2016-2018 KTM linkage setups

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2021 6:26 PM

Just found out my dogbone is slightly cracked which is causing the hole for the bearings to round out. I’m entertaining different link options rather than buying stock, but it looks like the Ride Eng. link does not make a huge difference to most, and the PC setup says you need to go up 2 spring rates to compensate and a revalve wouldn’t hurt either. Im already happy with how the bike handles for the most part, but the two most popular options are either way more expensive than just a link, or not really worth the money. Anyone who experience with other setups than PC and the ride eng. link?

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

2/23/2021 6:33 PM

I'm an offroad guy and run the Fastway Linkage skid plates with the inserts to adjust the length. If you're a moto dude, they make just a dog bone that has the same adjustments. https://fastway.zone/product/22-db-305bk/

|

2/23/2021 6:55 PM

Check out the Luxon setup. Dog bones, knuckle, bearing inserts. They know their stuff. They spend a lot of time on Vital.

https://www.luxonmx.com/product-luxon-ktm-husqvarna-suspension-link.html

Hammer 663s

|

2/24/2021 3:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2021 6:17 AM

I would look at Luxon if i would want to get aftermarket linkage parts.

|

2/24/2021 4:20 AM

Hey, for what it’s worth I have a ride engineering link I pulled off my 17 husky 350 that’s in good shape that I will let go for $100 shipped..let me know if interested

|

2/24/2021 11:26 AM

I run the ride engineering link on mine and it was noticeable improvement on swap going into turns with breaking bumps and on chop coming out of turns.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

2/24/2021 11:47 AM

Luxon/N2D or REP

|

2/24/2021 1:02 PM

I put the Luxon knuckle from N2D on my 16 XCF 350. It helped a lot in small chop. I suggest you go the aftermarket route as that sock KTM link is designed to save weight (spring rate is light). A more progressive link works much better as the aftermarket has found out.

|

2/24/2021 1:30 PM

Luxon/N2D here also

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/24/2021 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2021 6:41 PM

I’ve got a used ride Engineering full linkage I’ll sell. If you’re interested shoot me an email gemtrey@gmail.com

|

2/24/2021 8:18 PM

Three7one wrote:

Hey, for what it’s worth I have a ride engineering link I pulled off my 17 husky 350 that’s in good shape that I will let go for $100 shipped..let me know if interested

Shoot me an email jesseheidenthal925@gmail.com

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

2/24/2021 9:46 PM

Also, N2D and Luxon were very helpful after the sale. I asked them for some rebound shim stack spec's as a base line and they were happy to share them with me. No bs... no "It's secret"... they were interested in helping the me get to a solution. Most suspension company's won't help with such specs. They think they created some "coke" formula that can't be shared. Which... is a joke. But the N2D and Luxon folks were all about helping the me get closer to the solution. That's HUGE in my opinion. I appreciate what they are doing in the customer service.

Ask Mitch Payton to help you with some valving spec's after purchasing the PC link....let me know how that goes....

|

2/25/2021 1:18 PM

PTshox wrote:

Also, N2D and Luxon were very helpful after the sale. I asked them for some rebound shim stack spec's as a base line and they were happy to share them with me. No bs... no "It's secret"... they were interested in helping the me get to a solution. Most suspension company's won't help with such specs. They think they created some "coke" formula that can't be shared. Which... is a joke. But the N2D and Luxon folks were all about helping the me get closer to the solution. That's HUGE in my opinion. I appreciate what they are doing in the customer service.

Ask Mitch Payton to help you with some valving spec's after purchasing the PC link....let me know how that goes....

sideways whistling
|