2014 Motocross Champion is..Barcia or Stewart?

5/18/2014 9:59pm
Dungey.

Stew better hire a cashier this season. All the yard sales he's gonna have he'll need some help ringing people upWink
Lucifa.
5/18/2014 10:19pm
These posts show who are fanbois and who's actually raced a dirt bike.
theToothPerry
5/18/2014 11:59pm
pilotdude wrote:
Remember last year when Villopoto was 30 seconds ahead of Dungey and Dungey was 30 seconds ahead of everyone else?

Yeah.
machine wrote:
Sho Nuf....
Remember Dungey only won one supercross race this year when all the top guys were on the ground in the first corner? Yeah. To say hes the man to beat is kinda far fetched.

The Shop

Huevos
5/19/2014 12:03am
Remember Dungey only won one supercross race this year when all the top guys were on the ground in the first corner? Yeah. To say hes...
Remember Dungey only won one supercross race this year when all the top guys were on the ground in the first corner? Yeah. To say hes the man to beat is kinda far fetched.
He also only won one sx race in 2011, before coming one mechanical failure away from winning the outdoor championship. Dungey has always been more of a threat outdoors than indoors.
theToothPerry
5/19/2014 12:05am
Huevos wrote:
He also only won one sx race in 2011, before coming one mechanical failure away from winning the outdoor championship. Dungey has always been more of...
He also only won one sx race in 2011, before coming one mechanical failure away from winning the outdoor championship. Dungey has always been more of a threat outdoors than indoors.
I agree but consistency wont be the key this summer i feel like, there are too many guys to beat to just play it safe every moto.
Huevos
5/19/2014 12:25am
I agree but consistency wont be the key this summer i feel like, there are too many guys to beat to just play it safe every...
I agree but consistency wont be the key this summer i feel like, there are too many guys to beat to just play it safe every moto.
Who are these "too many guys" that you're not convinced Dungey can handle? Roczen is the only new addition to the 450 field this year. How many times did Stewart, Barcia, and Canard beat Dungey last year?

Also, consistency will absolutely be key, especially when his main competition is Stewart, who isn't exactly known for consistency. Stewart may be fastest, but he'll likely take himself out of contention with a few bad crashes/motos. Roczen may hang tough all summer since he's training with Aldon, but I think it's safer to bet on the 2-time champ. Is there really another rider you'd feel more comfortable betting your money on than Dungey? As for me, no way man.
theToothPerry
5/19/2014 12:28am
Huevos wrote:
Who are these "too many guys" that you're not convinced Dungey can handle? Roczen is the only new addition to the 450 field this year. How...
Who are these "too many guys" that you're not convinced Dungey can handle? Roczen is the only new addition to the 450 field this year. How many times did Stewart, Barcia, and Canard beat Dungey last year?

Also, consistency will absolutely be key, especially when his main competition is Stewart, who isn't exactly known for consistency. Stewart may be fastest, but he'll likely take himself out of contention with a few bad crashes/motos. Roczen may hang tough all summer since he's training with Aldon, but I think it's safer to bet on the 2-time champ. Is there really another rider you'd feel more comfortable betting your money on than Dungey? As for me, no way man.
Maybe we didnt watch the same supercross season, but Stewart crashed once this season so far. If not for bad luck hed have none at all. I think hes the guy to beat,but i also believe Roczen will beat Dungey many times like he did in supercross and if Tomac was healthy i wouldve said the same for him as well. Canard had a couple races last year. Hell be much better this year.
Huevos
5/19/2014 12:44am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 12:54am
Maybe we didnt watch the same supercross season, but Stewart crashed once this season so far. If not for bad luck hed have none at all...
Maybe we didnt watch the same supercross season, but Stewart crashed once this season so far. If not for bad luck hed have none at all. I think hes the guy to beat,but i also believe Roczen will beat Dungey many times like he did in supercross and if Tomac was healthy i wouldve said the same for him as well. Canard had a couple races last year. Hell be much better this year.
We definitely watched different seasons, mate. Stewart crashed more than one time. A1 he crashed out. I think it was Atlanta where he was leading first lap and went down and got up last, finished around top 10. New York dabbed his knee and pulled off. Maybe wasn't a crash, but he still DNF'd, same thing essentially.

I fully expect Roczen to win motos and a few overalls. But Dungey will finish on the box more than anyone else. His consistency will pull him ahead of Roczen in points. You know, kind of like the supercross season this year.... Whistling

I expect big things from Tomac within the next few years, but as of now, no. Canard has a consistency issue, as well as an issue of staying healthy.

Also, since 2008, who has ever finished in front of Dungey outdoors in the class in which he competed? RV. That's it. In the course of those years Dungey has raced Stewart, Reed, Canard, and Barcia. None of them have managed to finish ahead of Dungey, with the exception of Mr. Villopoto.
jamma10
5/19/2014 1:09am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 1:10am
JordanB wrote:
Tomac could be a sleeper.
I question Barcias seriousness and fitness.
He looks kinda emo, easily rattled, especially by guys like Peick.
'I question Barcias seriousness and fitness.'

Huh?

You've just been telling everyone in the PED thread that these guys don't need to be fit to race 30+2, so why would you worry about Barcias fitness? Make your mind up.
jamma10
5/19/2014 1:18am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 1:24am
Rooster wrote:
If Reed is healthy, he will win the championship. The only two guys who can stick with him are Stewart and Dungey, but Dungey will ride...
If Reed is healthy, he will win the championship.

The only two guys who can stick with him are Stewart and Dungey, but Dungey will ride to a safe second place and Stewart will crash too many times.

Roczen is the wild card, but can he hang all season long at the pace they're running?
JordanB wrote:
He couldnt last 15 minutes in 60 degree cool nights for half of 17 weeks without burning out and the series wearing him out I dont...
He couldnt last 15 minutes in 60 degree cool nights for half of 17 weeks without burning out and the series wearing him out

I dont understand how a 20 year old gets tired doing that.
His average finish over all seventeen rounds was 3.3 (20/18pts). He finished 5th in New York, 3rd at Vegas and came 3rd overall in his rookie year! If thats struggling towards the end of the season I presume the other 18-19 riders must have been fucked...!
5/19/2014 1:18am
Remember Dungey only won one supercross race this year when all the top guys were on the ground in the first corner? Yeah. To say hes...
Dungey finished second in the championship,you know?People who think he wouldn't be the challenger #1 ,go back and rewatch the last outdoor seasons.At the end of the season he will be on top of the box.Smile
er0ck33
5/19/2014 5:20am
I'm really looking forward to watching Tomac, but I think stewart, dungey and reed will be on the box consistently.
BobPA
5/19/2014 8:20am
mx 219 wrote:
dude you are out of your mind. Barcia wont even get 3rd in the series unless some combination of Dungey, Stewart, Roczen, Reed and Canard get...
dude you are out of your mind. Barcia wont even get 3rd in the series unless some combination of Dungey, Stewart, Roczen, Reed and Canard get injured.

I think Metcalfe will even beat Barcia.

Barcia does not have it outdoors, he never has. I realize you are a fan of Barcias but you're not thinking logically if you think he will win the title.

Im going Reed or Dungey, with Dungey getting the upperhand right now. Stewart will be fast but crash a few too many times.
He beat Tomac in his last season on 250's...but you forgot about that
Huckster
5/19/2014 8:24am
mx 219 wrote:
dude you are out of your mind. Barcia wont even get 3rd in the series unless some combination of Dungey, Stewart, Roczen, Reed and Canard get...
dude you are out of your mind. Barcia wont even get 3rd in the series unless some combination of Dungey, Stewart, Roczen, Reed and Canard get injured.

I think Metcalfe will even beat Barcia.

Barcia does not have it outdoors, he never has. I realize you are a fan of Barcias but you're not thinking logically if you think he will win the title.

Im going Reed or Dungey, with Dungey getting the upperhand right now. Stewart will be fast but crash a few too many times.
BobPA wrote:
he beat Tomac and Roczen but everyone forgets that. Canard hasn't finished a series on a 450. I think Justin has the talent to win, but I think him winning the title this season is a long shot and that is not because of his skill level nor desire.
jamma10
5/19/2014 8:36am
Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Barcia were to come out and win Glen Helen.

How anyone can say that "Barcia does not have it outdoors" is beyond me.
5/19/2014 8:41am
Barcia is going to have to work hard to get that JGR bike set up right for the nationals.
visser62
5/19/2014 8:56am
BobPA wrote:
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much better Tomac was than Barcia all year.
BobPA
5/19/2014 9:08am
BobPA wrote:
visser62 wrote:
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much...
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much better Tomac was than Barcia all year.
Numbers don't lie..
5/19/2014 9:29am
Barcia and Roczen have some unfinished business. Should be a good outdoor season. Hopefully some Euros on break will come over here and race.
mom241
5/19/2014 9:43am
Huckster wrote:
he beat Tomac and Roczen but everyone forgets that. Canard hasn't finished a series on a 450. I think Justin has the talent to win, but...
he beat Tomac and Roczen but everyone forgets that. Canard hasn't finished a series on a 450. I think Justin has the talent to win, but I think him winning the title this season is a long shot and that is not because of his skill level nor desire.
Um, yeah he has.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
5/19/2014 9:45am
Barcia is going to have to work hard to get that JGR bike set up right for the nationals. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/05/19/54245/s1200_Barcia_Yamaha_620x620.jpg[/img]
Barcia is going to have to work hard to get that JGR bike set up right for the nationals.
Barcia
kawasa84
5/19/2014 9:54am
I think Tomac is the sleeper in this series.
My money is on the last guy that went 24-0 racing the outdoors.
Is that guy racing in 2014?
jamma10
5/19/2014 9:55am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2014 9:55am
kawasa84 wrote:
I think Tomac is the sleeper in this series. My money is on the last guy that went 24-0 racing the outdoors. Is that guy racing...
I think Tomac is the sleeper in this series.
My money is on the last guy that went 24-0 racing the outdoors.
Is that guy racing in 2014?
He certainly would be if he wasn't missing the first few rounds.

(Tomac that is)
Mouse153
5/19/2014 9:55am
GuyB wrote:
The guy with the most points at the end of the season in the champion. There are 24 motos to go. It's way too early to...
The guy with the most points at the end of the season in the champion. There are 24 motos to go. It's way too early to hand out a championship title.
Total buzz kill...
Huckster
5/19/2014 10:19am
Huckster wrote:
he beat Tomac and Roczen but everyone forgets that. Canard hasn't finished a series on a 450. I think Justin has the talent to win, but...
mom241 wrote:
Um, yeah he has.
has he? I apologize if that is incorrect. I love Trey and think he is a great rider/kid but he has been hurt so much since his 250F title. I give him a ton of credit for always coming back. That wasn't a shot at him but more of a statement how certain riders are given breaks while others are always ridiculed regardless of how the results speak.
Uncleof2
5/19/2014 10:37am Edited Date/Time 5/20/2014 7:38am
Huckster wrote:
mom241 wrote:
Um, yeah he has.
I'll be rootin for TC41 this summer, Ginger and Jesus, a great combo. He's due for things to go his way.Woohoo Go TC41
KlootZak
5/19/2014 10:39am
Grizz wrote:
Please tell me what's wrong with the 2014 CRF450R.
It may not look it but It's basically the same bike as the Yamaha YZF450 from '10 Whistling
peelout
5/19/2014 10:48am
the cool thing about racing is anything can happen.

funny all the haters/fantards in here claiming that they know what will happen.

stfu and watch the races
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
5/19/2014 2:20pm
BobPA wrote:
visser62 wrote:
He beat Tomac for second in the end (with a lot of bad luck/starts from Tomac), but anyone who was watching could obviously see how much...
BobPA wrote:
Numbers don't lie..
I didnt mention Tomac at all...I think he will beat Barcia, if they both raced every round and Tomac wasnt coming back from an injury. But I didnt mention Tomac at all in the post you quoted, so Im not sure why you brought it up.

Yes, Barcia did beat Tomac, thanks to Tomac getting 14th in the last moto and Barcia winning. He beat Tomac by 12 pts which he made up 18 on the last moto.

The numbers dont lie Barcia had 5 moto wins, Tomac had 8. Barcia had 2 o/a wins Tomac had 4 wins. Im with visser on this one, Tomac outrode Barcia the whole series and only lost 2nd in the championship because he was exhausted after trying to track down Baggett in the first moto at Elsinore. After all he did have a chance at the title with some luck.

Post a reply to: 2014 Motocross Champion is..Barcia or Stewart?

The Latest