2005 KX250 (2 Stroke!) Build (+RV)

3/30/2017 7:18am
Thank you everyone for the comments. I am still waiting on the following to finish the build: -Suspension to be completed -Carbon parts -PC triple clamps...
Thank you everyone for the comments.

I am still waiting on the following to finish the build:
-Suspension to be completed
-Carbon parts
-PC triple clamps
-New graphics
-Chain

Still trying to source the following:
-PC foot pegs
-PC cluch cover
-Flo green rear fender
Found someone selling full kit flo green for $250.00. I've been trying to find any clutch cover besides boyesen (they wear super fast) and it's literally impossible. Hope your search is better then mine. Good looking bike man motor makes me drool
TSCHAM101
3/30/2017 8:21am
wish i had the skill and know how, of how to do all the trick shit and basic mechanics work like yall do..
Jake_CR250R
3/30/2017 8:48am
What a great looking build! The end result is gonna look sick!
MOTORSPORTFOX
3/30/2017 9:26am
Found someone selling full kit flo green for $250.00. I've been trying to find any clutch cover besides boyesen (they wear super fast) and it's literally...
Found someone selling full kit flo green for $250.00. I've been trying to find any clutch cover besides boyesen (they wear super fast) and it's literally impossible. Hope your search is better then mine. Good looking bike man motor makes me drool
Thank you.. I have all the flo plastics except for the rear fender. I found somebody who has it but wants too much for it, might just have to do it. yea I will not put the boyesen covers on, would rather run these stock cover.

The Shop

MOTORSPORTFOX
4/12/2017 9:30am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2017 9:45am
Lastest updates:

Not the greatest pics, will post better ones soon
I was able to complete the flo green plastics kit by finding the rear fender
Still waiting on the following to complete the build:
-Suspension
-Triple clamps
-Carbon parts
ledger
4/12/2017 1:48pm
The black caliper speaks.
motofool
Fantasy
2147th
4/12/2017 5:41pm
Im assuming you are on the list for the limited run of clamps from PC? Hopefully they are done in a few weeks they Called me last Friday and took my money and I'm itching to have them! Bike looks awesome love the flow green plastic.
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/12/2017 6:58pm
motofool wrote:
Im assuming you are on the list for the limited run of clamps from PC? Hopefully they are done in a few weeks they Called me...
Im assuming you are on the list for the limited run of clamps from PC? Hopefully they are done in a few weeks they Called me last Friday and took my money and I'm itching to have them! Bike looks awesome love the flow green plastic.
Yep, I'm on the wait list..... thanks!
ledger
4/12/2017 9:05pm
Do you think PC might make clutch/stator covers if we would do a group buy ?
Jake86
4/13/2017 3:14am
Just absolutely gorgeous
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/13/2017 7:57am
ledger wrote:
I did ask PC about a clutch cover. They have no plans on making them again. Only made them for a short time. I dont think they ever made an ignition cover.
Also asked Hinson about a clutch cover, they have no plans as they never made one before
Greenguy
4/13/2017 4:07pm
Are the PC triples going to be stock or shorten offset?
ledger
4/13/2017 5:36pm
ledger wrote:
I did ask PC about a clutch cover. They have no plans on making them again. Only made them for a short time. I dont think...
I did ask PC about a clutch cover. They have no plans on making them again. Only made them for a short time. I dont think they ever made an ignition cover.
Also asked Hinson about a clutch cover, they have no plans as they never made one before
Thank you.
Slosh 112
4/16/2017 2:20am
Nickel plated frame finally arrived today: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/27/184212/s1200_IMG_4902.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/27/184213/s1200_IMG_4903.jpg[/img]
Nickel plated frame finally arrived today:

You beat me to it! been thinking about this for a while but never pulled the trigger coz I didn't know what it would look like... DAMN IT!! haha looks fresh as tho.
4/19/2017 5:37am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 6:19am
What a beauty! And that nickel frame looks very special in the sun. Wow.

It would be nice to see the subframe and swingarm in the same colour as the frame. Would a light coloured cerakote be possible?
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/19/2017 7:09am
Details on the build:
2005 KX250
Nickle plated frame
Stripped swingarm
Dunlop MX3S tires
TCR turned down and anodized hubs
KX450F rims
Excel spokes/nipples
Flo Motorsports Ti sprocket bolts
Pro Circuit Works pipe and Ti2 carbon silcencer
Pro Circuit linkage
Pro Circuit top triple clamp and bar mount (bottom clamp on order)
Pro Circuit brake lever
Vertex Piston
V-Force 3 reed cage
Team Green Jetting
Pivot Works bearings
Mika Metals chain/sprockets
DT1 air filter
Hammerhead Designs shift lever and brake pedal
Nihilo Concepts green hoses and billet items
Acerbis flo green plastics (complete 'kit")
2016 front fender/number plate on now, but have original flo green items as well
180 decals graphics (clear backgrounds on key areas)
MotoSeat seat cover
Renthal bars/grips
Next clutch lever
Full Throttle Originals engine/brake coatings
Matrix concepts stand
Bel-Ray oild

Still waiting on:
Suspension (waiting on coatings to be completed)

Looking for the following:
Carbon frame guards
Carbon skid plate
PC lower triple clamp
PC footpegs

Bike has been so much fun to build and find parts for!
4/19/2017 8:23am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2017 8:27am
Have you used NEXT lever(s) before? How are they? Im sceptical about them because of the low price.

Edit: Checked the price, no idea where i got the feeling that they are low priced... Anyways, my questions still remains. Smile
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/19/2017 8:31am
Cooper 688 wrote:
What a beauty! And that nickel frame looks very special in the sun. Wow. It would be nice to see the subframe and swingarm in the...
What a beauty! And that nickel frame looks very special in the sun. Wow.

It would be nice to see the subframe and swingarm in the same colour as the frame. Would a light coloured cerakote be possible?
Thank you!
It would be hard to match the Nickle plate color, it deff is unique
Other issue is that frame is steel and subframe/swingarm is aluminum so that will cause differences
Im happy how the raw subframe and swingarm looks
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/19/2017 8:32am
rippinruts wrote:
Have you used NEXT lever(s) before? How are they? Im sceptical about them because of the low price. Edit: Checked the price, no idea where i...
Have you used NEXT lever(s) before? How are they? Im sceptical about them because of the low price.

Edit: Checked the price, no idea where i got the feeling that they are low priced... Anyways, my questions still remains. Smile
Yep, I have used NEXT products before and im very happy with them!
They have a lot more items in the works...
4/19/2017 8:47am
rippinruts wrote:
Have you used NEXT lever(s) before? How are they? Im sceptical about them because of the low price. Edit: Checked the price, no idea where i...

Yep, I have used NEXT products before and im very happy with them!
They have a lot more items in the works...
Is the complete clutch lever perch good also? I have read that the ARC perch makes for almost no up and down freeplay because of some extra little thing in the perch or whatever. Is the NEXT one like that also? Im really bad at thinking through what questions to ask, always end up posting multiple times lol..
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/19/2017 9:02am
rippinruts wrote:
Is the complete clutch lever perch good also? I have read that the ARC perch makes for almost no up and down freeplay because of some...
Is the complete clutch lever perch good also? I have read that the ARC perch makes for almost no up and down freeplay because of some extra little thing in the perch or whatever. Is the NEXT one like that also? Im really bad at thinking through what questions to ask, always end up posting multiple times lol..
Yes that is what I have, the complete clutch perch with lever. There is no up and down play. lever is tight in the perch. I dont know if that is what you are asking.

https://www.matrixracingproducts.com/next-smart-clutch-assembly

I did have an issue with an aftermarket clutch cable (would not allow clutch cable to fully engage on arm inside the ignition cover) So that is why there is no clutch cable on the bike in the pics. New OEM cable is on the way
4/19/2017 9:17am
Yes that is what I have, the complete clutch perch with lever. There is no up and down play. lever is tight in the perch. I...
Yes that is what I have, the complete clutch perch with lever. There is no up and down play. lever is tight in the perch. I dont know if that is what you are asking.

https://www.matrixracingproducts.com/next-smart-clutch-assembly

I did have an issue with an aftermarket clutch cable (would not allow clutch cable to fully engage on arm inside the ignition cover) So that is why there is no clutch cable on the bike in the pics. New OEM cable is on the way
Yes thats kind of what im asking. Except every clutch has very little up and down play when its new, its when it gets used that the ring where the bolt goes through (and maybe the bolt also) gets worn out. Which leads to up and down play. Maybe i misunderstood, but thats what the design of the ARC lever was gonna prevent happening. Maybe there was a video i saw about it, but i cant find it right now.
ricko
4/19/2017 1:47pm
Looks good, you find some a kit for it or just coating the stock suspension?
4/19/2017 7:59pm
Dude this thing looks crazy! My eye caught the MX32 logo though, those are either factory stickers or you hand painted them perfectly. If they're stickers, where/how'd you get those! They're sick!
slamdmini
4/19/2017 8:33pm
Dude this thing looks crazy! My eye caught the MX32 logo though, those are either factory stickers or you hand painted them perfectly. If they're stickers...
Dude this thing looks crazy! My eye caught the MX32 logo though, those are either factory stickers or you hand painted them perfectly. If they're stickers, where/how'd you get those! They're sick!
im guessing he has access to quite a few dunlop goodies
ricko
4/20/2017 7:43am
Dude this thing looks crazy! My eye caught the MX32 logo though, those are either factory stickers or you hand painted them perfectly. If they're stickers...
slamdmini wrote:
Haha yeah he's got a good in with dunlop.
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/20/2017 10:42am
ricko wrote:
Nothing crazy, just coatings on stock stuff
MOTORSPORTFOX
4/20/2017 10:44am
slamdmini wrote:
ricko wrote:
Haha yeah he's got a good in with dunlop.
Lol yea I know a guy....

I actually work for Dunlop as their amateur motocross support manager
ricko
4/20/2017 10:46am
ricko wrote:
Nothing crazy, just coatings on stock stuff
Nice, frame looks real sick btw. Would love to see it in person.

Post a reply to: 2005 KX250 (2 Stroke!) Build (+RV)

The Latest