2010 YZ250f with 06 YZ 2 stroke 250 wedged in

Edited Date/Time 12/14/2019 4:22pm
A buddy of mine just finished building this. I got to do a Moto on her today and I have to say, I was impressed! Handled great! Motor is a beast, it's a stroked 250. Suspension dialed! He found the rolling chassis on Craigslist here in Bend for $1,300 in almost showroom condition. He then put his 06 motor in. Enjoy!

|

The Shop

PEPE001
3/29/2015 5:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 5:27pm
Just will start a single emotion in me.

WANT IT!

That's the bike Yamaha should build I would buy it right away.
Grizz
3/29/2015 5:33pm
PEPE001 wrote:

WANT IT!

They do make it. With a frame that it was engineered to be in Wink
PEPE001
3/29/2015 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 6:15pm
Don't like the current frame with the grooves outside in the frame.
Looks ugly! and I don't buy a 9 year old bike for $7000!

But this bike looks sweet!

jarvinator
3/29/2015 6:14pm
SWEEEET!
Do it up in white/red, make it say a 400cc...
Yamaha could sell millions of em
3/29/2015 8:10pm
A little about the owner/builder of this fire breathing 2 stroke steed. His name is Branden Kentner a seriously naturally gifted MX racer/rider. Some of you old school moto guys probably heard of his Dad. Rod Kentner. Ironically, Rod, a born and raised Oregon Mx rider won the 1978 4 stroke national Championship in Southern California. The Kentner boys are gifted riders who know how to go fast on dirtbikes!!! I got the chance to ride this bike yesterday while we were riding at the Neff family moto track in Gateway,Oregon. Gateway is a rural farm community North of Madras,Oregon. The track has been there on the Neff ranch since the early seventies. It's an absolute little slice of moto heaven built on the banks of Mud springs creek. The dirt is rock free ancient river silt. The Neff family currently has 4 generations of active racers. Sonny Neff was out there yesterday who is still riding and racing at the ripe young age of 80 years old. He shares his track with his son and multiple grandsons and great grandsons. The best part is all of the Neff boys run the number 83 in honor of Grandpa Neff.
jeffro503
3/29/2015 8:17pm
Patrick , about how much modifying did he have to do to the frame , airbox , ect ?? And who did he have do the welds and so forth? Just curious.
3/29/2015 8:40pm
Cawrring Japan. Herroh, you need a take a notes on a dis rerry beautiful rike. Make a update for a da 2016 season.
smezmx
3/29/2015 10:08pm
jarvinator wrote:
SWEEEET!
Do it up in white/red, make it say a 400cc...
Yamaha could sell millions of em
How about say....a 500cc ?

3/30/2015 5:39am
I built one two years ago. This frame works very well with the 250 engine. Plus, the conversion isn't as complex as the Hondas it seems. Swingarm and airbox are a direct fit with a 125 air boot. The front pipe mount can be bolted to the skid plate mount hole with little modification. Even the silencer lined up with the 4 stroke's mounting hole.

I had custom rads made by a Chinese seller on eBay. The engine mounts and Y mods were done by a local chop shop.

3/30/2015 8:00am
PEPE001 wrote:

WANT IT!

Me too!! I keep checking out the '15 YZ250 but I can't bring myself to pay $6,000 for a 9 year old bike with BNG's. I would pay full retail for a new YZ250 in a modern frame!!! Fuck! I wish they would build one!!!!
YZ125H1
3/30/2015 8:06am
I really like the 4 stroke frame design looks cool as hell with that 250 engine mounted.
3/30/2015 8:08am
jeffro503 wrote:
Patrick , about how much modifying did he have to do to the frame , airbox , ect ?? And who did he have do the...
Patrick , about how much modifying did he have to do to the frame , airbox , ect ?? And who did he have do the welds and so forth? Just curious.
Jeff, Airbox is out of the '06 donor bike. He said it bolted right in. He had a local welder here in Bend do the frame mods. Branden figured a lot of it himself. He said it was fairly uncomplicated. The swingarm pivot bolt worked as is. He had to cut and lengthen the front frame cradle. I think stock 2 stroke radiators worked. The only catch is he is having a custom expansion chamber made to fit a little better. He had to do some hammering mods to the pipe to get it to squeeze under the radiators.
I was impressed at how factory the feel of the overall handling. I jumped on and in about half a lap felt completely comfortable on it. I'm sure of the numbers but he said that he had the stroke modified but left the bore of the piston stock. It's a very torquey easy to use powerband. I am going to research the reality of installing a 250 2 stroke in my '13 KX250f . It's not really worth much anyway and when the motor goes I'd like to just re purpose the bike. DO you know of any Kawi conversions?
3/30/2015 8:09am
Cawrring Japan. Herroh, you need a take a notes on a dis rerry beautiful rike. Make a update for a da 2016 season.
Just about spit out my coffee Smile
3/30/2015 8:11am
Sheriff245 wrote:
I built one two years ago. This frame works very well with the 250 engine. Plus, the conversion isn't as complex as the Hondas it seems...
I built one two years ago. This frame works very well with the 250 engine. Plus, the conversion isn't as complex as the Hondas it seems. Swingarm and airbox are a direct fit with a 125 air boot. The front pipe mount can be bolted to the skid plate mount hole with little modification. Even the silencer lined up with the 4 stroke's mounting hole.

I had custom rads made by a Chinese seller on eBay. The engine mounts and Y mods were done by a local chop shop.

Do you still have it?
3/30/2015 6:57pm
Sheriff245 wrote:
I built one two years ago. This frame works very well with the 250 engine. Plus, the conversion isn't as complex as the Hondas it seems...

Do you still have it?
I do. It has only 11 hours on it as I got injured early last season and haven't ridden since. I literally just got done with the winter maintenance. Regreased everything, cleaned the pipe up, re packed the silencer, installed a new head (for pump fuel) and Fox shock. The tires were dry rotten so I got new MX32s.
PEPE001
3/30/2015 8:42pm
Sheriff245 wrote:

Nice Bike!

Do you have some pictures of the Y Mods and engine mounts?
Could you mount the 125 Airboot without modification?

3/31/2015 9:57am
Sheriff245 wrote:

Do you still have it?
Sheriff245 wrote:
I do. It has only 11 hours on it as I got injured early last season and haven't ridden since. I literally just got done with...
I do. It has only 11 hours on it as I got injured early last season and haven't ridden since. I literally just got done with the winter maintenance. Regreased everything, cleaned the pipe up, re packed the silencer, installed a new head (for pump fuel) and Fox shock. The tires were dry rotten so I got new MX32s.
Would you be interested in selling it? PM me if so. or you can email me.

patricktrow@gmail
gt80rider
3/31/2015 10:10am
PEPE001 wrote:

WANT IT!

Exactly.... I couldnt cut the check fast enough to buy one of these off the showroom floor.
wfo4ever
3/31/2015 11:15am
That is exactly how Yamaha could sell a lot of 2 strokes!!! I would buy an updated Yamaha YZ-250 for sure, until then my 2005 Yamaha YZ125 will do. Fun factor is a "10".
3/31/2015 6:44pm
Would you be interested in selling it? PM me if so. or you can email me.

patricktrow@gmail
Everything I own is for sale, if the price is right.

Check your e-mail.
PEPE001
4/1/2015 10:03am Edited Date/Time 4/1/2015 10:13am
That would be something I could like looks professional!

Price seems reasonable!
All in all about $1500 to make it nice:
Comes with:
Tank
Subframe
Airbox to fit YZ250f plastics
complete Seat
Radiator braces to make the plastics fit and it lowers the Radiators (better for turning)
And all parts which are needed to finish the rebuild.

You can choose any manufacturer for plastics.

If you would sell your existing parts it will be below $1000

10/29/2019 2:02pm
Sheriff245 wrote:

What year airboot? 05-current?
Motox627!
10/29/2019 2:43pm
A little about the owner/builder of this fire breathing 2 stroke steed. His name is Branden Kentner a seriously naturally gifted MX racer/rider. Some of you...
A little about the owner/builder of this fire breathing 2 stroke steed. His name is Branden Kentner a seriously naturally gifted MX racer/rider. Some of you old school moto guys probably heard of his Dad. Rod Kentner. Ironically, Rod, a born and raised Oregon Mx rider won the 1978 4 stroke national Championship in Southern California. The Kentner boys are gifted riders who know how to go fast on dirtbikes!!! I got the chance to ride this bike yesterday while we were riding at the Neff family moto track in Gateway,Oregon. Gateway is a rural farm community North of Madras,Oregon. The track has been there on the Neff ranch since the early seventies. It's an absolute little slice of moto heaven built on the banks of Mud springs creek. The dirt is rock free ancient river silt. The Neff family currently has 4 generations of active racers. Sonny Neff was out there yesterday who is still riding and racing at the ripe young age of 80 years old. He shares his track with his son and multiple grandsons and great grandsons. The best part is all of the Neff boys run the number 83 in honor of Grandpa Neff.
I knew Brad for a few years when i lived in Bend! I never knew they had a track up there, but that is awesome!
AH387
10/30/2019 6:23am
Awesome bike, dude. I had that generation of YZ250F and honestly it was 1 of my favorite chassis. Very underrated, in my opinion. So you used a good bike as a starting point, for sure. Plus, it looks amazing. I always liked that body style of that model.

I know a lot of guys say they would like to see a new 2stroke straight from Yamaha, in something similar. Maybe. Honest question, would you want the twin-spar style frame if you don't need it? I feel like the low-pro size of the 2stroke engine doesn't need the clearance. To me, the single backbone style frames are almost always more compact and lighter, so the current frame has some advantages still. I feel like by 4stroke standards that 2010-13 chassis does feel pretty small and light but it doesn't gain that against the OEM 2stroke frame. I dunno, not hating at all, just asking a question. Either way, that is a super cool project and a real head-turner. Well done.

Post a reply to: 2010 YZ250f with 06 YZ 2 stroke 250 wedged in

The Latest