2016 kx450f known issues

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2017 12:15 AM

I'm thinking about selling my 07 yz250 2stroke for a 16 kx450f. I just want to know if there are any known issues with these bikes and if theres anything I should look out for.

|

7/23/2017 11:31 AM

Only problem I've had on mine was the rear chain guide wearing out in like 15 hours. Bought an Acerbis replacement one and have been good since.

The stock suspension valving is pretty harsh, but after Factory Connection revalved my fork and shock it has been awesome. Overall I'm pumped on the bike and am planning to upgrade to an 18 at some point.

|

7/23/2017 1:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 1:37 PM


Keep the yz, have no value for sale anymore. And still lot's of fun.
|

7/23/2017 1:52 PM

16.5 hours blew a fork seal. probably due to the tracks i ride and the type of dirt. other than that I love it. I heard a rumor of a new 19 kx450. hope it has estart and I'll own it

|

7/23/2017 2:24 PM

No problems with mine and I even don't mind the suspension.

|

Care Factor Zero

7/23/2017 2:25 PM

RJMX834 wrote:

16.5 hours blew a fork seal. probably due to the tracks i ride and the type of dirt. other than that I love it. I heard a rumor of a new 19 kx450. hope it has estart and I'll own it

Heard the same thing. A buddy was going to get a 17 kx450 until another buddy in the industry told him 19 is going to be all new

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

7/23/2017 2:28 PM

I have one best bike I have ever owned , I heard some were breaking cases by the kick starter kick back, I think Kawasaki fixed the problem though... I just set the pressure in the forks every time I ride and the forks work good.

|

7/23/2017 4:02 PM

ron36 wrote:
Keep the yz, have no value for sale anymore. And still lot's of fun.

I don't know about that. Seems like any 06+ YZ250 in decent shape bottoms out at $3000 around here.

|

7/23/2017 5:40 PM

ron36 wrote:
Keep the yz, have no value for sale anymore. And still lot's of fun.

Jbulz wrote:

I don't know about that. Seems like any 06+ YZ250 in decent shape bottoms out at $3000 around here.

I agree with this; you aren't going to find any decent aluminum-framed YZ, whether 125 or 250, for less than 3k.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

7/23/2017 8:12 PM

Sipes #412 wrote:

I'm thinking about selling my 07 yz250 2stroke for a 16 kx450f. I just want to know if there are any known issues with these bikes and if theres anything I should look out for.

Great bike IMO. I like the air forks on it...way better than the PSF-2 air forks on the 2016 Honda which I have as well. The only thing is, check the nuts constantly. I torque them but they still seem to wiggle loose..especially the 24mm nut on the steering stem..top one, not the 28mm one.

|

11/13/2018 6:30 PM

My 3rd to 4th gear went at 43 hours of mx track time. The dogs wore and the washer/shim next to 4th gear broke into pieces. Seems 2017 the part numbers changed for the gears i wore out. Im thinking updated parts. Worst part is my 2016 gears are backordered 6 weeks. So i cant get the parts. Somethings up.

|

11/13/2018 6:59 PM

Mapping sucks

Otherwise great bike

|

11/13/2018 7:36 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

Mapping sucks

Otherwise great bike

Tokyo Mods remapped mine. That and setting the TPS correctly really changed the whole bike. It still gets a pop or two every now and then, but it’s so much better than stock.

Mine has been trouble free and has 45 hours now.

|

11/13/2018 10:02 PM

The tranny in my ‘16 lasted the same amount of time. Same problem as yours plus some others.
$900.00 in parts with a discount and did the work myself. Remapped, FC spring forks and shock. FMF pipe. My ‘19 makes my old ‘16 feel like a dinosaur.

|

11/13/2018 11:04 PM

Greenguy wrote:

The tranny in my ‘16 lasted the same amount of time. Same problem as yours plus some others.
$900.00 in parts with a discount and did the work myself. Remapped, FC spring forks and shock. FMF pipe. My ‘19 makes my old ‘16 feel like a dinosaur.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah im doing the job myself also and yes its about 900.00 after i change all the input shaft gears and shift fork as well as some crankcase bearing that went bad as a result of it slipping out of gear. Im waiting a year to get the 2019. My 2016 is tricked out also full ohlins suspension. X10 tokyo mods ecu. (No more popping) Rekluse torque drive manual clutch. Fmf exhaust. Sfs air triple clamps. custom wheels . Its hard for me to upgrade since most of those parts wont fit the 2019. Im hoping the new gears i ordered are an upgraded part. I think kawi had a problem.

|

11/14/2018 2:46 AM

Sold mine at around 165 hours never a problem with the bike it was bulletpfoof.
Had KYB a kit suspension and some upgrades.

|