2011 Genoa SX Main Event 1 & 2 vids

HighCam
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:37am
1st Main Event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP5frgk6jGM

2nd Main Event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz5H1VYUePA

Barcia looked really good a the 450. I think this kid is going to be some special when he learns to look ahead and not worry where the rider is behind him. But I'm sure he was surprised to be beating Chad Reed.
|
kardy
11/20/2011 7:03am
Nice find, but i doubt Barcias ever surprised to be beating anybody...

He must've forgotten his Fox helmet (or this is a glimpse as to what the team will be wearing in '12).
spd721
11/20/2011 7:36am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 7:50am
kardy wrote:
Nice find, but i doubt Barcias ever surprised to be beating anybody... He must've forgotten his Fox helmet (or this is a glimpse as to what...

He must've forgotten his Fox helmet (or this is a glimpse as to what the team will be wearing in '12).
Did you notice the Astar boots as well? I wonder what Fox's take on this is since his contract with them doesn't end until the end of the year.
Asher
11/20/2011 7:48am
kardy wrote:
Nice find, but i doubt Barcias ever surprised to be beating anybody... He must've forgotten his Fox helmet (or this is a glimpse as to what...

spd721 wrote:
Did you notice the Astar boots as well? I wonder what Fox's take on this is since his contract with them doesn't end until the end...
Did you notice the Astar boots as well? I wonder what Fox's take on this is since his contract with them doesn't end until the end of the year.
woulda thought it's separate deals, they used to run fox kits with shoeis and gaernes
mccread
11/20/2011 8:46am
IMO Barcia should move up to the 450 full time, he is a lot smoother on that bike, and speed isn't a problem.

The Shop

11/20/2011 8:49am
The guys at Fox love Justin. They are probably 100% fine with him getting use to new boots. Boots are something that take some time to get use to. As soon as his deal with FC is done he will be back in Fox on a long term deal, just watch.
mjskier
11/20/2011 9:12am
Weird 2nd moto. Barcia was so far ahead I din't think Reed was going to reel him in. Stamina or did he just started riding tight?
At the end Reed was much smoother in the whoops.
kardy
11/20/2011 9:36am
mjskier wrote:
Weird 2nd moto. Barcia was so far ahead I din't think Reed was going to reel him in. Stamina or did he just started riding tight...
Weird 2nd moto. Barcia was so far ahead I din't think Reed was going to reel him in. Stamina or did he just started riding tight?
At the end Reed was much smoother in the whoops.
Looked to me like he made a couple of little mistakes while Reed was nearly perfect and that's all it took.
buckeye-mac
11/20/2011 9:37am
Is FC not sponsored by fox anymore? I think thats the first time Ive seen JB wear a neck brace too.Both guys looked pretty smooth out there.
11/20/2011 9:43am
Is FC not sponsored by fox anymore? I think thats the first time Ive seen JB wear a neck brace too.Both guys looked pretty smooth out...
Is FC not sponsored by fox anymore? I think thats the first time Ive seen JB wear a neck brace too.Both guys looked pretty smooth out there.
i think he wore one at bercy
Taylor156
11/20/2011 9:48am
Fox is out Geico I believe will be No Fear are releasing a Geico gear
mxRob
11/20/2011 10:05am
If you go to TWMX.com and check the photos from milestone a couple of days ago, you see will hahn wearing a-star boots and shoei helmet too...
SMITH201
11/20/2011 10:18am
Oakley goggles as well. Gear, goggles, helmet and boots are all separate deals. It appears that goggles, helmet and boots have already expired.
pacetruckdrvr
11/20/2011 11:15am
Wow those Hondas look like they are set up, and yes Barcia should move up but he is contacted for one more year in the 250s.
jeffro503
11/20/2011 11:25am
Some damn good racing right there! thanks for posting the vids......it was a great filler until A1! Looks like some fun racing going on over there. Surprised more Americans weren't over there though.
andymoto
11/20/2011 12:03pm
Thanks for posting both nights. Much appreciated.
Rizzo
11/20/2011 12:15pm
kardy wrote:

spd721 wrote:
Did you notice the Astar boots as well? I wonder what Fox's take on this is since his contract with them doesn't end until the end...
Not saying this is truth in this instance, but some of these deals are for US contracts/races or might not include races that weren't written into the contract. As someone already mentioned, when Barcia goes 450, I'd bet money that FOX is back with him.
Asher
11/20/2011 12:22pm
Reed and Barcia teammates in 2013.
i think factory honda have other plans for barcia
spd721
11/20/2011 1:54pm
SMITH201 wrote:
Oakley goggles as well. Gear, goggles, helmet and boots are all separate deals. It appears that goggles, helmet and boots have already expired.
I asked Matthes after Bercy regarding Barcia wearing Oakleys. He said the fox deal doesn't end until the end of the year and that they Oakleys is what he'll be running next year.
bigcat
11/20/2011 2:07pm
The guys at Fox love Justin. They are probably 100% fine with him getting use to new boots. Boots are something that take some time to...
The guys at Fox love Justin. They are probably 100% fine with him getting use to new boots. Boots are something that take some time to get use to. As soon as his deal with FC is done he will be back in Fox on a long term deal, just watch.
Hey look it's Mr Knowitall.Cool
neyhart98dad
11/20/2011 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2011 8:05pm
Barcia is such a prick,why does he have to try and park everyone he passes,for instance when he passed that #48 towards the end,he ran him so high in that corner,the kid nearly had to put his feet down to keep from going down.
Maybe prick isnt the right word,but he sure is a punk. in the first clip.
jeffro503
11/20/2011 9:30pm
Barcia is such a prick,why does he have to try and park everyone he passes,for instance when he passed that #48 towards the end,he ran him...
Barcia is such a prick,why does he have to try and park everyone he passes,for instance when he passed that #48 towards the end,he ran him so high in that corner,the kid nearly had to put his feet down to keep from going down.
Well....he is aggressive for sure. But he isn't going in slamming people completely off the track though. At least most of the time. They don't call him Bam-Bam for nothing. Calling him a prick for just riding as fast as he can , is kind of wrong I think. The kid just wants to win , and he doesn't want people in his way. Especially lappers.....get the hell out of the way.
cason402
11/21/2011 12:35am
Barcia is such a prick,why does he have to try and park everyone he passes,for instance when he passed that #48 towards the end,he ran him...
you say prick, i say motocrosser.

the aim of motocross is to cross the finish line first, preventing the other riders from getting there first is a part of that equation. you can fault him, but he took home the cash and the trophy. life is a zero sum game.
jamma10
11/21/2011 7:12am
Notice how Chad was sure to look over his shoulder and check where Barcia was before entering the same corner he block passed hi on the previous lap? Smile
paul937
Fantasy
359th
11/21/2011 11:16am
Hey guys,
Just a quick mini report because I’m still exhausted from the long weekend (geez, I don’t know how I used to survive the Bercy 3 night deal lol). Genoa was awesome as usual, Reed and Barcia both rode great races and gave the crowd what they came to see! You basically couldn’t have scripted it any better! One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned (although I haven’t looked much) is the freestyle; in the past it’s been one of the highlights of Genoa, but the past couple years they did away with it in order to make a slightly bigger SX track. They brought it back this year and Mark Monea brought his crazy front flip 360 (the same one that made me come out of my seat last month in Vegas) to the fired up Italian crowd! He crashed while he was landing it but it was close enough for me, glad he walked away unscathed for the most part. Blake "Bilko" Williams came over as well along with the new Red Bull X-fighter’s champ Dany Torres. They both went off as well and added a lot to the show so all in all it was a pretty epic night!
I was lucky enough to bring my 12 year old daughter along with me this year and we’ve been cruising around Milan all day and part of yesterday. We’re having a blast but we fly out first thing in the morning, can’t wait to get home. Ciao!

Paul

P.S. Thanks for posting the videos!
neyhart98dad
11/22/2011 6:31am
cason402 wrote:
you say prick, i say motocrosser. the aim of motocross is to cross the finish line first, preventing the other riders from getting there first is...
you say prick, i say motocrosser.

the aim of motocross is to cross the finish line first, preventing the other riders from getting there first is a part of that equation. you can fault him, but he took home the cash and the trophy. life is a zero sum game.
Ya he is a darn good rider and I cant fault him for that,but watch him in that video(the 1st one)there is no reason for him to run that guy that high,thats just him being a douche,he could have very easily stayed inside of him,like he was rather than run him high just for the hell of it.

Post a reply to: 2011 Genoa SX Main Event 1 & 2 vids

The Latest