2006 washougal death

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2018 11:18 PM

So in 2006 I raced the amateur day at washougal. Two motos before mine a kid of the name Ryan Davis died, they red flagged the race. Took him away in the ambulance, and about 20 min later they announced his death. Anyone have any info or pics, or a write-up on him? Tried looking it up and found nothing.

|

4/15/2018 11:33 PM

I was there. Sad day.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

4/15/2018 11:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2018 11:35 PM

Why? do you need to know this stuff

|

4/16/2018 12:19 AM

Richard Tease II wrote:

Why? do you need to know this stuff

uhm because i do...?
share the same last name and he died 20 min before i raced, and sometimes i wonder about that guy

|

4/16/2018 1:10 AM

Dustin, here's the results from that week.

http://results.americanmotorcyclist.com/results/motocross/2006/4335-washougal-mx-park-llc/results

No sign of Ryan Davis, are you sure it was 2006?

|

4/16/2018 1:17 AM

Ben?

|

"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

4/16/2018 1:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2018 1:31 AM

oldblood wrote:

Ben?

Bingo. His name was Ben, not Ryan. I think Dustin mixed up the names since there was a Ryan Davis that used to race pro that was on the Mini Warriors series.

@Dustin, I think this is your guy.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/ben-davis-obituary?pid=14799745&view=guestbook

Rest in peace Ben Davis Sept. 18, 1989 - Aug. 3, 2005 (15 years old)

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesheraldonline/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=14801414
Photo

I think this was all Dustin needed to feel better. It was a long time ago guys, and it came up recently.

|

4/16/2018 3:07 AM

it just used to trip me out alot over the years, yeah i think he was in 125B

|

4/16/2018 3:34 AM

This summer will be 2 years ago that we were riding at a track and a 16yr old kid passed away. I still think about it from time to time and remember it all pretty well. I try to block it out whenever I ride there

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

4/17/2018 10:12 PM

RIP Ben.

|

Blur the technicolor

4/18/2018 5:32 AM

Very sad...

I remember I was in college and preoccupied with many extracurricular activities at the time. There was a race at my local track, Hurricane Hills. It was homecoming weekend at school and I was more interested in partying one particular weekend rather than coming home to race. I found out on Monday that a kid passed away in my class. I've thought about that kid quite a few times over the years and it still scares the shit out of me. Rest in Peace to all our bros that we've lost doing what they love.

|

4/18/2018 7:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2018 9:12 AM

Frodad78 wrote:

Very sad...

I remember I was in college and preoccupied with many extracurricular activities at the time. There was a race at ...more

Wow crazy you mention this. I was on the line when that happened. It was right after the start on the tabletop before you take that left and hit the grandstand section. I believe the kid who passed was 125C class and I was 125B at the time. We sat on the line for like 30 minutes as the paramedics tried there best, we all knew it was really bad.... was tough to go out that moto after seeing that. At the end of the day they announced he had passed away. I’ll never forget. Godspeed

|

4/18/2018 9:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2018 9:39 AM

Witnessed a death during a So Cal desert race years ago (2005). 2nd lap he was down and being attended to. 3rd lap they were giving chest comlressions. 4th lap he was under a towel. 5th lap was hard.

I brought a very new girlfriend to that race and felt really bad introducing her to death like that. Didn't leave a good impression of this sport, that's for sure.

|

4/18/2018 10:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2018 10:40 AM

My girlfriend (now wife) and I saw the first person to die at Red Bud in a 2007 (I think, maybe 2008) practice. So sad. His son was riding on the pee-wee track at the time it happened. He went over the bars and landed face first. It actually didn't look that bad at all. Enough that I went "he's going to be sore" and walked away to my truck. My wife was like "Rambles he's still down..." and the EMTs rushed out to him. Very sad, crazy incidents. Our sport is dangerous, but you never think you'll see someone die.

|

4/18/2018 11:22 AM

90smoto wrote:

Wow crazy you mention this. I was on the line when that happened. It was right after the start on the tabletop before you take ...more

yep thats how it was explained to me to. I think he was out in front as well, which also scared the pants off me because at the time I was pretty much top 5 in that class every weekend. Always thought I would have been close to it when it happened, I think thats why it stuck with me. Sad day for a really great moto community there at HH, Tom Hurd did a great job when he owned it, I grew up racing there. So many great people.

|