2013 Monster Energy Supercross Schedule Announced

PR
Edited Date/Time 5/5/2012 6:42am
2013 Monster Energy Supercross Schedule Announced
Entire Season Goes On-sale Monday, Exclusively to the Cross-Club

AURORA, Ill. (May 4, 2012) – Feld Motor Sports® announced today the 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, schedule for the world’s premier indoor, off-road motorcycle racing circuit. The championship will once again feature a 17-race season, visiting the country’s most recognizable stadiums in 10 different states, in addition to an international stop in Canada’s largest city, Toronto.

Cross Club members will have the exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets on May 7-8. Following the Cross Club opportunity a Ticketmaster pre-sale will take place on May 9-10 before going on-sale nationally on May 11. Joining the Cross Club is free and can be done by clicking here: http://www.supercrossonline.com/crossclub/. Cross Club member will receive an exclusive email before the Cross Club on sale on Monday, May 7 with on-sale information including presale codes for purchasing tickets online.

“The 2013 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, schedule will once again showcase what will arguably be the sport’s deepest field ever inside the world’s premier stadiums,” said Charlie Mancuso, President, Feld Motor Sports. “After reaching milestones in 2012, with sell-outs at the two races at Angel Stadium and the Georgia Dome, Monster Energy Supercross also posted record numbers at the Edward Jones Dome and the tour is on pace to garner the highest attendance figures in the sport’s history. This success clearly identifies that the growing popularity of the sport and will serve as a springboard for 2013. From returning veterans like Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey, James Stewart and Chad Reed to Supercross Class rookie Justin Barcia, who will make his premier class debut, fans will be treated to an epic season to look forward to in 2013. Cross Club Members should take advantage of the May 7-8 exclusive on-sale date to ensure they have the best seats for this highly anticipated season.”

"In 2012, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, has delivered competitive racing, several surprises and superlative highs, culminating with Ryan Villopoto's successful defense of his AMA No. 1 plate," said AMA President and CEO Rob Dingman. "We are looking forward to working with Feld Motor Sports to produce another brilliant year of racing, and the 2013 schedule is perfectly suited to showcase what has become the most fan-friendly stadium-based motorsport event in the world. For many amateur racers around the country, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, represents the pinnacle of their professional dreams, and we're proud of our work with Feld Motor Sports to elevate this professional championship, as well as our support of the AMA-sanctioned amateur competition that will get them there."

"I had the pleasure of attending the Houston race of the 2012 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, and can easily understand why this championship keeps the many fans around the world thrilled," said FIM President Mr Vito Ippolito. "Monster Energy Supercross offers great entertainment and top sport to all its aficionados. Ryan Villopoto was the dominant rider this year and has secured the championship at an early stage this season. But it did not stop the fans from attending the remaining races. This says it all about the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship. A total of 17 races are on next year's calendar that will start off again in Anaheim on January 5, 2013. Save the date!"

For the 22nd time in four decades of competition, Angel Stadium, in Anaheim, Calif., will serve as the site of the opening race of the 2013 Monster Energy Supercross season. The proverbial home of supercross will host two of the 17 races, on January 5 and February 2, signifying the first and fifth stops, respectively.

The most significant change for the 2013 Monster Energy Supercross season is the championship’s return to the legendary Metrodome in Minneapolis, ending a four-year hiatus from the venue. The home of the NFL’s Minnesota Vikings has been a staple of Monster Energy Supercross, and with the emergence Belle Plaine’s Ryan Dungey in recent years, will surely be one of the most popular stops on the schedule.

In total, the 2013 Monster Energy Supercross Championship will challenge the world’s best riders with 17 races over the span of 18 weeks. The schedule will run through all but one weekend in January, February, March, and April, before coming to a dramatic conclusion the first weekend in May inside Las Vegas’ Sam Boyd Stadium, where three champions will be crowned across the Supercross Class, Supercross Lites Western Regional Class, and Supercross Lites Eastern Regional Class.

In addition to the aforementioned stops, Monster Energy Supercross will make stops at familiar cities such as Phoenix (1/12), Los Angeles (1/19), Oakland (1/26), San Diego (2/9), Arlington (2/16), Atlanta (2/23), St. Louis (3/2), Indianapolis (3/16), Toronto (3/23), Houston (4/6), Seattle (4/20), and Salt Lake City (4/27).

Following his historic title run in 2012, back-to-back champion Ryan Villopoto will lead the field into action aboard his Monster Energy Kawasaki, fending off the likes of former champions Ryan Dungey, James Stewart, and Chad Reed, along with past race winners Kevin Windham, Trey Canard, Davi Millsaps, and more.

Date Venue City
January 5 Angel Stadium Anaheim, Calif.
January 12 Chase Field Phoenix
January 19 Dodger Stadium Los Angeles
January 26 O.Co Coliseum Oakland, Calif.
February 2 Angel Stadium Anaheim, Calif.
February 9 Qualcomm Stadium San Diego
February 16 Cowboys Stadium Arlington, Texas
February 23 Georgia Dome Atlanta
March 2 Edward Jones Dome St. Louis
*March 9 Daytona International Speedway Daytona Beach, Fla.
March 16 Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis
March 23 Rogers Centre Toronto
April 6 Reliant Stadium Houston
April 13 Metrodome Minneapolis
April 20 CenturyLink Field Seattle
April 27 Rice-Eccles Stadium Salt Lake City
May 4 Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas

*Not a Feld Motor Sports Race

For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log on to www.SupercrossOnline.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross. To follow Monster Energy Supercross on Facebook and Twitter, log on to http://www.facebook.com/supercrosslive and http://twitter.com/supercrosslive.
|
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
5/4/2012 10:18am
dboivin wrote:
at least MN got a stop.
Hell yeah.....coming back to Mn....
SethGator
5/4/2012 10:27am
wow, new orleans come and gone that fast.
MT MX
5/4/2012 10:31am
dboivin wrote:
at least MN got a stop.
Is Minneapolis a good town? I know that sounds stupid, but I've never really been there except the airport. I guess I'm asking does it rank right up there with Detroit? Ya know, places not to put in the bucket list?
I might consider flying out to go to that one.

The Shop

hasko158
5/4/2012 10:33am
Northeast is FINALLY getting a SX in 2014, wonder what stadium as there are no closed football or baseball stadiums.
dboivin
5/4/2012 10:42am
dboivin wrote:
at least MN got a stop.
MT MX wrote:
Is Minneapolis a good town? I know that sounds stupid, but I've never really been there except the airport. I guess I'm asking does it rank...
Is Minneapolis a good town? I know that sounds stupid, but I've never really been there except the airport. I guess I'm asking does it rank right up there with Detroit? Ya know, places not to put in the bucket list?
minni is pretty good town. should get a good draw as MN is heavily populated...and some good moto goes on there. plus its dome right?
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/4/2012 10:48am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2012 10:49am
Man, NOLA is nixed!!!!! Four for Cali?!!!!! Angry
kardy
5/4/2012 10:53am
hasko158 wrote:
Northeast is FINALLY getting a SX in 2014, wonder what stadium as there are no closed football or baseball stadiums.
Where does it say that?
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/4/2012 11:04am Edited Date/Time 5/4/2012 11:04am
Oh yeah, missed San Diego.
hasko158
5/4/2012 11:09am
hasko158 wrote:
kardy wrote:
Where does it say that?
Guy B said it on Facebook.
LowPsi
5/4/2012 11:37am
dboivin wrote:
at least MN got a stop.
MT MX wrote:
Is Minneapolis a good town? I know that sounds stupid, but I've never really been there except the airport. I guess I'm asking does it rank...
Minneapolis is one the best cities in the US. Great downtown.
mx5471
5/4/2012 12:00pm
Already got my Daytona Supercross tickets. They went on sale today.
5/4/2012 2:41pm
A NE race could be feasible if it was in April, I think. Otherwise, you might as well be racing in Siberia.
Rupert X
5/4/2012 4:33pm
Can't believe Dover, Delaware and Rehoboth Beach in Jersey got the stiff arm - again.
PRM31
5/4/2012 4:36pm
Northeast...Where? That's a pretty big area. Can anyone narrow that down?
Paul333
5/5/2012 6:42am
hasko158 wrote:
Says who?

I think it's a bad joke that the NE or South-East does not get one now.

Post a reply to: 2013 Monster Energy Supercross Schedule Announced

The Latest