2013 RMZ250 computer recall?

Agfracing
Edited Date/Time 5/1/2015 11:34am
Ok, so I have a 2013 rmz250 I bought brand new. About six months after I bought it (picked the bike up in march of '13) the delaership called me and said there was a recall on the 2013 ECU. They told me to bring my bike in and they would swap it out. I dont trust them to touch the bike so I told them I would bring just the computer in and swap it. One of the guys from the delaership actually live near me (dealership is 45 mins away) so they sent him with the computer and I met him and traded computers. the new ECU had paperwork in the box saying it was a 2014 ecu and the price was on there but it was discounted down to $0. I swapped them and put it in my bike and enver thought about it. I searched inkline and didnt find anything about it.

My buddy is looking at buying a bike and has talked to several people about buying a used '13 rmz 250. Hes asked them all about the computer and not a single person has heard of this. Just curious if something weird went on or what since nobdy seems aware of this.
|
wwoberg
5/1/2015 9:08am
I bought a new 13 in 14 and yes, the dealer did the switch for me before he sold me the bike.
Agfracing
5/1/2015 9:17am
wwoberg wrote:
I bought a new 13 in 14 and yes, the dealer did the switch for me before he sold me the bike.
Thanks for the response. Wasnt sure if something weird went on or not since I couldnt find any info about it or anyone else who had this happen.
Tracktor
5/1/2015 10:09am
IT supposedly had to do with a hard starting condition and kickback that was breaking kickstart gears? I just bought a used one & it definitely is tougher to start than my CRF but runs great otherwise. Not sure how to track if the ECU has been upgraded. All the research I did showed many were unaware of the recall.............
5/1/2015 10:27am
Tracktor wrote:
IT supposedly had to do with a hard starting condition and kickback that was breaking kickstart gears? I just bought a used one & it definitely...
IT supposedly had to do with a hard starting condition and kickback that was breaking kickstart gears? I just bought a used one & it definitely is tougher to start than my CRF but runs great otherwise. Not sure how to track if the ECU has been upgraded. All the research I did showed many were unaware of the recall.............
Call a local dealership and see if they can run a VIN check on your bike. Also, the part numbers are likely different and on something electrical, probably stamped on the part itself somewhere. If a VIN check doesn't answer your questions, cross check the part numbers.

The Shop

Tracktor
5/1/2015 11:34am
Tracktor wrote:
IT supposedly had to do with a hard starting condition and kickback that was breaking kickstart gears? I just bought a used one & it definitely...
Call a local dealership and see if they can run a VIN check on your bike. Also, the part numbers are likely different and on something...
Call a local dealership and see if they can run a VIN check on your bike. Also, the part numbers are likely different and on something electrical, probably stamped on the part itself somewhere. If a VIN check doesn't answer your questions, cross check the part numbers.
That's been the most helpful answer I have received through all this. Thanks, Jared............

Post a reply to: 2013 RMZ250 computer recall?

The Latest