2013 CRF450R Issue

ChrisW1212
12/29/2018 6:17am
Morning Everyone.....turning to the experts here.

2013 CRF450R with 80 hours, meticulously maintained and no issues since new.

New piston / Cam chain about 6 hours ago / valves perfect and timing correct.

Now the issue....bike was running great all day....getting on the track for last moto about a month ago, bike felt like it was in the wrong gear(almost like in 3rd or 4th from a stop) and was cutting out a bit. Pulled off the track and heard a minor rattle on the right side of the engine when you rolled on the power and let off (almost like a loose skid plate) that I could not pinpoint. Started fine, but once warmed up it would start to cut and out not hold an idle and stall. Interesting point.....when started cold, it was ok....but as soon as it started heating up it would cut out and eventually die.

Brought to local mechanic, now it won't run at all. New stator / spark plug / fuel filter installed / all harnesses cleaned and inspected....same issue.

Bike is all stock....outside the piston / cam chain nothing has been modified. I like the bike, but getting time to trade up.....not much I can do with it at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.....thanks and thanks for all the amazing info on the site
|
Fraser
12/29/2018 7:08am
Worth checking injector is clean and the fuel pump is working properly.
ChrisW1212
12/29/2018 8:55am
Good call....has them checked this AM....all good

Did find small shiny metal pieces on the stator pick ups......Im assuming something internally broke when I entered the track. But no clue where to start.
triplex
12/29/2018 5:28pm
Had a 15 that ran very similar to this except, no engine noise. Ended up being a bad coil, even though the coiled ohmed out as it should. Check fuel pressure as well.

Post a reply to: 2013 CRF450R Issue

The Latest