2014 honda rumor

JW381
3/1/2013 2:53pm
DrSweden wrote:
I think it's important to address the fun factor. Maybe it's just me and some other old farts, but I'm going to ride the indoor track...
I think it's important to address the fun factor. Maybe it's just me and some other old farts, but I'm going to ride the indoor track tomorrow since it's snowy here still (will put the spike tires on though and test outdoor Sunday), and have been doing that a couple of times with my CRFs with the feeling, at least I got some seat time. But now with the tiddler I feel an urge doing so, that I newer felt before (recent years). Its so damn fun riding again. I'm just confused why this issue isn't more adressed since none here aim for a career anyway?

But again, maybe it's just me having those feelings...
It's hard to not want to turn the fastest laps and win races (even 30+ Int) when that's what we all watch on TV. We're all competitive and see the best and want to do our best. For some, that is more fun than the joy of actually riding.

And then you put them on a 2-stroke again and they enjoy riding just for the joy of it haha. I'll hit plenty of races this spring and summer, but I'm really just lookin to ride my CR as much as I can and pop some wheelies and hit some ruts and do some bunny hops.
wydopen
3/1/2013 3:02pm
DrSweden wrote:
I think it's important to address the fun factor. Maybe it's just me and some other old farts, but I'm going to ride the indoor track...
I think it's important to address the fun factor. Maybe it's just me and some other old farts, but I'm going to ride the indoor track tomorrow since it's snowy here still (will put the spike tires on though and test outdoor Sunday), and have been doing that a couple of times with my CRFs with the feeling, at least I got some seat time. But now with the tiddler I feel an urge doing so, that I newer felt before (recent years). Its so damn fun riding again. I'm just confused why this issue isn't more adressed since none here aim for a career anyway?

maybe its just the track I ride (deep loam, big hills and jumps) but im having way more fun on my fourstroke...i was totally pro 2stroke until i got a 450...now my 2strokes just sit...for me the faster im going the more fun im having and riding the 450 definitely makes me faster...i can also ride twice as long..

maybe its just because i suck and i cant rail a 2smoke properly...idk..
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
3/1/2013 3:04pm
DrSweden wrote:

Your not the only one........I raced the A class right into the four stroke switch over........Nothing is as fun to ride or race as a two stroke, then again thats just how i feel anyway.

The Shop

JW381
3/1/2013 3:21pm
I've rode a 450 a few times and it's definitely not boring. Just a different kind of fun. Kind of like an American V8 vs a sporty STi or something.
DrSweden
3/1/2013 3:42pm
JW381 wrote:
It's hard to not want to turn the fastest laps and win races (even 30+ Int) when that's what we all watch on TV. We're all...
It's hard to not want to turn the fastest laps and win races (even 30+ Int) when that's what we all watch on TV. We're all competitive and see the best and want to do our best. For some, that is more fun than the joy of actually riding.

And then you put them on a 2-stroke again and they enjoy riding just for the joy of it haha. I'll hit plenty of races this spring and summer, but I'm really just lookin to ride my CR as much as I can and pop some wheelies and hit some ruts and do some bunny hops.
I know, it's not an argument where I'm right, others are wrong, I'm kind of suggesting though that many people that just ride once a month or less, might hit the track more often if they would feel that previous joy, that maybe made them want to go more often? I got a restart going back to the source.
DrSweden
3/1/2013 3:48pm
Your not the only one........I raced the A class right into the four stroke switch over........Nothing is as fun to ride or race as a two...
Your not the only one........I raced the A class right into the four stroke switch over........Nothing is as fun to ride or race as a two stroke, then again thats just how i feel anyway.
You became an A-rider, obviously put the riding to the next level, but I really wonder how much slower I'm on my 125? 1 sec a lap? For sure it's harder to be constant since one tend to do more mistakes in corners, harder to clear jumps etc. But at my lever (Cool I wonder if not having fun can actually improve my speed? I'm one of those, that probably go 70-80% of my capacity (if not racing), the better safe than sorry aproach? I notice I dramatically increase speed when being passed! Evil 1 sec per lap slower?

Well, in my book you get it! Wink
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
3/1/2013 3:56pm
peelout wrote:
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes. Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they...
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes.

Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they still release them sure, but putting R&D towards them? leave that to KTM.

KTM will be the only bike I ever buy from here on. i applaud them
why would Yamaha spend money to update a product they sell out of every year? There isn't any incentive to spend the R&D money if they sell every one they build with old tech on it
peelout
3/1/2013 4:09pm
peelout wrote:
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes. Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they...
as many have said in this thread, there is no way Honda is going to do anything with 2-strokes.

Yamaha won't even update their 2-strokes, they still release them sure, but putting R&D towards them? leave that to KTM.

KTM will be the only bike I ever buy from here on. i applaud them
why would Yamaha spend money to update a product they sell out of every year? There isn't any incentive to spend the R&D money if they...
why would Yamaha spend money to update a product they sell out of every year? There isn't any incentive to spend the R&D money if they sell every one they build with old tech on it
i won't argue with you there.

but the KTM's that get updated every year sell like hot-cakes as well.
3/1/2013 4:28pm
I am not trying to stir up any trouble but here is what happened to me:

After having ridden 4 strokes for years I rode my friends Hodaka Wombat all morning and it was pure ecstacy, the ultra light weight, crisp handling, and raspy shriek of the motor. It was a cloudy day and then out of nowhere the heavens opened up exposing a beam of light all around me and I swear I heard Jeeezus say 'now go-ust unto the 2 stroke promised land of Glen Helen raceway and lead the flock of ignorant morons with you'...

Hey, don't kill the messenger. I am just reporting what I saw..
Frodad78
3/1/2013 4:57pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see honda make a 2 stroke motorcycle line like the old Yamaha RT. They would bill it as "low cost, older technology that everyone can enjoy".

Either that or they cold make some killer offroad 2 strokes, but I don't know how much money there is in that venture. Turning a 2 stroke around in the woods sure is easy.

This is all speculation and Bullshit any way, still fun though.
JW381
3/1/2013 4:59pm
JW381 wrote:
It's hard to not want to turn the fastest laps and win races (even 30+ Int) when that's what we all watch on TV. We're all...

DrSweden wrote:
I know, it's not an argument where I'm right, others are wrong, I'm kind of suggesting though that many people that just ride once a month...
I know, it's not an argument where I'm right, others are wrong, I'm kind of suggesting though that many people that just ride once a month or less, might hit the track more often if they would feel that previous joy, that maybe made them want to go more often? I got a restart going back to the source.
I know, I wasn't disagreeing or saying there were sides, I can just understand why people put the pure joy aside for a little less joy (for some, not all) and want to win or put down speedy laps.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
3/1/2013 5:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 5:13pm
Your not the only one........I raced the A class right into the four stroke switch over........Nothing is as fun to ride or race as a two...
DrSweden wrote:
You became an A-rider, obviously put the riding to the next level, but I really wonder how much slower I'm on my 125? 1 sec a...
You became an A-rider, obviously put the riding to the next level, but I really wonder how much slower I'm on my 125? 1 sec a lap? For sure it's harder to be constant since one tend to do more mistakes in corners, harder to clear jumps etc. But at my lever (Cool I wonder if not having fun can actually improve my speed? I'm one of those, that probably go 70-80% of my capacity (if not racing), the better safe than sorry aproach? I notice I dramatically increase speed when being passed! Evil 1 sec per lap slower?

Well, in my book you get it! Wink
No doubt most people WILL go faster on a four stroke. Its easier, but the fun factor is what i am all about these days, whatever puts the biggest grin on my face when i twist it. Smile
Outsider
3/1/2013 5:29pm
I am not trying to stir up any trouble but here is what happened to me: After having ridden 4 strokes for years I rode my...

After having ridden 4 strokes for years I rode my friends Hodaka Wombat all morning and it was pure ecstacy, the ultra light weight, crisp handling, and raspy shriek of the motor. It was a cloudy day and then out of nowhere the heavens opened up exposing a beam of light all around me and I swear I heard Jeeezus say 'now go-ust unto the 2 stroke promised land of Glen Helen raceway and lead the flock of ignorant morons with you'...

Kinda like jumping on an 85... fun for sure, but much slower!
Skymx99
Fantasy
3202nd
3/1/2013 5:43pm
DrSweden wrote:

It's not just you man. I had pretty much declined from riding/racing every weekend through my teens into 20s to just riding once or twice a year the past few years. This past fall I got out my old 2002 RM125 and went to the track reluctantly because I had some friends that talked me into it. I had an absolute blast. Since then I have completely restored the 125 and bought 3 new sets of gear and have the bug worse than ever! That CRF450 just sits in the garage now. I have no intention of riding it ever again. I wish someone would buy it. I have been riding for about 20 years now and have had more fun the past few rides than I can ever remember as a kid. I rode a 2013 YZ250F and 2013 KTM-250SXF 2 weeks ago and care nothing for either one. I will stick to my "antique."
CR250Rider
3/1/2013 6:11pm
CamP wrote:
If Honda produced a CR300R to compete with the KTM 300, I would be the first in line to buy one.
I'd Pre-order
CR250Rider
3/1/2013 6:34pm
what? the old excuse ( the economy ) doesn't fly anymore... LOL
dcg141
3/1/2013 6:42pm
CamP wrote:
If Honda produced a CR300R to compete with the KTM 300, I would be the first in line to buy one.
CR250Rider wrote:
I'd Pre-order
I have listened to cross country riders say that for a decade now. Finally even the last of the hold outs are just going out and buying 300 XC's.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
3/1/2013 9:30pm
I am not trying to stir up any trouble but here is what happened to me: After having ridden 4 strokes for years I rode my...

We're you trying to say ignorant Mormons?
loftyair
3/1/2013 9:40pm
who says the 450 will smoke the 250t? I see the 250f with faster lap times than the 450 pretty often, and isn't the 250t a faster bike around the track than the 250f? The only way a modern 4-stroke is faster than a modern 2t would be is in a straight line, other than maybe the start, how often does that happen on a track? I enjoy both engine types, but I can go faster on a 2stroke, it is much more exciting too. I can do my utmost fastest and funnest lap times on a '13 ktm 250, with the 300cc cylinder on it. Since I am a vet, it is legal Smile
rosebud441
3/1/2013 10:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2013 10:23pm
"It's not just you man. I had pretty much declined from riding/racing every weekend through my teens into 20s to just riding once or twice a year the past few years. This past fall I got out my old 2002 RM125 and went to the track reluctantly because I had some friends that talked me into it. I had an absolute blast. Since then I have completely restored the 125 and bought 3 new sets of gear and have the bug worse than ever! That CRF450 just sits in the garage now. I have no intention of riding it ever again. I wish someone would buy it. I have been riding for about 20 years now and have had more fun the past few rides than I can ever remember as a kid. I rode a 2013 YZ250F and 2013 KTM-250SXF 2 weeks ago and care nothing for either one. I will stick to my "antique."

Thats awesome.. Thanks for reinforcing my logic these days..

I sort of worried i would be the only dude still riding/racing 2-strokes here locally at the tracks i frequent.. then this summer at a series of free practice days i found alot of the fast kids were on trick 125's and 250's and i was stoked to find myself chasing them around all summer.. Cannot wait for this riding season to break out a 05 125, i picked up this winter.. havent even ridden it yet..
CamP
3/1/2013 11:26pm
DrSweden wrote:

Skymx99 wrote:
It's not just you man. I had pretty much declined from riding/racing every weekend through my teens into 20s to just riding once or twice a...
It's not just you man. I had pretty much declined from riding/racing every weekend through my teens into 20s to just riding once or twice a year the past few years. This past fall I got out my old 2002 RM125 and went to the track reluctantly because I had some friends that talked me into it. I had an absolute blast. Since then I have completely restored the 125 and bought 3 new sets of gear and have the bug worse than ever! That CRF450 just sits in the garage now. I have no intention of riding it ever again. I wish someone would buy it. I have been riding for about 20 years now and have had more fun the past few rides than I can ever remember as a kid. I rode a 2013 YZ250F and 2013 KTM-250SXF 2 weeks ago and care nothing for either one. I will stick to my "antique."
I picked up a 07 CR250 last year and it's been so much fun that I parked my CRF450 too.
wardy
3/2/2013 12:00am
stated this before.

went to the first national Enduro in GA a few weeks ago. being a mx dude I was astounded at the "lack" of japanese machines.

simple to say, there were way more Husabergs then Hondas! in fact 10 hondas in a race with over 500+ entries. We had two of them.

Oh. and turds? not many of them either, can't say percentages, but less then 25% of the bikes were four strokes? and well over 350 of the bikes signed up..............KTM.

Been doing alot more off road racing with the kids. More ride time, safer (my opinion), and smokers aren't the red headed step child in those circles. Realize after mx racing since 1975, and over 30 years of pounding laps in the midwest the sport has some major issues.

The latest purchase fo Husky seems to me to be the fact that many missed here, they already have a DI smoker, and with the same people who have put KTM in the spot light, who doens't think that they won't do that with Husky?

Isn't KTm like 3rd only second to Yam and Honda? nipping at the yamaha heals? I can tell you KTM is the ONLY company today being aggressive with racing, sponsoring and the like in this area. Everyone else is trying to keep the doors open and new KTM's are friggin everywhere. Not to mention a TON of Huskys' being sold here in IL our of Halls.

I don't care what they do with four strokes, we have the right rules in place for AMAtuer Racing, but if ANY OEM wants to start offering CHOICES for thier customers, they will prosper.

When the going gets tuff like it has been the last 5 years, the company who steps up, steps forward, will go foward. SO FAR that company is KTM.

bet the rest are paying attention.

OH and remember Honda said they would NEVER pay contingency again? Well after 3 years of no contingency programs, they didn't like all the privateers on Suzukis and Yamahas...........guess they will change thier mind.

For me personally. I know AJ. (well) so the other OEM's can do what ever the fk they like. As long as AJ has a tig welder, and a parts bin with parts in it, my tribe will have two stroke motorcycles to ride. Smile That would Be Service HONDA by the way.

now if i can only convince the puba to build me an electric start 500.........i am old.
DrSweden
3/2/2013 1:18am
DrSweden wrote:

Skymx99 wrote:
It's not just you man. I had pretty much declined from riding/racing every weekend through my teens into 20s to just riding once or twice a...
Good story!
TeamGreen
3/2/2013 4:48am
MR300M

Made at the Honda-Thailand plant

Right beside the CRF250L

Use the existing 450R/250X/250L chassis/components/electrical (minimal R&D) Use CR250R/CRM/TRX designs for Engine Development (possible/probable R&D savings)

$5999

Yup

If only...

Post a reply to: 2014 honda rumor

The Latest