2014 Motocross Champion is..Barcia or Stewart?

Huevos
5/19/2014 3:05pm
peelout wrote:
the cool thing about racing is anything can happen. funny all the haters/fantards in here claiming that they know what will happen. stfu and watch the...
the cool thing about racing is anything can happen.

funny all the haters/fantards in here claiming that they know what will happen.

stfu and watch the races
It's called bench racing. If you don't like it, then I have no idea why you come on this board.
JordanB
5/19/2014 3:32pm
Tomac is going to miss how many rounds?
peelout
5/19/2014 3:49pm
peelout wrote:
the cool thing about racing is anything can happen. funny all the haters/fantards in here claiming that they know what will happen. stfu and watch the...
the cool thing about racing is anything can happen.

funny all the haters/fantards in here claiming that they know what will happen.

stfu and watch the races
Huevos wrote:
It's called bench racing. If you don't like it, then I have no idea why you come on this board.
claiming something as fact before it happens is not bench racing, it's called being a fanboy. there's plenty of bench racing in this thread which is good, but there's plenty of other fanboy shit too.

The Shop

jasonv43
5/19/2014 4:17pm
I know I haven't been on here in a while but when did Barcia become a title contender for outdoors?

Did Stewart, Dungey, & Reed get their knees operated on too just like RV? Maybe the Dr. was doing a 4 for 1 deal???
jasonv43
5/19/2014 4:19pm
What if Mookie beats Barcia? Will that BLOW your mind?

5/19/2014 4:33pm
Barcia on a factory KX or a JGR prepped Yamaha and only Stewart would have him covered. If Honda made improvements to the 2014 Honda Metcalfe...
Barcia on a factory KX or a JGR prepped Yamaha and only Stewart would have him covered. If Honda made improvements to the 2014 Honda Metcalfe, Reed and Roczen will be battling for 5th place. If anyone other than Stewart can run Barcia's pace outdoors it will be Dungey, Canard and Tomac. This Championship will be between Barcia and Stewart.
Huevos wrote:
Hey there, Mr. Confident. You willing to put your money where your mouth is? I will bet you any amount you want that Barcia will not...
Hey there, Mr. Confident. You willing to put your money where your mouth is? I will bet you any amount you want that Barcia will not beat Dungey this summer.
I'm confident that IF Honda made improvements over the 2013 bike then Barcia will have Dungey covered in the speed category. I agree with Reed that Barcia proved he has the most talent out of the group of up and coming 450f riders with the results he was able to accomplish in 2013 on what Reed thought was a shitty bike. Dungey is smooth and fast and consistently pulls good starts. Barcia has the talent to match and excess Dungey's speed. In regard to Stewart, he still amazes me with how he attacks a track. Unfortunately, Stewart likes to find out what his limitations are and that usually doesn't end well. RV kills it with corner speed. Barcia on a well prepped factory bike is more than Dungey's match. I'm confident that IF all the IF's fall in place Barcia will be the 2014 Motocross Champion. I don't bet.....I don't even enjoy gambling....How about it if you just accept my gloating?
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
5/19/2014 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 4:40pm
I'm confident that IF Honda made improvements over the 2013 bike then Barcia will have Dungey covered in the speed category. I agree with Reed that...
I'm confident that IF Honda made improvements over the 2013 bike then Barcia will have Dungey covered in the speed category. I agree with Reed that Barcia proved he has the most talent out of the group of up and coming 450f riders with the results he was able to accomplish in 2013 on what Reed thought was a shitty bike. Dungey is smooth and fast and consistently pulls good starts. Barcia has the talent to match and excess Dungey's speed. In regard to Stewart, he still amazes me with how he attacks a track. Unfortunately, Stewart likes to find out what his limitations are and that usually doesn't end well. RV kills it with corner speed. Barcia on a well prepped factory bike is more than Dungey's match. I'm confident that IF all the IF's fall in place Barcia will be the 2014 Motocross Champion. I don't bet.....I don't even enjoy gambling....How about it if you just accept my gloating?
Shit what about that up and coming rider Roczen winning 2 races on a bike with a steel frame!

Barcia will never ever be a match for RD outdoors...... stamp it
Outsider
5/19/2014 4:40pm
I'm confident that IF Honda made improvements over the 2013 bike then Barcia will have Dungey covered in the speed category. I agree with Reed that...
5/19/2014 4:46pm
Park Boys wrote:
Shit what about that up and coming rider Roczen winning 2 races on a bike with a steel frame! Barcia will never ever be a match...
Shit what about that up and coming rider Roczen winning 2 races on a bike with a steel frame!

Looked to me like Dungey was the #1 KTM sx rider this year. Roczen faded during the series and you can't blame fitness for that. It was great for Roczen to pick up a couple of SX wins in his rookie season on the 450f. He didn't have the speed to match Barcia in the end.....Looking forwards to the outdoors.

Flatliner
5/19/2014 5:06pm
So you feel a guy with no national titles will beat a rider who has two? And was a dnf away from three? I get your a fan and all but that's grasping.
stewie94
5/19/2014 5:15pm
Park Boys wrote:
Shit what about that up and coming rider Roczen winning 2 races on a bike with a steel frame! Barcia will never ever be a match...

Looked to me like Dungey was the #1 KTM sx rider this year. Roczen faded during the series and you can't blame fitness for that. It...
Looked to me like Dungey was the #1 KTM sx rider this year. Roczen faded during the series and you can't blame fitness for that. It was great for Roczen to pick up a couple of SX wins in his rookie season on the 450f. He didn't have the speed to match Barcia in the end.....Looking forwards to the outdoors.

to be quite honest , to me in the 2nd half of the season , towards mid end , dungey didnt look or ride like the normal dungey
5/19/2014 5:22pm
BobPA wrote:
He beat Tomac in his last season on 250's...but you forgot about that
visser62 wrote:
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much...
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much better Tomac was than Barcia all year.
BobPA wrote:
Numbers don't lie..
Your numbers do. When Tomac and Barcia last squared off outdoors, Barcia was in his 4th pro season and Tomac his 3rd.

Let's see what Barcia was up to his 3rd year as a pro...

1st - Dean Wilson 538
3rd - Blake Baggett 469
4th - Eli Tomac 314 / 7 podiums
12th - Justin Barcia 181 / 2 podiums
5/19/2014 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 5:34pm
stewie94 wrote:
to be quite honest , to me in the 2nd half of the season , towards mid end , dungey didnt look or ride like the...
to be quite honest , to me in the 2nd half of the season , towards mid end , dungey didnt look or ride like the normal dungey
Looked pretty normal to me.

Podiums before Daytona: 5 in 9 races
Podiums after Daytona: 5 in 8 races

EDIT: DING, DING, DING, post no. 1000. You're welcome, Vital.
stewie94
5/19/2014 5:37pm
stewie94 wrote:
to be quite honest , to me in the 2nd half of the season , towards mid end , dungey didnt look or ride like the...
Looked pretty normal to me. Podiums before Daytona: 5 in 9 races Podiums after Daytona: 5 in 8 races [b]EDIT: DING, DING, DING, post no. 1000...
Looked pretty normal to me.

Podiums before Daytona: 5 in 9 races
Podiums after Daytona: 5 in 8 races

EDIT: DING, DING, DING, post no. 1000. You're welcome, Vital.
idk....... to me he looked kinda off for a couple races then picked it back up a notch or so
5/19/2014 5:43pm
Your numbers do. When Tomac and Barcia last squared off outdoors, Barcia was in his 4th pro season and Tomac his 3rd. Let's see what Barcia...
Your numbers do. When Tomac and Barcia last squared off outdoors, Barcia was in his 4th pro season and Tomac his 3rd.

Let's see what Barcia was up to his 3rd year as a pro...

1st - Dean Wilson 538
3rd - Blake Baggett 469
4th - Eli Tomac 314 / 7 podiums
12th - Justin Barcia 181 / 2 podiums
250f numbers are good reference points. My opinion is that Tomac is the best 250f outdoor rider out of this group. Barcia wasn't known for having any outdoor strength and Pourcel could eat him alive. Now it's 2014 and where is Wilson, Baggett and Pourcel? I believe Tomac will be the most dominant outdoor rider in 2-3 years. What I like about Barcia is that he has made tremendous improvements racing outdoors and he is an all around great 450f SX and MX rider.
Huevos
5/19/2014 6:11pm
I'll bet you avatars that Dungey beats Barcia hands down this summer. Dungey wins, I decide what picture you run as your avatar. Barcia beats Dungey, you can choose for me.

I understand the no gambling thing, but very little of what you say has any merit whatsoever. Where did Barcia finish in points this year in supercross? Where did Dungey? What was Barcias best finish? What was Dungey's? What were their average finishes? What about all those questions for the nationals last summer? Barcia has yet to prove that he can even consistently run up front. Anytime he's up front, it's a flash of brilliance that isn't usually followed up by another. It is so normal for Dungey to run up front outdoors it's not even the slightest bit surprising when he wins a national. When Barcia wins, it's a huge surprise. It's just insane to me that you could actually gloat about Barcia being better than Dungey when it's never happened.
5/19/2014 6:40pm
OK...I'll bet avatars. What do you say to 3 months duration? I can already see a NY Yankee avatar heading your way.
Huckster
5/19/2014 6:51pm
visser62 wrote:
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much...
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much better Tomac was than Barcia all year.
BobPA wrote:
Numbers don't lie..
mx 219 wrote:
I didnt mention Tomac at all...I think he will beat Barcia, if they both raced every round and Tomac wasnt coming back from an injury. But...
I didnt mention Tomac at all...I think he will beat Barcia, if they both raced every round and Tomac wasnt coming back from an injury. But I didnt mention Tomac at all in the post you quoted, so Im not sure why you brought it up.

Yes, Barcia did beat Tomac, thanks to Tomac getting 14th in the last moto and Barcia winning. He beat Tomac by 12 pts which he made up 18 on the last moto.

The numbers dont lie Barcia had 5 moto wins, Tomac had 8. Barcia had 2 o/a wins Tomac had 4 wins. Im with visser on this one, Tomac outrode Barcia the whole series and only lost 2nd in the championship because he was exhausted after trying to track down Baggett in the first moto at Elsinore. After all he did have a chance at the title with some luck.
So basically what you're saying is that the last moto doesn't matter? They split moto's with each finishing ahead of the other in 12 of the 24 motos. Justin had horrible first moto's at the wick and dilla at back to back races scoring only 14 pts in each. Tomac only had 2 motos where he scored less than 14pts. Yes he won 8 motos and Justin only won 5, but the bottom line is the series is 24 motos and in the end Justin beat him by 12 points. Justin finished 2nd in 9 motos and 3rd in 4. He was on the podium 18 of 24 motos. Eli was on for 17 of the 24. Eli blowing up in moto 2 at Lake Elsnore is on him and does not take away from the Justin's accomplishment and the fact that he finished 2nd overall.
visser62
5/19/2014 7:44pm
wired4speed, you said that in the end Roczen couldn't match Barcia in supercross this year. Roczen finished higher in points and had two wins to Barcia with no wins!
Huevos
5/19/2014 7:51pm
Huckster wrote:
So basically what you're saying is that the last moto doesn't matter? They split moto's with each finishing ahead of the other in 12 of the...
So basically what you're saying is that the last moto doesn't matter? They split moto's with each finishing ahead of the other in 12 of the 24 motos. Justin had horrible first moto's at the wick and dilla at back to back races scoring only 14 pts in each. Tomac only had 2 motos where he scored less than 14pts. Yes he won 8 motos and Justin only won 5, but the bottom line is the series is 24 motos and in the end Justin beat him by 12 points. Justin finished 2nd in 9 motos and 3rd in 4. He was on the podium 18 of 24 motos. Eli was on for 17 of the 24. Eli blowing up in moto 2 at Lake Elsnore is on him and does not take away from the Justin's accomplishment and the fact that he finished 2nd overall.
Had Tomac not had a chance to win the title, he wouldn't have killed himself in moto 1 trying to catch Baggett. I know it's 24 motos, but Tomac raced for the championship in Moto 1 and came up short. Had he really just tried to secure 2nd place, I'm pretty sure he could have done that easily. He fried himself going for the win. Had he just settled for second, he probably would have been able to do what he did most of the summer and beat Barcia
jamma10
5/20/2014 3:43am
Looked to me like Dungey was the #1 KTM sx rider this year. Roczen faded during the series and you can't blame fitness for that. It...

1. Roczen may have very well beaten Dungey in points had a rock not got stuck in his chain in Detroit.

2. Roczen beat Barcia in Vegas... the last round of the series.

His slight dip in form came directly after suffering his second DNF in three weeks, which would probably have knocked the wind out of most riders sails had they been sitting in 2nd place in the series until that point.
5/20/2014 4:19am

jamma10 wrote:
1. Roczen may have very well beaten Dungey in points had a rock not got stuck in his chain in Detroit. 2. Roczen beat Barcia in...
1. Roczen may have very well beaten Dungey in points had a rock not got stuck in his chain in Detroit.

2. Roczen beat Barcia in Vegas... the last round of the series.

His slight dip in form came directly after suffering his second DNF in three weeks, which would probably have knocked the wind out of most riders sails had they been sitting in 2nd place in the series until that point.
roczen did really well for his first season in 450 supercross- outdoors has always been his strong point though. I think kenny will be a championship contender outdoors and win a few races. Barcia will be 5th-10th most of the season outdoors in my opinion
RangerLee
5/20/2014 4:38am
I think it is great in comments about if the bike made improvements then Barcia will have Dungey covered, yet Dungey is so easily dismissed even though the guy went to a team with a whole new, not a new year bike, a brand spaking new bike that was never raced before. He did that and pulled results on a bike that did not have a history of race experience to make improvements on. Perhaps the rider, along with a good bike is the difference?

Assuming all stay healthy, this season is between Stewart and Dungey.
Huckster
5/20/2014 5:07am
Huevos wrote:
Had Tomac not had a chance to win the title, he wouldn't have killed himself in moto 1 trying to catch Baggett. I know it's 24...
Had Tomac not had a chance to win the title, he wouldn't have killed himself in moto 1 trying to catch Baggett. I know it's 24 motos, but Tomac raced for the championship in Moto 1 and came up short. Had he really just tried to secure 2nd place, I'm pretty sure he could have done that easily. He fried himself going for the win. Had he just settled for second, he probably would have been able to do what he did most of the summer and beat Barcia
He didnt beat Barcia most of the summer. Did you not read the part about head to head they each won 12 moto's? Yes, Tomac did win more overalls but they each beat the other 12 out of the 24 motos so I am not really understanding your logic. Was Tomac not racing for the Championship in the other 22 motos?

Tomac is a great rider, but strip away the bias, look at the results head to head and it tells the real story. Not to mention their respective 450Sx results this year. I don't think either will win the 450 title outdoors this year but to try to say that Tomac out rode Justin in the 2012 outdoors simply is not true. The only way to truly compare riders is by results in a series where they went head to head on the same tracks on the same day. Trying to compare rookie season to rookie season,alt.etc. is not nearly as accurate an indicator as Head to head IMHO.
Flip109
5/20/2014 6:17am
I think by the halfway point in this series Dunge will have this championship under control.
bdub
5/20/2014 7:10am
As a fan of Barcia it sucks to see all the hate brought upon him from his delusional fanboys spouting nonsense. Do I think he has a shot? Absolutely, but to say he is a favorite over The Dung is just illogical IMO.
My heart wants to see Stew win one more title before he hangs them up, but if I had to throw some money on it, the Diesel is the pick.
5/20/2014 12:06pm
visser62 wrote:
wired4speed, you said that in the end Roczen couldn't match Barcia in supercross this year. Roczen finished higher in points and had two wins to Barcia...
wired4speed, you said that in the end Roczen couldn't match Barcia in supercross this year. Roczen finished higher in points and had two wins to Barcia with no wins!
Roczen had a great rookie 450f sx season. Barcia didn't have consistent starts and his DNF's set him back. In the end, Roczen didn't match up to Barcia's sx speed. Roczen will only get better. I still think the 2013 Factory Honda was a piece of shit on outdoor tracks. Reed looked like a 7th place rider at best. He switches to Kawi and lights up the SX tracks. I don't believe Roczen can run with Barcia all season long in only his first season on a 450f. We'll see........
Huevos
5/20/2014 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/20/2014 1:18pm
Roczen had a great rookie 450f sx season. Barcia didn't have consistent starts and his DNF's set him back. In the end, Roczen didn't match up...
Roczen had a great rookie 450f sx season. Barcia didn't have consistent starts and his DNF's set him back. In the end, Roczen didn't match up to Barcia's sx speed. Roczen will only get better. I still think the 2013 Factory Honda was a piece of shit on outdoor tracks. Reed looked like a 7th place rider at best. He switches to Kawi and lights up the SX tracks. I don't believe Roczen can run with Barcia all season long in only his first season on a 450f. We'll see........
So best performances of the season and overall performance of the season mean nothing? Roczen won two races while Barcia didn't win any, and Roczen finished ahead in points. Yet, you think Barcia was better? Okay. You're insane.

The truth is, IN THE END OF THE SEASON, Roczen beat Barcia handily. Barcia didn't match up to Roczen.
Huevos
5/20/2014 1:15pm
Huckster wrote:
He didnt beat Barcia most of the summer. Did you not read the part about head to head they each won 12 moto's? Yes, Tomac did...
He didnt beat Barcia most of the summer. Did you not read the part about head to head they each won 12 moto's? Yes, Tomac did win more overalls but they each beat the other 12 out of the 24 motos so I am not really understanding your logic. Was Tomac not racing for the Championship in the other 22 motos?

Tomac is a great rider, but strip away the bias, look at the results head to head and it tells the real story. Not to mention their respective 450Sx results this year. I don't think either will win the 450 title outdoors this year but to try to say that Tomac out rode Justin in the 2012 outdoors simply is not true. The only way to truly compare riders is by results in a series where they went head to head on the same tracks on the same day. Trying to compare rookie season to rookie season,alt.etc. is not nearly as accurate an indicator as Head to head IMHO.
Tomac had a reasonable shot at the championship at the last round while Barcia didn't, so Tomac went for it. I think if Tomac wanted to settle for second in points at Lake Elsinore, he could have easily done it. He went for the win, didn't make it happen, and went home. I see your side, but for you to disregard the scenario that took place at Lake Elsinore is bias.

Post a reply to: 2014 Motocross Champion is..Barcia or Stewart?

The Latest