2014 yamaha yz

Zesiger 112
Fantasy
2020th
Edited Date/Time 6/13/2013 2:11pm
Well... at least they are selling them. Or at least trying to.
|
6/12/2013 1:49pm
I'm kind of sad to see no upgrade (they don't even get the blue fender the 4 strokes have), but I feel better just for the fact that the 250AF project I'm working on won't be obsolete by the time I'm done building it.
6/12/2013 2:21pm
Sheriff245 wrote:
I'm kind of sad to see no upgrade (they don't even get the blue fender the 4 strokes have), but I feel better just for the...
I'm kind of sad to see no upgrade (they don't even get the blue fender the 4 strokes have), but I feel better just for the fact that the 250AF project I'm working on won't be obsolete by the time I'm done building it.
Why do you guys waste your money on those AF conversions? That frame is not built for the engine you wedge in it, harmonics, etc... this bike here already has an aluminum frame.
DrSweden
6/12/2013 2:53pm
Sheriff245 wrote:
I'm kind of sad to see no upgrade (they don't even get the blue fender the 4 strokes have), but I feel better just for the...
Why do you guys waste your money on those AF conversions? That frame is not built for the engine you wedge in it, harmonics, etc... this...
Why do you guys waste your money on those AF conversions? That frame is not built for the engine you wedge in it, harmonics, etc... this bike here already has an aluminum frame.
I figure 90% of what we do regarding to this sport, is out of passion. Common sense left the building the moment with mounted our first dirt bike. People buy black rims, with purple hubs, graphics that sponsors anything from sculls with nazi helmets to energy drinks, exhaust system for 1k that will make the bike 1% lighter, with no proof of increase speed for 99.9% of the riders, even buy clown suits in crazy colors because a famous person uses them etc etc.

And you think an AF projekt should be questioned? Grinning
6/13/2013 11:04am
Sheriff245 wrote:
Why do you guys waste your money on those AF conversions? That frame is not built for the engine you wedge in it, harmonics, etc... this...
It's not about frame material. It's about geometry and ergonomics. As for the "this frame is not meant for that engine", we'll find out soon but I doubt it will have much impact.

The Shop

TeamGreen
6/13/2013 11:34am
Throw the UFO kit on there; but, keep the stock shrouds and trim the rear-edge of the UFO side-plates...VOILA!

Me? Well, I like to make run the lighter Swing-Arm and stuff...but...it's not needed.
cwtoyota
6/13/2013 11:46am
The frame swaps aren't bad.
I've ridden a 2002 CR250R (two stroke chassis) with a 1989 CR500R engine.
Vibration was horrible, but that's the case with any 500cc two stroke.

The bike handled well, I would say it was on par with my 2010 YZ250.|
As Sheriff245 said, it's more about looks, ergos, geometry, weight and modern components.

I have an old 2002 YZ250 and a 2010... The only real advantage for a B, C or D class amateur is the improved suspension and brakes. Guess what, the new brakes or Honda brakes bolt on to the old bikes and the suspension can be re-valved and re-sprung.
6/13/2013 2:07pm
cwtoyota wrote:
The frame swaps aren't bad. I've ridden a 2002 CR250R (two stroke chassis) with a 1989 CR500R engine. Vibration was horrible, but that's the case with...
The frame swaps aren't bad.
I've ridden a 2002 CR250R (two stroke chassis) with a 1989 CR500R engine.
Vibration was horrible, but that's the case with any 500cc two stroke.

The bike handled well, I would say it was on par with my 2010 YZ250.|
As Sheriff245 said, it's more about looks, ergos, geometry, weight and modern components.

I have an old 2002 YZ250 and a 2010... The only real advantage for a B, C or D class amateur is the improved suspension and brakes. Guess what, the new brakes or Honda brakes bolt on to the old bikes and the suspension can be re-valved and re-sprung.
I have a Honda front brake on my 01 Yz 250 and I plan on upgrading the suspenders when I get the money together. Bingo Bango It will be as good as a 2013 yz 250.
DrSweden
6/13/2013 2:11pm
I put a 270 rotor on my YZ125, and a complete CRF-system from reservoir to caliper assy. I feel few people will out brake these days! Smile

Post a reply to: 2014 yamaha yz

The Latest