2015.5 KTM Factory Edition Feedback

Digger29
4/1/2015 2:44pm
Digger29 wrote:
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Diggermx29/media/20150401_162643-1_zpsyx0d4dyu.jpeg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Diggermx29/20150401_162643-1_zpsyx0d4dyu.jpeg[/IMG][/URL] Call Billy at Powerband Racing. 763-241-2149. Tell Billy that I said to call and I'm pretty sure that you'll be very happy with the price...

Call Billy at Powerband Racing. 763-241-2149. Tell Billy that I said to call and I'm pretty sure that you'll be very happy with the price he gives you.
Hey Digger, who did your number plates?
139 Designs in VT. Tell Chris I told you to call. http://www.139designs.com/#!/csiu
Digger29
4/1/2015 2:52pm

His number plates make what I feel is the ugly side of the bike look pretty damn good :-)
bv
4/1/2015 2:57pm
Digger29 wrote:
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Diggermx29/media/20150330_142001_zpsmrykz6ni.jpeg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/Diggermx29/20150330_142001_zpsmrykz6ni.jpeg[/IMG][/URL] His number plates make what I feel is the ugly side of the bike look pretty damn good :-)

His number plates make what I feel is the ugly side of the bike look pretty damn good :-)
Hey digger do you have a skidplate on there? If so what kind I want to get one
Digger29
4/1/2015 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2015 3:10pm
Yup, I crafted a 15 350SXF KTM Powerparts plastic skid plate on it. With just a few mods it fits like a glove :-) Send me an email at mx29@charter.net and I'll send the pics of what I did to it to get it to get it fit and it was wasn't much either.

The Shop

kiwifan
4/1/2015 3:52pm
kiwifan wrote:
hang on a sec, you spend a lot more money to buy a FE then have to spend another $2300 on top of that???
Nobody said you have to put anything on it. But a lot of people don't ride stock suspension. It's not uncommon for people to get a...
Nobody said you have to put anything on it. But a lot of people don't ride stock suspension. It's not uncommon for people to get a revalve and the costs of those seem to be rising with all the additional parts they're adding.

And full cone valve forks at full retail are about $3200 or so plus springs. But to get cone valves and a shock revalve for $2300 isn't a bad deal at all.

It's no secret that the 4CS fork isn't great by any means. That's nothing new to anyone that's ridden them or done any research. Rather than throwing money into making a mediocre fork good, they simply just invest in what's known to work.

So no, you don't have to put $2300 into the bike. But you certainly could choose to do so and it would be an improvement. Just as it would be on most other bikes.

Shane
ok I guess my point is you have already spent extra dollars on what is meant to be a race replica limited edition top of the range bike, but then you still have to do a fork and shock revalve like you would on a non-FE bike....seems kind of ironic

And yes you dont have to revalve it, like you dont have to revalve a non-FE bikes suspension (esp. Yamaha)
kiwifan
4/1/2015 3:53pm
kiwifan wrote:
Sounds good and worth all the extra money you have to fork out for it....a shame most people cant afford it or probably even need it
"all the extra money" "most people can't afford it" "or probably even need it." "hang on a sec, you spend [b]a lot more money[/b] to buy...
"all the extra money" "most people can't afford it" "or probably even need it."

"hang on a sec, you spend a lot more money to buy a FE then have to spend another $2300 on top of that???"

This is loser thinking. Work a few extra hours per week or have less children.

This isn't millions of dollars guys. I spent THOUSANDS racing RC cars and everyone I raced against had Super nice shit.

My "works" "A-kit" WP Trax shock was $2200 with spring and oil. DUDE I used to have that much in my Losi 1/8 Nitro buggy.

Not saying I'm cool, or that it's "right" I'm saying if I came to your house I might find all kinds of things you don't "need."

If this suspension saves me ONE big crash I saved $thousands in hospital bills and time off work, and a lifetime of aches, maybe even my life.

it isnt loser thinking at all, I guess if you have money to throw at a already expensive bike which is meant to be the best out there and then you STILL have to throw more money at it seems rather weird....not sure how to get loser thinking out of that
kiwifan
4/1/2015 3:54pm
My dad just ordered WP Cone Forks Refurbished and [u]sent the shock to WP for a revalve[/u] and it was only $2,300 for both. SCORE. Yeah...
My dad just ordered WP Cone Forks Refurbished and sent the shock to WP for a revalve and it was only $2,300 for both. SCORE.

Yeah I watched him box it up lol.
kiwifan wrote:
hang on a sec, you spend a lot more money to buy a FE then have to spend another $2300 on top of that???
Crush wrote:
Aren't they like 8Grand new? I'd say that's a deal.
the bikes??? No....over $10k
slipdog
4/1/2015 3:58pm
Tim507 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/04/01/85795/s1200_WP_Cone_Kit.jpg[/img] WP Cone Kit as shown in the WP-Factory Connection add

WP Cone Kit as shown in the WP-Factory Connection add
I've got these available through one of my distributors and waiting for a call back on the pricing, the gal that answers the phones had to ask someone else and call me back. I've not seen the complete cartridges that FC has.

Crush
4/1/2015 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2015 4:23pm
kiwifan wrote:
Crush wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
No! The Cone Valve forks and WP Works shock... I think I need to be more specific in my posts. And I'm posting AUD not USD too! haha
KTMShane699
4/1/2015 4:33pm
kiwifan wrote:
ok I guess my point is you have already spent extra dollars on what is meant to be a race replica limited edition top of the...
ok I guess my point is you have already spent extra dollars on what is meant to be a race replica limited edition top of the range bike, but then you still have to do a fork and shock revalve like you would on a non-FE bike....seems kind of ironic

And yes you dont have to revalve it, like you dont have to revalve a non-FE bikes suspension (esp. Yamaha)
Suspension from the factory will never be a great fit for everyone. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

So every time I buy a bike, I plan on having to do the suspension. For me it's a "cost of doing business."

Shane
KTMShane699
4/1/2015 4:34pm
Crush wrote:
No! The Cone Valve forks and WP Works shock... I think I need to be more specific in my posts. And I'm posting AUD not USD...
No! The Cone Valve forks and WP Works shock... I think I need to be more specific in my posts. And I'm posting AUD not USD too! haha
Good point Crush about AUD! Forgot you're way over there.

Shane
kiwifan
4/1/2015 4:44pm
kiwifan wrote:
ok I guess my point is you have already spent extra dollars on what is meant to be a race replica limited edition top of the...

Suspension from the factory will never be a great fit for everyone. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. So every time I buy a...
Suspension from the factory will never be a great fit for everyone. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

So every time I buy a bike, I plan on having to do the suspension. For me it's a "cost of doing business."

Shane
you still missed my point....but all power to your with your purchase they are nice bikes
kiwifan
4/1/2015 4:45pm
Crush wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Crush wrote:
No! The Cone Valve forks and WP Works shock... I think I need to be more specific in my posts. And I'm posting AUD not USD...
so $8k suspensions till needs a revalve...I guess I am not good at getting my points across, or they are jsut ignored lol
Crush
4/1/2015 4:52pm
The components cost whatever they cost, but that has no bearing on if it's setup for him. I'm 250 pounds, I could buy them right now, they wouldn't be setup for me.... I'd still have to get revalved and resprung.

Unless you're 175 and 5'10" it's pretty normal to have to revalve your suspension, he's just starting with nicer components to begin with.
KTMShane699
4/1/2015 4:55pm
kiwifan wrote:
so $8k suspensions till needs a revalve...I guess I am not good at getting my points across, or they are jsut ignored lol
I don't think I saw anyone mention spending the money on cone valve forks or trax shocks and having to get the revalved? It's part of what you're paying for when you buy them.

As for buying a bike off the floor, yes I plan on it needing to be done. Is it a necessity? Maybe not. But I like the confidence that comes in it being set up for me. And I'll admit that the Yamaha's have decent stuff from the factory. They're probably the only ones that can honestly claim that.

It would be awesome the day you can pick a base model and order it from the factory as you want and just have it comes that way. That day isn't here yet, so for now we take production bikes and customize them as we see fit.

Shane
slipdog
4/1/2015 4:55pm
Tim507 wrote:
$3000ish is what I've been told - but not by FC..it was a dealer Waiting for a FC quote now - quote to be here today...
$3000ish is what I've been told - but not by FC..it was a dealer

Waiting for a FC quote now - quote to be here today so they said.....
Complete fork with springs is $3239.00, Trax shock is $2k, Drop in kit for Bladder or 4cs fork is $2239.00 and the up grade kit for the bladder forks is $1120.00
slipdog
4/1/2015 4:58pm
Crush wrote:
The components cost whatever they cost, but that has no bearing on if it's setup for him. I'm 250 pounds, I could buy them right now...
The components cost whatever they cost, but that has no bearing on if it's setup for him. I'm 250 pounds, I could buy them right now, they wouldn't be setup for me.... I'd still have to get revalved and resprung.

Unless you're 175 and 5'10" it's pretty normal to have to revalve your suspension, he's just starting with nicer components to begin with.
The WP stuff, like Ohlins, is sprung and valved by the factory for the specific buyer. Not like production where every one is the same.
resetjet
4/1/2015 5:20pm
1120 for that spring upgrade kit for the cc bladder forks. Thats crazy. They should be giving it out for free as they should have never used that stupid bladder. They always have to do things different. Why can't they just do what is known to work. Its a euro thing I guess. Good suspension is not mystery. Problem is peirer owns WP too. Funny how their OC forks are pretty good......
Crush
4/1/2015 5:56pm
slipdog wrote:
The WP stuff, like Ohlins, is sprung and valved by the factory for the specific buyer. Not like production where every one is the same.
Yep, but again he could easily not be happy with it and revalve again... Wouldn't be the first person to get stuff redone.
kiwifan
4/1/2015 11:23pm
Crush wrote:
The components cost whatever they cost, but that has no bearing on if it's setup for him. I'm 250 pounds, I could buy them right now...

yes ok I get that....I guess if you are 250 pounds and can afford to do that then all power to you eh?

For the average guy the cost of the FE isnt worth it in my opinion, thats not a KTM hate thing by the way, clearly they are good bikes....and they should be for the price.
Tonynz
4/2/2015 12:19am
Crush wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
yes ok I get that....I guess if you are 250 pounds and can afford to do that then all power to you eh? For the average...
yes ok I get that....I guess if you are 250 pounds and can afford to do that then all power to you eh?

For the average guy the cost of the FE isnt worth it in my opinion, thats not a KTM hate thing by the way, clearly they are good bikes....and they should be for the price.
If soneone can afford to buy a FE, and wants to spend extra to make it better, it is no ones business except there own.
If I add up what i have spent on my 300sx, it would be scary.
If i could have got a FE here in NZ, i would probably have bought one, then spent money on making how I want it.
Will have to do all that to a 16 when they come out.
kiwifan
4/2/2015 1:56am
Crush wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
yes ok I get that....I guess if you are 250 pounds and can afford to do that then all power to you eh? For the average...

Tonynz wrote:
If soneone can afford to buy a FE, and wants to spend extra to make it better, it is no ones business except there own. If...
If soneone can afford to buy a FE, and wants to spend extra to make it better, it is no ones business except there own.
If I add up what i have spent on my 300sx, it would be scary.
If i could have got a FE here in NZ, i would probably have bought one, then spent money on making how I want it.
Will have to do all that to a 16 when they come out.
I realise that Tony, and none of my comments criticise them buying one, if they have the money then good one them (I even mentioned that a few times).

And a 2016 is cheaper and will have the same features as the FE so yeah better option, that was really my point
hollifield
4/2/2015 2:05am
I really don't understand why anyone would complain about having to do the suspension on a new bike. It really doen't matter what the bike cost new. Suspension is something that is very personal to each rider. I have never bought a new bike that I could get comfortable on with stock suspension. I have the new 250 FE and honestly the suspension on it is dog shit to me. Super harsh on the initial stroke and just generally very nervous. I'm just waiting until I get a little time on the bike before having it all re-worked. Once re-worked the bike will have a more plush feel and will enable me to ride the bike harder, which means faster. A company can't sell a bike that the suspension works for every rider. There are way too many factors that go into the setup.
copsey
4/2/2015 5:28am
Tim507 wrote:
copsey...who did your KYB SSS conversion? The stock forks are ....well 4cs fail:pinch: :whistle: :S Slip - so the cone kit does not fit the 4cs...
copsey...who did your KYB SSS conversion?

The stock forks are ....well 4cs failPinchWhistlingDizzy

Slip - so the cone kit does not fit the 4cs? I thought with the kit all you used was the tubes - everything else changes out.

Suspension is everything for an accomplished rider of any skill level. That and a good physical training program!!!
slipdog wrote:
I could be mistaken, but I thought you either got the complete fork or the conversion kit. My WP catalog just shows the kit as a...
I could be mistaken, but I thought you either got the complete fork or the conversion kit. My WP catalog just shows the kit as a replacement for the top part of the cartridge converting it from a bladder system to an ICS system like the Japanese forks. If they offer a complete cartridge you could probably drop it in a set of gutted 4cs, but I don't think they do.
Guy here from Ohio did them. He took the legs from the 4CS, added the CC axle lugs and I don't know what else. All I know is I've never ridden a KTM with better forks. I had an FC setup in the 2012 CC's and it wasn't near what this is.

If you want more info shoot me a PM and I'll give you his info.
Paul333
4/2/2015 7:48am Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 10:22am
I picked up my 450 last night. I’d gotten to see it but due to work had not had a chance to bring it home until last night. Obviously I have not had a chance to ride it yet either.

It is hands down the most high quality bike I have owned. This is my first KTM but all I can say is wow very impressive. You can really spot the engineering & attention to detail after you sit down and inspect the bike for a few minutes. Braided steel brake lines, Galfer front & rear brake rotors, aftermarket quality billet hubs & triple clamps, aftermarket quality footpegs/shifter & brake lever, no tools required air filter access, self adjusting hydraulic clutch, not to forget all the KTM Powerparts do-dads you get with the Factory Edition.

Like I said I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet due to work but so far I am incredibly impressed with KTM.
4/2/2015 7:59am
Paul333 wrote:
I picked up my 450 last night. I’d gotten to see it but due to work had not had a chance to bring it home until...
I picked up my 450 last night. I’d gotten to see it but due to work had not had a chance to bring it home until last night. Obviously I have not had a chance to ride it yet either.

It is hands down the most high quality bike I have owned. This is my first KTM but all I can say is wow very impressive. You can really spot the engineering & attention to detail after you sit down and inspect the bike for a few minutes. Braided steel brake lines, Galfer front & rear brake rotors, aftermarket quality billet hubs & triple clamps, aftermarket quality footpegs/shifter & brake lever, no tools required air filter access, self adjusting hydraulic clutch, not to forget all the KTM Powerparts do-dads you get with the Factory Edition.

Like I said I have not gotten a chance to ride it yet due to work but so far I am incredibly impressed with KTM.
Congratulations on your purchase! It's hard to regret the "extra" money when you look at the bike. It's impossible to regret after you ride it.

ktm212
4/2/2015 8:01am
kiwifan wrote:
Dude your hate on the FE is to the point of obsession my friend. The bike could come with full factory suspension and you'd say its too stiff and why would they sell it like that when the masses cant use it. 98% of the bikes at the track, even the magical SSS yamahas, are revalved and sprung and sold air bleeders and stuff none of them can feel or need. If ktm offered a gold plated bike youd say why isn't it silver.
Johnny Depp
4/2/2015 8:25am
Witnessed a local vet Russell Campbell take a digger on his new FE Sunday at Murphy's MX. He got scraped up a bit and broke a clutch lever.

Weird thing is he didn't know what happened. Slow short landed a jump on his out lap and ended up over the bars. Wasn't sure if he had accidentally dragged the rear brake or had a unusual hop from rebound or the engine had cut out or what? It happened fast and he leaned toward a bog.

There were 2 of them and they were beautiful and sitting on them seemed they skinny in the middle. The riders were both loving them other than the one incident.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
4/2/2015 12:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/2/2015 12:32pm
I just got this photo from Scott at P3 Carbon. He's working on the slide plate for the new bike and should be done in a month.
Here's his info if you want one:
Phone: 304-562-9515
Company: P3 Composites

kiwifan
4/2/2015 2:00pm
kiwifan wrote:
ktm212 wrote:
Dude your hate on the FE is to the point of obsession my friend. The bike could come with full factory suspension and you'd say its...
Dude your hate on the FE is to the point of obsession my friend. The bike could come with full factory suspension and you'd say its too stiff and why would they sell it like that when the masses cant use it. 98% of the bikes at the track, even the magical SSS yamahas, are revalved and sprung and sold air bleeders and stuff none of them can feel or need. If ktm offered a gold plated bike youd say why isn't it silver.
reading my fucking posts, I have said numerous times that the bikes are clearly very good.....jesus wept!!!!

Post a reply to: 2015.5 KTM Factory Edition Feedback

The Latest