2014 YZ450 anyone?

Berguven
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2013 12:38pm
wonder if anyone has tried the new yammi yet?
Full report thanks!
How was the handeling and cornering compared to the other brands?
|
mxrose3
Fantasy
1046th
8/12/2013 8:22am
Berguven wrote:
wonder if anyone has tried the new yammi yet?
Full report thanks!
How was the handeling and cornering compared to the other brands?
My son just bought a new one after owning a 2008 YZ450 for several years. He loves it, but has only ridden a 2012 RMZ450 to compare it too. The suspension was setup kind of stiff for him since he is only 155 lbs, but otherwise he loves the handling and power of the bike. There are a few guys on Thumpertalk that have given good reviews of the bike also.
8/12/2013 12:31pm
I have one and love it. I can't comment on handling compared to other brands. I had a 2010 and loved it. The 2014 seems really good so far. I have about 12hrs so far on mine. The suspension it really stiff from the factory , which is good since I am 240 and halfway decent. After the first ride I put on a FMF slip-on on. I felt the bike flattened out in third and the slip on fix that. The airbox noise is way better on this round of production. Though changing the filter is easier , putting the airbox cover back on is a bitch sometimes. Changing the oil on this bike is by far the easiest since 2 stroke days.
My main complaint is nothing is available for it yet. Nothing...

Cycra has a cheap skidplate that works on it...
TeamGreen
8/12/2013 12:38pm
I have one and love it. I can't comment on handling compared to other brands. I had a 2010 and loved it. The 2014 seems really...
I have one and love it. I can't comment on handling compared to other brands. I had a 2010 and loved it. The 2014 seems really good so far. I have about 12hrs so far on mine. The suspension it really stiff from the factory , which is good since I am 240 and halfway decent. After the first ride I put on a FMF slip-on on. I felt the bike flattened out in third and the slip on fix that. The airbox noise is way better on this round of production. Though changing the filter is easier , putting the airbox cover back on is a bitch sometimes. Changing the oil on this bike is by far the easiest since 2 stroke days.
My main complaint is nothing is available for it yet. Nothing...

Cycra has a cheap skidplate that works on it...
Try FMFs header.

Post a reply to: 2014 YZ450 anyone?

The Latest