2007 KX250 clutch grabs?!?!?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2017 8:33 PM

Hi I just got this 07 a while back. It has been raced alot and came with tubs of spares. The clutch operates like crap,,it grabs and there is no feel.
Is there a recommended clutch plate swap,,oil like atf+4,,or ?? to make this feel like a modern smooth one?

|

10/20/2017 9:01 PM

I had one. Basket was notched like crazy. I usually replace clutch plates and inner hub with oem and outer basket with Hinson . I did it to my 07 kx250 and it did not help.

|

10/20/2017 9:36 PM

Have you checked the basket on this 11 year old MX bike that was raced heavily??

|

10/21/2017 6:59 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

Have you checked the basket on this 11 year old MX bike that was raced heavily??

Not yet,,,will next. The fact that I got so many spares in tubs led me to believe he raced buy also maintained it along the way and was proactive on changing things. I did not feel any notchyness in clutch lever that usually is a clue of a bad basket. I'll post back what I find..
I thought maybe it was fiber material that caused it...and someone with experience may have found a substitute...crossing my fingers.

|