2007 KTM Bikes

Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 10:09am
WOW.
Where to start. I can see myself buying the 450 in 07 easily. The 2007 is very well put together. The stupid side panels all make sense when you realize you can change the air filter with out tools or bending and twisting or contorting your body. Gas tank is at the lowest point it could be. The hubs look casted, but then are machined for that Talon look. The frame is a new oval shape lager and more like the suzuki shape. The rear shock is way more laid down and the crem-de-la cream. The rear brake is attached by a heim joint. Not some clip or circlip but a heim joint.

KTM is making strides to be the best. If looks count they are doing it. I am told the 144 should be on the showroom floor by the end of September.
|
BIGDESTO
8/23/2006 1:54pm
Even back in 97 when i had my 360sx they've always had trick parts on them.
White Power forks,ohlins,bembo brakes, hydrolic clutch,etc..That was my first and last KTMTongue I think all the bikes today are great just pick your fav color..
piambro
8/24/2006 1:23am
BIGDESTO wrote:
Even back in 97 when i had my 360sx they've always had trick parts on them. White Power forks,ohlins,bembo brakes, hydrolic clutch,etc..That was my first and...
White Power forks,ohlins,bembo brakes, hydrolic clutch,etc..That was my first and last KTMTongue I think all the bikes today are great just pick your fav color..
KTMs have always been filled with special and tricky parts. But I can tell you the new 450F it's something completely new, built from scratch. The KTM guys actually put so much attention and care to ANY single detail of the bike that's overwhelming. Look anywhere you want and you'll find a polished something, a smooth something else... really everything has been redesigned and engineered to the very last bit. I personally think KTM finally filled the gap there was among their bikes and the Japs.
Tiki
Fantasy
1670th
8/24/2006 11:05am
BIGDESTO wrote:
Even back in 97 when i had my 360sx they've always had trick parts on them. White Power forks,ohlins,bembo brakes, hydrolic clutch,etc..That was my first and...
piambro wrote:
KTMs have always been filled with special and tricky parts. But I can tell you the new 450F it's something completely new, built from scratch. The...
KTMs have always been filled with special and tricky parts. But I can tell you the new 450F it's something completely new, built from scratch. The KTM guys actually put so much attention and care to ANY single detail of the bike that's overwhelming. Look anywhere you want and you'll find a polished something, a smooth something else... really everything has been redesigned and engineered to the very last bit. I personally think KTM finally filled the gap there was among their bikes and the Japs.
Well the 07's are really impressive looking. Aside from the 6mm bolts they use, the whole bike looks great. Not real fond of the magura clutch if it brakes but it is super smooth to use.
easywriter
8/24/2006 9:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:52pm
When I was first asked by Dan Salomone, the regional KTM sales manager to test the 2001 bikes for a magazine I wrote for I was flabbergasted. I vowed to get one and in 2003 got my first KTM, the rocketship works clone 250SX.

WHEW!!! Whadda ride. It was not truly finished though, every works bike is like a piece of lead, it needed the fine tuning to fit the rider, me. So Factory Connection tweaked the boingers for my hefty 225 lb bod, Pro Circuit smoothed out the massive hit and as of late a Steahly 6 0z. flywheel and a tall seat have this thing runnind the best I ever had a bike.

If I had the bucks I'd pop for the 2007 SX250 and keep the '03 just as comparison. You'd have to spend 500 bucks for a Jap bike to equal the quality of parts on a stock KTM. The Japanese yen to Euro to dollar worth is why Jap bike riders are paying Mercedes prices for Japanese build. I wouldnt pay 50K for a Toyota car.

KTM are right up there with Volvos, Beemers and Benzes as far as I am concerned. Yes, I would know, I drive a "Wolwo" and it stomps any Honda or Acura.

L8r daze,
Michael James

screenwriter, "Racer's Edge" the sensible motocross movie...coming soon[i]

Post edited by: easywriter, at: 2006/08/25 04:25

Post edited by: easywriter, at: 2006/08/25 04:26

The Shop

piambro
8/25/2006 8:41am
BIGDESTO wrote:
piambro wrote:
KTMs have always been filled with special and tricky parts. But I can tell you the new 450F it's something completely new, built from scratch. The...
Tiki wrote:
Well the 07's are really impressive looking. Aside from the 6mm bolts they use, the whole bike looks great. Not real fond of the magura clutch...
Well the 07's are really impressive looking. Aside from the 6mm bolts they use, the whole bike looks great. Not real fond of the magura clutch if it brakes but it is super smooth to use.
all the 2007 MX models have Brembo clutch control and not magura anymore
davis224
Fantasy
165th
8/26/2006 10:58am
piambro wrote:
Tiki wrote:
Well the 07's are really impressive looking. Aside from the 6mm bolts they use, the whole bike looks great. Not real fond of the magura clutch...
piambro wrote:
september? sweet...Cheerful
KTM boy 137
8/26/2006 5:50pm
Tiki wrote:
piambro wrote:
davis224 wrote:
september? sweet...Cheerful
Always been a fan, always will be.

I'll probably never own anything but orange.

Post a reply to: 2007 KTM Bikes

The Latest