike stuff.
c0ncEpT
10/31/2016 1:38pm
They still make RMZ250's? LaughingLaughing I kid I kid EvilEvil
JAFO92
10/31/2016 1:39pm
mxb2 wrote:
100% correct. Most guys couldnt ride their stock bike to its potential if they tried. Just gotta have the new & improved new bike. Gotta love the power of marketing.

10/31/2016 1:40pm
ktm is the favourite for me this year i got the aer48 forks on my husky tc and they are that good
MotoX85
10/31/2016 2:17pm
mxb2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
HaHAHAhaha. lmao. Nothing hurts worse than the truth. And yet he had nothing else to do but make fun of a guy for no apparent reason whatsoever.
mxb2
10/31/2016 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 2:58pm
mxb2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
HaHAHAhaha. lmao. Nothing hurts worse than the truth. And yet he had nothing else to do but make fun of a guy for no apparent reason...
HaHAHAhaha. lmao. Nothing hurts worse than the truth. And yet he had nothing else to do but make fun of a guy for no apparent reason whatsoever.
Making fun of who, what are you talking about. He took at a jab at a stock, rmz unless he is a top 40 pro, he can't ride it to its full potential.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2016 3:07pm
MotoX85 wrote:
HaHAHAhaha. lmao. Nothing hurts worse than the truth. And yet he had nothing else to do but make fun of a guy for no apparent reason...
We're just jabbing at each other for fun, calm yourself.
10/31/2016 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 3:28pm
mxb2 wrote:
I've always wondered why the mags/media haven't invited a few average joe's to come test the bikes and give their honest, unbiased feedback. I'd be willing to bet that most riders who are in the market for a new bike are just weekend warriors anyway. The mags/media could even set up an application process to weed out the weirdos, and have the selected riders sign a non-liability waiver.

I'll volunteer myself as first in line for that. Just pay me in seat time on a freshly groomed track, and make me look good in the pictures. Grinning
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2016 3:34pm
I've always wondered why the mags/media haven't invited a few average joe's to come test the bikes and give their honest, unbiased feedback. I'd be willing...
I've always wondered why the mags/media haven't invited a few average joe's to come test the bikes and give their honest, unbiased feedback. I'd be willing to bet that most riders who are in the market for a new bike are just weekend warriors anyway. The mags/media could even set up an application process to weed out the weirdos, and have the selected riders sign a non-liability waiver.

I'll volunteer myself as first in line for that. Just pay me in seat time on a freshly groomed track, and make me look good in the pictures. Grinning
We use average joes, just usually ones we know that can actually give usable feedback and write sentences that can be read. Laughing
TSCHAM101
10/31/2016 3:47pm
what do you mean???

Motor noises, this type of feedback is crucial to the bike purchasing process.. "braapp and then braap and yeah.."
lol haha Tongue
malachi177
10/31/2016 4:27pm
mxb2 wrote:
Yep!!!
racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
10/31/2016 4:52pm
I've always wondered why the mags/media haven't invited a few average joe's to come test the bikes and give their honest, unbiased feedback. I'd be willing...

ML512 wrote:
We use average joes, just usually ones we know that can actually give usable feedback and write sentences that can be read. Laughing
Tyler?
10/31/2016 4:53pm

ML512 wrote:
Your reading skills are not that good either, he clearly stated average joes, he mentioned nother about Vitards? Dizzy
ML512
Fantasy
45th
10/31/2016 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 5:54pm
Your reading skills are not that good either, he clearly stated average joes, he mentioned nother about Vitards? Dizzy
Your reading skills need a bit of improvement as well, as I didn't say a word about "Vitards". Most of my regular riding group is comprised of average joes that don't work within our industry. A majority of them have ridden for well over 15-20 years, are quite quick, but are horrible test riders. Most average joes (like most pros actually) can't translate what they're feeling into usable information that can be digested by a wide-ranging audience. For our shootouts, I've actually had a list of current and non-current pros ask me if they can be involved by usually kindly turn them down because of their feedback, or lack there-of. Or their ability to stay focused on the task at hand...

Also "he mentioned nother about Vitards?" I take it you meant "nothing"?
WRH
10/31/2016 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 6:08pm
mxb2 wrote:
JAFO92 wrote:
100% correct. Most guys couldnt ride their stock bike to its potential if they tried. Just gotta have the new & improved new bike. Gotta love...
100% correct. Most guys couldnt ride their stock bike to its potential if they tried. Just gotta have the new & improved new bike. Gotta love the power of marketing.

In the 80's there was a big cash purse for the expert / pro class at a track in Big Springs Texas. Kent Howerton showed up and won the 250 pro class on a 1979 RM 250, It had broken one of the shock mounts off on the second lap. Mel Newman Nat'l # 81 at the time, was racing in the race. Howerton passed him headed for the win. So I firmly believe the Suzuki could be ridden faster than 95% of most guys capacity. Trouble is I'm tired of struggling when someone else has a bike that handles better and I don't have to ride over my head.
Samuel
10/31/2016 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 6:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
I get a kick out of these posts. Just because you can't squeeze every ounce of potential out of a bike, doesn't mean more power wouldn't be better for you. Think about it like this- can Ricky go faster on an rm85 than you can on the same bike? The answer is obvious, yes he can. That means that the rm85 has the ability to go faster than you can go on it, and thus, you can't even ride a measly 85 to its full potential. Unless you ride a bike perfectly, you aren't using it to is full potential. I can hit jumps on my 450 that I couldn't hit on a 125. There are pros that can hit the same jumps easily on a 125. I can't ride a 125 to its full potential. I definitely can't a ride a 450 to its full potential. I don't need to in order to clear the jumps that I would struggle with having less power.
10/31/2016 7:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 7:18pm
mxb2 wrote:
Samuel wrote:
I get a kick out of these posts. Just because you can't squeeze every ounce of potential out of a bike, doesn't mean more power wouldn't...
I get a kick out of these posts. Just because you can't squeeze every ounce of potential out of a bike, doesn't mean more power wouldn't be better for you. Think about it like this- can Ricky go faster on an rm85 than you can on the same bike? The answer is obvious, yes he can. That means that the rm85 has the ability to go faster than you can go on it, and thus, you can't even ride a measly 85 to its full potential. Unless you ride a bike perfectly, you aren't using it to is full potential. I can hit jumps on my 450 that I couldn't hit on a 125. There are pros that can hit the same jumps easily on a 125. I can't ride a 125 to its full potential. I definitely can't a ride a 450 to its full potential. I don't need to in order to clear the jumps that I would struggle with having less power.
I'll 2nd that!

my 125 is my favorite bike, and while I can't ride it (or any bike period) to its potential, I can ride a 250 or 450 faster
brimx153
10/31/2016 7:22pm
I have a friend who every year ,when he gets a new bike says he can go 2 sec s a lap faster on it . he has said this for the last 5 years , 5 years ago i was around 5 secs a lap faster than him , this year i was around 5 sec s a lap faster than him on my 5 year old bike . In the last 5 years bike s have made feck all mad improvements imo. yes some have got a bit lighter (which is good) But i firmly believe ,95% of riders would not go any slower on a well set up 5 year old bike . Having said that next time i buy my new bike, i will try and convince myself i need this bike to go faster .

ps , i also would bet that if the rmz 250 had of came out with all new plastic s a couple of years ago .it would magically be a better bike. 'NEW' is always better in motoross .
MotoX85
10/31/2016 7:27pm
MotoX85 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
We're just jabbing at each other for fun, calm yourself.
That's funny, I thought I was jabbing with you, must not be calm enough.
MotoX85
10/31/2016 7:31pm
ML512 wrote:
MotoX85 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Making fun of who, what are you talking about. He took at a jab at a stock, rmz unless he is a top 40 pro, he...
Making fun of who, what are you talking about. He took at a jab at a stock, rmz unless he is a top 40 pro, he can't ride it to its full potential.
Did you read his post? 95% of the world, all the vital keyboard experts. That is the "a guy" I'm talking about.

Did I type that calm enough, like is there a smiley face emoji I need to add or like maybe a bear picture or something.
brimx153
10/31/2016 7:37pm
mxb2 wrote:
Samuel wrote:
I get a kick out of these posts. Just because you can't squeeze every ounce of potential out of a bike, doesn't mean more power wouldn't...
how can you compare a 85 or a 125 to a fourstroke . Mxb2 is dead right imo . there is so little difference in all of the 250f , yes the rmz is a bit under powered to say the yamaha . but most people will never need the extra 2 hp the yam has . to make a big difference in there lap times . Its like people calling the 450 honda to slow . ITS A 450 . its way to fast for anyone bar a pro .
wsc96
Fantasy
474th
10/31/2016 8:16pm
IMHO Roczen rode a stock Honda CRF450R at the launch event to shut the average joes up that may have otherwise complained about this that and the other. Watching him fly around would have given these average joes a reality check quick smart.
Samuel
10/31/2016 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2016 8:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
Samuel wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
how can you compare a 85 or a 125 to a fourstroke . Mxb2 is dead right imo . there is so little difference in all...
how can you compare a 85 or a 125 to a fourstroke . Mxb2 is dead right imo . there is so little difference in all of the 250f , yes the rmz is a bit under powered to say the yamaha . but most people will never need the extra 2 hp the yam has . to make a big difference in there lap times . Its like people calling the 450 honda to slow . ITS A 450 . its way to fast for anyone bar a pro .
I didn't say he was wrong. If you'll notice, I agreed with him that nobody rides a bike to its potential. I used the 85 to make a point. Obviously its slower. It works the same if you compare a 250f to a 450. There is a jump at a track I used to ride that was decent sized and right out of a turn. I could do it on a 450, farting around the turn and then getting on it. A 250f can do it too, by getting on it earlier in the turn and keeping it pinned. For me personally, riding the bike that hard isn't really fun. I'm riding to have fun, not milk every ounce of horsepower out of the bike for every second I'm on the track. If I want to putt around the track and still do all the jumps, it's easy on a 450. Just like he has a-kit suspension because he WANTS it, some people WANT extra power. For some, it makes the ride more enjoyable to not have to ring the piss out of a bike all the time. I agree that all the bikes are close, but I read one shootout where there was one bike that a rider kept casing a jump that he cleared just fine with every other bike. It does make a difference. I'm sure he could have cleared the jump with more effort, but in racing, sometimes you want the bike to makee up for effort. I get tired after a few laps, I don't want to work harder than I have to.

Post a reply to: 2017 250f shootout

The Latest