2006 washougal death

rongi#401
Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 11:22am
So in 2006 I raced the amateur day at washougal. Two motos before mine a kid of the name Ryan Davis died, they red flagged the race. Took him away in the ambulance, and about 20 min later they announced his death. Anyone have any info or pics, or a write-up on him? Tried looking it up and found nothing.
|
rongi#401
4/16/2018 12:19am
Why? do you need to know this stuff
uhm because i do...?
share the same last name and he died 20 min before i raced, and sometimes i wonder about that guy

The Shop

devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
4/16/2018 1:30am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 1:31am
oldblood wrote:
Ben?
Bingo. His name was Ben, not Ryan. I think Dustin mixed up the names since there was a Ryan Davis that used to race pro that was on the Mini Warriors series.

@Dustin, I think this is your guy.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ben-davis-obituary?pid=14799745&v…

Rest in peace Ben Davis Sept. 18, 1989 - Aug. 3, 2005 (15 years old)

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesheraldonline/obituary.aspx?page=l…

I think this was all Dustin needed to feel better. It was a long time ago guys, and it came up recently.
rongi#401
4/16/2018 3:07am
it just used to trip me out alot over the years, yeah i think he was in 125B
4/16/2018 3:34am
This summer will be 2 years ago that we were riding at a track and a 16yr old kid passed away. I still think about it from time to time and remember it all pretty well. I try to block it out whenever I ride there
Frodad78
4/18/2018 5:32am
Very sad...

I remember I was in college and preoccupied with many extracurricular activities at the time. There was a race at my local track, Hurricane Hills. It was homecoming weekend at school and I was more interested in partying one particular weekend rather than coming home to race. I found out on Monday that a kid passed away in my class. I've thought about that kid quite a few times over the years and it still scares the shit out of me. Rest in Peace to all our bros that we've lost doing what they love.
90smoto
4/18/2018 7:17am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 9:12am
Frodad78 wrote:
Very sad... I remember I was in college and preoccupied with many extracurricular activities at the time. There was a race at my local track, Hurricane...
Very sad...

I remember I was in college and preoccupied with many extracurricular activities at the time. There was a race at my local track, Hurricane Hills. It was homecoming weekend at school and I was more interested in partying one particular weekend rather than coming home to race. I found out on Monday that a kid passed away in my class. I've thought about that kid quite a few times over the years and it still scares the shit out of me. Rest in Peace to all our bros that we've lost doing what they love.
Wow crazy you mention this. I was on the line when that happened. It was right after the start on the tabletop before you take that left and hit the grandstand section. I believe the kid who passed was 125C class and I was 125B at the time. We sat on the line for like 30 minutes as the paramedics tried there best, we all knew it was really bad.... was tough to go out that moto after seeing that. At the end of the day they announced he had passed away. I’ll never forget. Godspeed
4/18/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 9:39am
Witnessed a death during a So Cal desert race years ago (2005). 2nd lap he was down and being attended to. 3rd lap they were giving chest comlressions. 4th lap he was under a towel. 5th lap was hard.

I brought a very new girlfriend to that race and felt really bad introducing her to death like that. Didn't leave a good impression of this sport, that's for sure.
kNewc
4/18/2018 10:39am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2018 10:40am
My girlfriend (now wife) and I saw the first person to die at Red Bud in a 2007 (I think, maybe 2008) practice. So sad. His son was riding on the pee-wee track at the time it happened. He went over the bars and landed face first. It actually didn't look that bad at all. Enough that I went "he's going to be sore" and walked away to my truck. My wife was like "Rambles he's still down..." and the EMTs rushed out to him. Very sad, crazy incidents. Our sport is dangerous, but you never think you'll see someone die.
Frodad78
4/18/2018 11:22am
90smoto wrote:
Wow crazy you mention this. I was on the line when that happened. It was right after the start on the tabletop before you take that...
Wow crazy you mention this. I was on the line when that happened. It was right after the start on the tabletop before you take that left and hit the grandstand section. I believe the kid who passed was 125C class and I was 125B at the time. We sat on the line for like 30 minutes as the paramedics tried there best, we all knew it was really bad.... was tough to go out that moto after seeing that. At the end of the day they announced he had passed away. I’ll never forget. Godspeed
yep thats how it was explained to me to. I think he was out in front as well, which also scared the pants off me because at the time I was pretty much top 5 in that class every weekend. Always thought I would have been close to it when it happened, I think thats why it stuck with me. Sad day for a really great moto community there at HH, Tom Hurd did a great job when he owned it, I grew up racing there. So many great people.

Post a reply to: 2006 washougal death

The Latest