2010 kx 450f suspension setup

Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 7:58pm
I was just wondering if somebody knew of a good setup for a 165 pound intermediate rider. i've had good results with dirt riders set up which is 11 clicks for the fork ( reb and comp), 9 clicks for shock comp, and 17 clicks for shock reb. ( Although i closed it to 15 clicks since it was slightly kicking up.)
Let me know if you have a setup that works.

Ps, sag at 4 inches and forks slide down to the first line. Around 5mm protruding.
|
crf250pilot
6/17/2010 5:17am
If it's like most Kawis, the engine will give out before you get your suspension set anyways, so don't even worry about it.
mxmat813
6/17/2010 5:23am
Richer222 wrote:
I was just wondering if somebody knew of a good setup for a 165 pound intermediate rider. i've had good results with dirt riders set up...
I was just wondering if somebody knew of a good setup for a 165 pound intermediate rider. i've had good results with dirt riders set up which is 11 clicks for the fork ( reb and comp), 9 clicks for shock comp, and 17 clicks for shock reb. ( Although i closed it to 15 clicks since it was slightly kicking up.)
Let me know if you have a setup that works.

Ps, sag at 4 inches and forks slide down to the first line. Around 5mm protruding.
I had my stuff done by Factory Connection so I'm not sure it'll be the same. Either way, on dirt I'm 12 clicks out on rebound and compression on the front. The rear I'm 12 clicks out on compression, 16 clicks out on rebound. I'm not sure where my high speed is.

On sand I'm 10 clicks out on the front, both comp and rebound. I'm 8 clicks out on the rear compression and 12 on rebound.

My sag is set at 108MM and my fork tubes are at the first line most of the time, although I ran them flush at the regional because it was a high speed sand track. Good luck!

Post a reply to: 2010 kx 450f suspension setup

The Latest