2012 Husqvarna CR125

headache
11/20/2011 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2018 6:38pm
does anyone on here ride the newer CR125? Just wondering how decent of a bike it is. Its a good looking bike and is the cheapest of all the 125 2strokes and even comes with a 144 kit when you buy it!
|
mxb2
11/20/2011 6:15pm
headache wrote:
does anyone on here ride the newer CR125? Just wondering how decent of a bike it is. Its a good looking bike and is the cheapest...
does anyone on here ride the newer CR125? Just wondering how decent of a bike it is. Its a good looking bike and is the cheapest of all the 125 2strokes and even comes with a 144 kit when you buy it!
get the yz or ktm you wil thank me later!
mxb2
11/20/2011 6:19pm
No brainer for me, If i was going to buy a new 2 stroke it would be the ktm 150 or 250sx.
nytsmaC
11/20/2011 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 6:45pm
headache wrote:
does anyone on here ride the newer CR125? Just wondering how decent of a bike it is. Its a good looking bike and is the cheapest...
mxb2 wrote:
Obviously you haven't ridden the Husky.

It handles better than either of them
it's cheaper
it has the same incredible forks as the YZ and a shock that rivals an Ohlins
My 2010 dyno'd at 37.5hp, 19ft/lb torque box stock as a 125, 42 and 21 with the 144 top end and a pipe
It's the simplest bike in the world to work on and maintain, well thought out
Comes stock with glide plate, frame guards, Regina chain, Afam sprockets, Domino bars/grips/controls, 260mm front rotor, 240mm rear, Brembo, no-tool seat/air filter access, Excel rims, Michelin tires, polished hubs, V-force reed cage, complete spare top end including cylinder and powervalve assembly, 4 position bar clamps, embossed graphics, Arrow exhaust, etc. etc.

It's an incredible bike, why would you recommend against it? I'm not a brand loyalist but I'd buy one of these again in a heartbeat over a TM, KTM or especially a YZ. Husky may have made some blunders with their 4-strokes but they were right on the money with this bike. In fact I might sell the 300 and buy a second CR125 this year.
mxb2
11/20/2011 6:51pm
headache wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Obviously you haven't ridden the Husky. It handles better than either of them it's cheaper it has the same incredible forks as the YZ and a...

it's cheaper
My 2010 dyno'd at 37.5hp, 19ft/lb torque box stock as a 125, 42 and 21 with the 144 top end and a pipe
Comes stock with glide plate, frame guards, Regina chain, Afam sprockets, Domino bars/grips/controls, 260mm front rotor, 240mm rear, Brembo, no-tool seat/air filter access, Excel rims, Michelin tires, polished hubs, V-force reed cage, complete spare top end including cylinder and powervalve assembly, 4 position bar clamps, embossed graphics, Arrow exhaust, etc. etc.

It's an incredible bike, why would you recommend against it? I'm not a brand loyalist but I'd buy one of these again in a heartbeat over a TM, KTM or especially a YZ. Husky may have made some blunders with their 4-strokes but they were right on the money with this bike. In fact I might sell the 300 and buy a second CR125 this year.
You are correct, have never ridden a newer husky, Do you really think its a better bike than the2011/2012 ktm 125,150 or new yz 125?

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/20/2011 6:52pm
I just rode my buddies 2010 or 2011 (not positive) today, its a 144. Bike was sweet! It handled great and the motor is pretty rad, even though his is way rich right now so it got boggy on me a few times.
newmann
11/20/2011 6:54pm
headache wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
Obviously you haven't ridden the Husky. It handles better than either of them it's cheaper it has the same incredible forks as the YZ and a...

it's cheaper

That's a helluva sales pitch and it is a really, really good looking bike. Big question is who is the dealer that stocks everything and delivers it quickly? For our KTM, Munn Racing has only dropped me in the grease once.....it took two days to have my parts sitting on my desk from over 300 miles away.Smile Usually, it's there the next day with no special shipping charges. Hell, one day I ordered right at 5 pm, noon the following day.....parts on my desk. Those guys kick ass with KTM parts and have always had everything I've ordered for our 08 144SX in stock. They even had multiple choices in piston sizes allowing for wear in the plated cylinder. Freaking amazing. Does Husky have a Munn?
Sonny
11/20/2011 6:56pm
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

it's cheaper

mxb2 wrote:
You are correct, have never ridden a newer husky, Do you really think its a better bike than the2011/2012 ktm 125,150 or new yz 125?
I have to say, I've ridden my buddies 2011 and it was killer. I'm a 200 pound guy and I was quite please with its snappy performance.
nytsmaC
11/20/2011 7:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
I haven't ridden either of them but I have no doubt in my mind that it's better than a YZ. I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it up against the KTM as from all accounts the KTM is an amazing bike too but I'd be shocked if head to head the KTM was a better bike and worth more money.
mxb2
11/20/2011 7:03pm
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:
I haven't ridden either of them but I have no doubt in my mind that it's better than a YZ. I wouldn't bet my last dollar...
I haven't ridden either of them but I have no doubt in my mind that it's better than a YZ. I wouldn't bet my last dollar on it up against the KTM as from all accounts the KTM is an amazing bike too but I'd be shocked if head to head the KTM was a better bike and worth more money.
Fair enough, I would love to ride a new husky, but not a whole lot of them in my area. I guess finding a dealer and getting parts would be my fear.
nytsmaC
11/20/2011 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 7:09pm
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

it's cheaper

newmann wrote:
That's a helluva sales pitch and it is a really, really good looking bike. Big question is who is the dealer that stocks everything and delivers...
That's a helluva sales pitch and it is a really, really good looking bike. Big question is who is the dealer that stocks everything and delivers it quickly? For our KTM, Munn Racing has only dropped me in the grease once.....it took two days to have my parts sitting on my desk from over 300 miles away.Smile Usually, it's there the next day with no special shipping charges. Hell, one day I ordered right at 5 pm, noon the following day.....parts on my desk. Those guys kick ass with KTM parts and have always had everything I've ordered for our 08 144SX in stock. They even had multiple choices in piston sizes allowing for wear in the plated cylinder. Freaking amazing. Does Husky have a Munn?
Husky has a couple of great, highly knowledgable high volume dealers like Bill's MC Plus in Salem OR and in Canada we have Ross Rocher Sales in Ontario. My local shop has been great to me, they stock common parts but an item like a complete rear shock is 2 weeks to get I've found out. If I needed one immediately I'd get on the phone with other dealerships, someone is bound to either have one or be willing to strip one off of a bike if they have an extra one. In the past I've had my local dealer offer to pull hardware off of a showroom bike to keep me going, I'd check to see what kind of stock your local dealer has and what kind of relationship you can build with them when it comes to this sort of thing.
MOTO120
11/20/2011 7:25pm
Halls Cycles in Springfield IL is the TOP Husqvarna North American Dealer.....period Smile !
WORCSRacer
11/20/2011 7:37pm
I can tell you this about the Husky CR125, it's the best bike they make. In the 144 configuration it runs sweet. And just an FYI Bobby Garrison was keeping up just fine against stunned 450 riders at Honey Lake last year on the prototype.
mxRob
11/21/2011 4:47am
I ride à wr 125 2011, pretty much the same bike as cr but with lights on. I absolutely love it, it handles great and has all the power i need ( stock). Quality has been good to, had for à year now and only thing i broke is à front wheel when i went wideopen into à tree and broke My Wrist.
For sure i recomend the bike
wardy
11/21/2011 5:00am
at our rider appreciation day we had Hall's Cycles (one of the largest Husky dealers in the states) set up with demo rides and all the new machines. We have a motocross and HS crowd at this event and it was the largest we have had in a while just under 500 people.

Jay and Steve from Hall's busted butt all day keeping the riders coming and going on the bikes. HS riders already know how good a Husky is in this state as they make up likely the second most machine to KTm at d-17 race events. THE big surprise was the MX crowd and how they felt after riding the bikes.

Lets not forget.

Husky has the best contingency progam in this country second to none. They are putting together (and have been) a very good line of bikes and it's a to well kept secret. Lets not forget they offer BOTH thumpers and smokers. AND have developed both continually.

I like my Service Honda's and am a honda guy. but those husky's look pretty damn cool.
wardy
11/21/2011 5:01am
MOTO120 wrote:
Halls Cycles in Springfield IL is the TOP Husqvarna North American Dealer.....period Smile !
no question about it.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/21/2011 7:03am
The only thing I have against the Huskies - PUT A FULL RADIATOR SHROUD ON THE THING!!!!!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
11/21/2011 7:12am
headache wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
nytsmaC wrote:

it's cheaper

Quick question, does it have the goofy under the seat tank design or is it conventional?
11/21/2011 7:36am
nytsmaC wrote:
I haven't ridden either of them but I have no doubt in my mind that it's better than a YZ. I wouldn't bet my last dollar...
I've ridden a 2010 Husky 144 and a 2005 YZ125 back to back. The only advantage the CR has over the YZ is on top end power. The YZ has more low-end torque, much better handling and suspension (the components mean nothing if they aren't well balanced), better brakes (and they're not even that good).

The Husky is overall a really good bike, but I'm sorry to tell you that the YZ is still a better machine. You'd have as much fun on either, but you'd have to work harder on the Husky to get the same results. I don't know what they sell for in the US, but up here in Canada the price is about the same for 2012 (YZ just dropped $1000 in price from 2011).
VRR7
11/21/2011 7:50am
Have you every compared the YZ cylinder and the CR Cylinder ? Almost identical - I am sure they are interchangeable . The Husky has a broader bridge on the exhaust port - Less wear on the rings -
kxking
Fantasy
1203rd
11/21/2011 8:27am
Pics??
newmann
11/21/2011 8:37am
This thread is useless without pics of that sweet looking ride. Talk about a simplistic approach at a lightweight motocross bike. This is what mx bikes were all about and I'm glad Husky and KTM are continuing development with them.

headache
11/21/2011 8:51am
look at the amount of room between the head and the gas tank. Thats awesome. you could pull the motor without even taking the gas tank off lol. Glad to hear some good imput.
Flatliner
11/21/2011 8:51am
nytsmaC wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
I've ridden a 2010 Husky 144 and a 2005 YZ125 back to back. The only advantage the CR has over the YZ is on top end...
I've ridden a 2010 Husky 144 and a 2005 YZ125 back to back. The only advantage the CR has over the YZ is on top end power. The YZ has more low-end torque, much better handling and suspension (the components mean nothing if they aren't well balanced), better brakes (and they're not even that good).

The Husky is overall a really good bike, but I'm sorry to tell you that the YZ is still a better machine. You'd have as much fun on either, but you'd have to work harder on the Husky to get the same results. I don't know what they sell for in the US, but up here in Canada the price is about the same for 2012 (YZ just dropped $1000 in price from 2011).
Yep, same price, and the Manitoba dealer must have been too busy to respond to a simple email, which to me isn't good when your trying to establish customer relations.
11/21/2011 9:05am
nytsmaC wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:
I've ridden a 2010 Husky 144 and a 2005 YZ125 back to back. The only advantage the CR has over the YZ is on top end...

Since we tried the same CR144 I'll add that the motor mounts are made of junk steel (the owner broke so many of them) and the radiators leak like ''leave alone britney crazy dude'' is crying. It also have the european feeling (you like it or not it's different than the japanese bikes).

Still a fun bike to ride but not comparable to the KTM150 or YZ125.
nytsmaC
11/21/2011 4:51pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Sheriff245 wrote:

charley586 wrote:
Since we tried the same CR144 I'll add that the motor mounts are made of junk steel (the owner broke so many of them) and the...
Since we tried the same CR144 I'll add that the motor mounts are made of junk steel (the owner broke so many of them) and the radiators leak like ''leave alone britney crazy dude'' is crying. It also have the european feeling (you like it or not it's different than the japanese bikes).

Still a fun bike to ride but not comparable to the KTM150 or YZ125.
Fair enough but it sounds to me like you rode a bike that was not set up well at all. Suspension is subjective I suppose, but they for all intents and purposes have the same forks and a great shock. I can't imagine handling can get better than this, I'm really going to have to bum a ride on some other 125s to believe it. A YZ125 can probably give the CR125 a run for its money but no way it will run with a well jetted CR144 unless there's something wrong with it. I have heard of some people breaking motor mounts and cracking radiators, I haven't had either issue with mine.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3742nd
11/21/2011 4:59pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Fair enough but it sounds to me like you rode a bike that was not set up well at all. Suspension is subjective I suppose, but...
Fair enough but it sounds to me like you rode a bike that was not set up well at all. Suspension is subjective I suppose, but they for all intents and purposes have the same forks and a great shock. I can't imagine handling can get better than this, I'm really going to have to bum a ride on some other 125s to believe it. A YZ125 can probably give the CR125 a run for its money but no way it will run with a well jetted CR144 unless there's something wrong with it. I have heard of some people breaking motor mounts and cracking radiators, I haven't had either issue with mine.
Then it would be safe to say in showroom condition the yz may outperform the cr; when both properly set-up the cr has its advantages, no?

btw love the new husky's. Hope I can ride one.
nytsmaC
11/21/2011 5:12pm
Then it would be safe to say in showroom condition the yz may outperform the cr; when both properly set-up the cr has its advantages, no...
Then it would be safe to say in showroom condition the yz may outperform the cr; when both properly set-up the cr has its advantages, no?

btw love the new husky's. Hope I can ride one.
Sure I suppose they both have their advantages, I shouldn't actually be commenting without riding a new YZ first.
Mod Killer
11/21/2011 5:49pm
Husky's have KYB suspension now.

So to compare or bring up suspension woes of the past is no longer relevant in the discussion I'd think.
mag23
11/21/2011 5:51pm
I've had an 05 and 07 YZ 125, both were sick, but not as sick as my '11 150sx. The 07 had a PC motor and Enzo suspension, it was awesome... the150 has it covered, though. Actually, they're all sweet... If you want a Husky, go get one...
slipdog
11/21/2011 7:32pm
mag23 wrote:
I've had an 05 and 07 YZ 125, both were sick, but not as sick as my '11 150sx. The 07 had a PC motor and...
I've had an 05 and 07 YZ 125, both were sick, but not as sick as my '11 150sx. The 07 had a PC motor and Enzo suspension, it was awesome... the150 has it covered, though. Actually, they're all sweet... If you want a Husky, go get one...
Would the KTM still have the YZ covered if it was a well built YZ 144? And how's that headshake coming along on the KTM? Hahaha, j/k!

One of my WORCS riders that ran KTM's this year called today and said he got a deal to ride the TM 2-strokes for next year and I'm "Ryan Dungey" to start testing those things out!

Post a reply to: 2012 Husqvarna CR125

The Latest