2015 France MXDN Bench Racing - The Moto's

pilotdude
9/27/2015 10:04am
Julian wrote:
Hi there Jeffro503, You know..... I was watching a Bercy SX one year, back when JMB was racing, (it is on youtube) That track was so...
Hi there Jeffro503,

You know..... I was watching a Bercy SX one year, back when JMB was racing, (it is on youtube) That track was so tight and hard to pass on but Bayle was carving his way through, then he made a pass on an American rider that was actually fairly clean but one could maybe say it was not just because the way the action happened, So... you know what JMB did, he let the American rider pass him back and then he passed him again completely clean because that is the kind of rider JMB is. That impressed me and made me think what a nice sport we have.

I know Cooper did not knock Febvre down.

I am just saying the way he chose to pass Febvre just made him look silly in my eyes and probably at least one person in attendance also felt the same (JMB was there)
You are a fool. A 450 total rookie, in the most pressure-packed race of the year, running the pace of the "world" champion on an unfamiliar French track in front of a hostile French crowd, and you think his choice of PASS on that French rider made him look silly?

How about the big, bad, French champion looked silly getting passed by an American 450 rookie?

Oh but the Euro riders are SOOO much better then the American riders now, according the all the GP fanboys here.

Laughable.
akillerwombat
9/27/2015 10:05am
Julian wrote:
I like Webb. There have always been Webb-like riders competing in the sport, I even remember some from Russia back in the 250cc GP's when they...
I like Webb. There have always been Webb-like riders competing in the sport, I even remember some from Russia back in the 250cc GP's when they kept Velkey from winning the championship.

but in my eyes, it is not clean riding and personally i like clean riding.

if you are faster that the rider in front of you, just use your skill to pass him fairly.

running straight through a turn into his path is not fair and it could bring down and injure the rider being passed which is just not fair.

can you imagine if cooper had reached the point right in front of Febvre's front wheel just 1/3 of a second later - and he took down the world champion in front of 60000 French fans?

Can I imagine - yes. But that's not what happened. No point in playing the "what if game" when we have exact evidence of how it played out.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/27/2015 10:14am
Such an awesome event, what a privilege to get to see that racing. Well done France, well done 7,8 & 9, well done all the guys dinged who gutted it out. Well done Ben for making it so clear that great riders are transcendent (even if unlucky).

It was a beautiful day in a beautiful place for a beautiful brawl! Hope more guys are healthy for their teams next year in Italy.
Julian
9/27/2015 10:17am
some of you are not getting what I am saying,

I am saying the style of passing is not fair (to run across a turn directly in front of the path of the other rider)

If there are those who want to say that style of pass is ok as long as no one goes down, that is your right

but that is not my point.

and the guy who made reference to Cooper being American, not sure what you mean, to me if Febvre had passed Cooper that way, it would still be just as wrong.

But I think I will leave this thread alone now because there are those now calling me a fool because I have an opinion about what an unfair pass is - so, see you later guys.....

The Shop

kongols
9/27/2015 10:19am
pilotdude wrote:
You are a fool. A 450 total rookie, in the most pressure-packed race of the year, running the pace of the "world" champion on an unfamiliar...
You are a fool. A 450 total rookie, in the most pressure-packed race of the year, running the pace of the "world" champion on an unfamiliar French track in front of a hostile French crowd, and you think his choice of PASS on that French rider made him look silly?

How about the big, bad, French champion looked silly getting passed by an American 450 rookie?

Oh but the Euro riders are SOOO much better then the American riders now, according the all the GP fanboys here.

Laughable.
Are you drunk?

pilotdude
9/27/2015 10:19am
Julian wrote:
some of you are not getting what I am saying, I am saying the style of passing is not fair (to run across a turn directly...

I am saying the style of passing is not fair (to run across a turn directly in front of the path of the other rider)

If there are those who want to say that style of pass is ok as long as no one goes down, that is your right

and the guy who made reference to Cooper being American, not sure what you mean, to me if Febvre had passed Cooper that way, it would still be just as wrong.

But I think I will leave this thread alone now because there are those now calling me a fool because I have an opinion about what an unfair pass is - so, see you later guys.....
Buh bye.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/27/2015 10:22am
Julian wrote:
some of you are not getting what I am saying, I am saying the style of passing is not fair (to run across a turn directly...

It's fair until it's not. With that, I checking out of this thread without reading anything else and spoiling a wonderful moto morning.

Time to watch MotoGP now. Great burnt fuel weelend for sure!
Nighttrain
9/27/2015 10:23am
Congrats to Team France. Back to back champs is an impressive feat. And your country hosts a fine event.
9/27/2015 10:27am
pilotdude wrote:
You are a fool. A 450 total rookie, in the most pressure-packed race of the year, running the pace of the "world" champion on an unfamiliar...

Laughable.
What made the crowd hostile? Because they cheered for their riders?
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/27/2015 10:30am
The Rock wrote:
I have a new hero and his name is Ben Townley Congratulations to Team France and to Team USA. Our boys did their best and have...
I have a new hero and his name is Ben Townley

Congratulations to Team France and to Team USA. Our boys did their best and have everything to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of.
hes been mine for a while,
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/27/2015 10:36am
Julian wrote:
excellent event - what could be improved ? my two cents Mr. Luongo: 1. during the downtime between motos, don't let MXGP-TV go black, let it...
excellent event - what could be improved ?

my two cents Mr. Luongo:

1. during the downtime between motos, don't let MXGP-TV go black, let it run, show the fans, show the tractors on the track, let the camera man stroll through the pits.

2. Bring back Jeff Emig every time, that duo of Malin and Emig was just smooth and excellent.

3. Don't have the event in France every 5 years, have it there every 3 years, or at least till some other track owners catch on how a fan-friendly track should be designed (=in a valley with 95% viewing for the thousands of fans)
IceMan446 wrote:
Should be in America every 3 years as well then.
when american gets crowd like france you would think about it, the crowd at Colorado was no where near what it is in france,

i think every 5 years in france is ok,

it needs to come to the southern hemisphere again, last time was 92
Sidecar
9/27/2015 11:12am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 11:14am
jamma10 wrote:
I know we're all moto-heads so naturally a little biased, but I honestly dont think there is a sporting event in the world to match the...
I know we're all moto-heads so naturally a little biased, but I honestly dont think there is a sporting event in the world to match the intensity and excitement of an MXdN. I don't care what anyone else says, I follow and attend a lot of other sporting events.

I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who lives their lives completely oblivious of just how bloody brilliant this sport can be.
I will 2nd that. The tactical knowledge of the worlds best riders, seeing new lines, carving inside and out, scrubbing low or blasting up over a jump, the sight and sound of 40 riders on the gate and when it drops.... Awesome. Mix in 60,000 + passionate and knowledgeable fans trackside and you can't beat it.... Wish I could have made it over this year.

Great day, congrats to France and very well done USA, those last 3 laps had me and my wife on the edge of the sofa shouting at the TV..... Roll on mxdn 16.
kongols
9/27/2015 11:44am
How are you doing, buddy? I know how much this means to you.
Sideways
9/27/2015 11:59am
Hopefully next year we have less injured top teams like strijbos,desalle and van hoorebek for BEL. And Roczen and a fit Nagl for GER. And cairoli,monticelli for ITA
kongols
9/27/2015 12:02pm
If it makes you feel better we got 19th. Shit, we were hoping for top6. Jonass could not ride and bike quit on Karro in a second race. All and all it`s all good.
After the race Ivanovs(our MX1 rider) was so stoked he could hang with Barcia for a lap and was not left in a dust(he almost got a holeshot and was in second for almost a lap). Haha.
9/27/2015 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2015 12:18pm
pilotdude wrote:

Laughable.
TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue me GP fanboy TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

you just made my day ......thnx for this highly rated intelligent comment ....
Aryen
9/27/2015 12:46pm
Aryen wrote:
Nice that we get a solid ride from Kouwenberg and Bogers, but imagine what we could've gotten from Herlings and Pootjes... Great ride from Barcia (best...
Nice that we get a solid ride from Kouwenberg and Bogers, but imagine what we could've gotten from Herlings and Pootjes...

Great ride from Barcia (best damage-control), Marv with unreal speed!
Stefan82 wrote:
With Herlings, Bogers and Coldenhoff we might finish top six.
Like I said, top 6 today already. Tongue
9/27/2015 12:47pm
Aryen wrote:
Nice that we get a solid ride from Kouwenberg and Bogers, but imagine what we could've gotten from Herlings and Pootjes... Great ride from Barcia (best...
Nice that we get a solid ride from Kouwenberg and Bogers, but imagine what we could've gotten from Herlings and Pootjes...

Great ride from Barcia (best damage-control), Marv with unreal speed!
Stefan82 wrote:
Aryen wrote:
yeah not bad at all ......
Aryen
9/27/2015 1:02pm
Stefan82 wrote:
Aryen wrote:
yeah not bad at all ......
Stoked already for next years MXoN with our all-orange squad.
jeffro503
9/27/2015 2:57pm
I think this post pretty much sums it up for me too. I can't wait for the GH mxon's here in 2017 , and I'm hoping for a really big turn out. But damn , I don't think we can beat the size of the crowd that was in France. That was an incredible site to see. I sure would of liked to of seen USA win it , but I'm happy for France , they raced awesome today. I'm really happy for Marvin especially because I kind of think of him as one of our own now.That , and maybe it's a little bitter sweet for him considering what happened at the last round of the nationals. That dude alone deserves it!
struth
9/27/2015 3:31pm
Julian wrote:
Hi there Jeffro503, You know..... I was watching a Bercy SX one year, back when JMB was racing, (it is on youtube) That track was so...
Hi there Jeffro503,

You know..... I was watching a Bercy SX one year, back when JMB was racing, (it is on youtube) That track was so tight and hard to pass on but Bayle was carving his way through, then he made a pass on an American rider that was actually fairly clean but one could maybe say it was not just because the way the action happened, So... you know what JMB did, he let the American rider pass him back and then he passed him again completely clean because that is the kind of rider JMB is. That impressed me and made me think what a nice sport we have.

I am just saying the way he chose to pass Febvre just made him look silly in my eyes and probably at least one person in attendance also felt the same (JMB was there)
pilotdude wrote:

Laughable.
No offence, I thought fevbre was toying with cooper n somewhat townley.
He caught passed both of them n was just pacing the race.
Looked at anytime fevbre could drop the hammer n gap then.

Wasn't it fevbre rookie 450 mx n first time rookie at mxdn.
Crush
9/27/2015 5:22pm
Julian wrote:

It's fair until it's not. With that, I checking out of this thread without reading anything else and spoiling a wonderful moto morning. Time to watch...
It's fair until it's not. With that, I checking out of this thread without reading anything else and spoiling a wonderful moto morning.

Time to watch MotoGP now. Great burnt fuel weelend for sure!
Would it have been outside the racing line if he knocked Febvre down there, that is very important to some people here...
bents
Fantasy
909th
9/27/2015 11:48pm
Just watched all the motos as I stayed away from the results all day-what a series of motos. I'm not sure how racing gets any better. Unbelievable. MM was crazy good, Febvre unreal, Paulin hung tough. Barcia and Cooper were animals and Jeremy held his own. The best thing about this event was that no one lost the thing-France went out and won it. B Team my ass. USA was on it, and so was France-the level of racing and race craft was amazing.

The track was spectacular, the fans incredible. Malin and Emig were both top notch. No losers here boys-the sport of MX won big today.
joeellis
9/28/2015 4:01am
bents wrote:
Just watched all the motos as I stayed away from the results all day-what a series of motos. I'm not sure how racing gets any better...
Just watched all the motos as I stayed away from the results all day-what a series of motos. I'm not sure how racing gets any better. Unbelievable. MM was crazy good, Febvre unreal, Paulin hung tough. Barcia and Cooper were animals and Jeremy held his own. The best thing about this event was that no one lost the thing-France went out and won it. B Team my ass. USA was on it, and so was France-the level of racing and race craft was amazing.

The track was spectacular, the fans incredible. Malin and Emig were both top notch. No losers here boys-the sport of MX won big today.
Totally agree. I thought the racing was epic. There should be no excuses made. everyone sends the best team available. There were several of the top riders in the world that didn't compete due to injury or choice, but I can't imagine the racing being any better had everyone been there.

Something that I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that neither the French nor the American teams had a bad moto. Given the intensity and the difficulty of the track, that was incredible. All 6 guys left everything on the track. Yes, they all made minor mistakes, but the only two incidents I remember that may have changed the outcome was Marvin's hard crash and Cooper's stall. Other than that, all 6 riders were really on it imo.
joeellis
9/28/2015 4:04am
Oh I did forget Paulin going down and losing a couple of spots. Anyway, given the intensity and riding on the edge, both teams did remerkably well.
JQ
9/28/2015 4:51am
Julian wrote:
Hi there Jeffro503,

pilotdude wrote:

Laughable.
struth wrote:
No offence, I thought fevbre was toying with cooper n somewhat townley. He caught passed both of them n was just pacing the race. Looked at...

Not sure about Webb, but 100% sure with Townley, yes they were pulling away, but Febvre just did what he needed to do. At one point Townley got close, next lap Febvre stepped it up and pulled away a bit. Its amazing how different it is standing by the track vs watching on TV. You can really tell a difference on effort level, 90% vs 100%. One lap it looks fast, next lap it looks insane. Webb I think surprised Febvre a bit, but after the pass attempt he just attacked and pulled away.
Febvre, Webb, Barcia, Musquin, Townley, Bobryshev all very impressive to watch. ansties crash was something else. Glad he will be ok.
joeellis
9/28/2015 5:24am
pilotdude wrote:

Laughable.
struth wrote:
No offence, I thought fevbre was toying with cooper n somewhat townley. He caught passed both of them n was just pacing the race. Looked at...

JQ wrote:
Not sure about Webb, but 100% sure with Townley, yes they were pulling away, but Febvre just did what he needed to do. At one point...
Not sure about Webb, but 100% sure with Townley, yes they were pulling away, but Febvre just did what he needed to do. At one point Townley got close, next lap Febvre stepped it up and pulled away a bit. Its amazing how different it is standing by the track vs watching on TV. You can really tell a difference on effort level, 90% vs 100%. One lap it looks fast, next lap it looks insane. Webb I think surprised Febvre a bit, but after the pass attempt he just attacked and pulled away.
Febvre, Webb, Barcia, Musquin, Townley, Bobryshev all very impressive to watch. ansties crash was something else. Glad he will be ok.
Yeah, that crash was knarly. No matter how good of shape those guys are in, none of them can go 100% the entire time I don't feel. Maybe 100% of what is left in the tank, but you know what I mean. They are all incredible athletes and treated us to a most enjoyable event.

Post a reply to: 2015 France MXDN Bench Racing - The Moto's

The Latest