2001 CR250 $pecial Restoration Part II - Recreation of a 1999-2000 Japan Honda Factory RC250M

6/11/2018 2:00pm
Thanks Bryon.. maybe just by sitting on it and making brrraaaappp noises, those rub marks will happen naturally. Halfway through the process it wasn't looking so great, but in the end, it accidently turned out a more perfect color than I had hoped. Pics make it look black, but in reality it is a deep grey.
6/20/2018 11:05am
The project is almost done.. just waiting for 2 more small items to arrive before I focus on my next project. I have avoided sharing pics of the whole bike until it is done but will post them in a separate thread so you can see the finished bike.

For many years, Japan HRC ran a "Honda" sticker as the first of many stickers placed in careful order on the front fender. This did this on their RCs from the mid-90's to 2001. It is a Honda OEM sticker off an obscure model not available in the US.. I forget what it is called, but one of those goofy bikes young girls buy to look cooler than an ordinary scooter. Took me a few months to find and get this sticker.
6/20/2018 11:14am
here are the pics..

The triple clamp and bolts in my hand is the real deal, but the clamp and bolts on the bike are HRC replica's. Looks close enough for this build, I think. The HRC clamp bolts are really short.. only about 60-65% of the length of the OEM bolts. The HRC clamp is for a 51mm works Showa, but I am running 47mm forks on my bike with full Showa works internals. The coatings on the internals are just as pretty as the outside of the forks.. shame they are hidden. Showa offered this for a few years to get around the production rule in the US for their factory team for the 125 class.

7/8/2018 3:32pm
I made some more progress and was hoping to have this project and this thread wrapped up by now, but also ran into a few small set backs. I have avoided showing pictures of the whole bike until it was completed, but hope to do a photo shoot soon.

After searching for almost 2 years, I finally got a new Plasti-Werks front number plate. I was very happy with the UFO plate, but this is very close to the real deal and another incremental step to making this build as authentic as possible. The corners are shaped a little differently so I have to get new plate backgrounds;

I was able to get a genuine set of Showa fork stickers with the white outline from Japan that were only handed out to the factory teams (Showa only sold decals with the black outline to mere mortals Smile ), and I also found 2 sources for replica fork stickers after a year of searching, but I could never find the smaller version of the Showa stickers used on the rear shock and the upper triple clamps, so I had BD Designs in Canada make exact replica stickers for me. Brian did an awesome job. Check them out!;

The clutch cover that I treated with acid to darken it continued to gas out for several weeks. This causes very small areas of the blackened coating to fall off. It wipes clean again with a damp rag and leaves more of a used/ worn finish. I liked the original, just coated finish I "accidently" created, but now I have accidently created a slightly worn coated finish that Bryan was suggesting. So it has evolved, and still looks good in a different way, but let's see if it finally stabilizes.

After many attempts, I was never able to obtain the HRC kill switch or ignition advance button. I found some kill switches in Japan that looked very similar to the HRC units, except they were natural silver rather than the black anodized housings that HRC used. Here the housings for 3 kill switches/ ignition advance buttons ready to go off to the anodizer..

The Shop

7/8/2018 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2018 11:13am
The rear axles spacers that I prepared so carefully were totally messed up by the anodizer. I stripped the, carefully polished them, washed/ degreased them, then put them in sealed bags with a note explaining that were polished already degreased and not to use acid to degrease and etch them. I also repeated this is a separate note that described and had a picture of the bright green I was looking for. Fail safe? I guess the anodizer could not read or has trouble with directions, as he soaked them in acid so long that the etching is deep and the surface rough. The color couldn't have been off any more.. a deep forest green.. one shade away from black. Here are the spacers along with an actual HRC spacer with the correct color.

Like the spacers, I also spent hours polishing these triple clamps by hand and had the same note not to dip in acid which he did anyway, but at least the color is passable. A lot of wasted hours polishing.. the axle spacers are not passable and will have to be re-stripped, re-polished and anodized the correct green like HRC used. However, I have seen too much poor anodizing work done, that I will do it myself this time. I have had the chemicals to do it for over a year, just need to set up the anodizing tanks.

make1go
7/8/2018 7:54pm
amazing level of detail and workmanship.
Chance1216
7/21/2018 9:50am
I can only imagine your frustration. Your knowledge of HRC is incredible. I gotta say I check my phone once a day hoping for updates on this build as I'm constantly learning something new. Just wondering if you had any motor work done to your bike and would care to share. Thanks
7/21/2018 10:44am
Chance1216 wrote:
I can only imagine your frustration. Your knowledge of HRC is incredible. I gotta say I check my phone once a day hoping for updates on...
I can only imagine your frustration. Your knowledge of HRC is incredible. I gotta say I check my phone once a day hoping for updates on this build as I'm constantly learning something new. Just wondering if you had any motor work done to your bike and would care to share. Thanks
I would really like to finish it and get the pics up of the complete bike.. she is really something to look at and the outcome has exceeded my expectations.. there are 4 things I need to do to finalize that are taking some time;
1. The HRC green rear wheel spacers - I am in the process of setting up my own anodizing line. I have been meaning to do this for 3 years and the problems with commercial anodizers lately has given me the kick in the butt to finally set up my own small home anodizing line.. the related equipment is arriving as we speak... heaters, bubblers, lead cathode plates, titanium hanging wire, DC power source, etc.
2. The HRC kill button/ ignition advance buttons - this is an essential final detail for me - the housings I sent out to be anodized black should be ready in the coming days.. this is one color I think they cant screw up. The ignition advance button will be a dummy button with the wires leading to a dead end under the tank.
3. The Plasti-Werks front number plate - it took me over 2 years to find one. It is great they are making them again! I had to order new background decals and the 2nd set was a different shade green that didn't match the side plates so they had to reprint and this whole thing is taking over a month to get squared away.
4. HRC replica titanium footpeg mount bolts.. the specs taken from actual HRC peg mount bolts are with the machinist and waiting to be machined.. this is taking many months

The cylinder is not modified or ported and that is the thing about this motor.. it doesn't need anything. I did do a lot of testing with bolt on parts.. exhaust valve covers, pipes, reed valves, gearing. First thing to do is get that Mikuni carb squared away with the "magic" jetting specs from the race team. It is a nightmare carb in stick tune but with the right parts, it is a great cab that according to Honda makes 1hp more than the Keihin PWK. A Vforce valve will give a little more lower end torque and smooth the hit. this motor really responds dramatically to exhaust changes. The taller exhaust valve cover will smooth the hit and give a little more lower end. The 2001 OEM pipe (different than the 2000 model) gives incredible top end and the HRC team ended up copying the OEM pipe! I have even seen the factory run the OEM pipe with the paint stripped off at some races over the HRC pipe. I also liked the FMF SST pipe.. it kept quite a bit of the top end, but smoothed the power and added more mid and low over the stock. A good compromise if you race a lot as the smooth strong power wont wear you out. I also just tried the FMF Narly pipe and didn't like it at all... took away more than it gave back and not a great choice for MX but fine for enduro.
H4L
7/21/2018 11:05am
Tokyo-Tiddler - Good info. Like you I found the SST pipe to be the best option after buying a new 01 CR2 in Mar. of that yr..
I tried different pipes as well & found the SST to be a better option than the oem. Another thing I found out as well was the Mikuni tmx provided more power over the Keihin PWK. The tmx when jetted correctly will make more power especially in the mid-top in comparison. I'm in the minority & prefer the tmx over the pwk for that reason.

My local engine tuner recommended lowering the cyl. .010" & also shaving the surface of the head another .010" to replicate the 93-96 CR2's powerband. There is a misconception about the 01 engine having a strong lowend, but Honda changed the oem porting specs in the cyl. to be geared towards mid-top.

Not a big fan of the 01, but your build is exceptional on the details to an HRC bike. Good job..
7/21/2018 11:10am
CrGuy2T wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/21/276045/s1200_0F785C47_0DF2_4C4F_9D2C_595B67226638.jpg[/img]

Hi CRGUY.. I found a couple of those covers. these are the clutch covers that Honda sold to the general public in the early to mid 1990's. It has the adjustable power valve for which the parts are hard to find today. These covers were not used on the RC's of the late 1990's or early 2000's.

mike
7/21/2018 11:38am
H4L wrote:
Tokyo-Tiddler - Good info. Like you I found the SST pipe to be the best option after buying a new 01 CR2 in Mar. of that...
Tokyo-Tiddler - Good info. Like you I found the SST pipe to be the best option after buying a new 01 CR2 in Mar. of that yr..
I tried different pipes as well & found the SST to be a better option than the oem. Another thing I found out as well was the Mikuni tmx provided more power over the Keihin PWK. The tmx when jetted correctly will make more power especially in the mid-top in comparison. I'm in the minority & prefer the tmx over the pwk for that reason.

My local engine tuner recommended lowering the cyl. .010" & also shaving the surface of the head another .010" to replicate the 93-96 CR2's powerband. There is a misconception about the 01 engine having a strong lowend, but Honda changed the oem porting specs in the cyl. to be geared towards mid-top.

Not a big fan of the 01, but your build is exceptional on the details to an HRC bike. Good job..
Yeah.. too bad FMF doesn't make the SST anymore for this bike.. way better than the Gnarly even if they look so similar.

Why don't you like the 01? I haven't ridden a better 2T motor and I have ridden them all except the new KTMs and Huskys.

The 2001 doesn't have that weak of a bottom either although not its strong point for sure. The exhaust valve cover and SST pipe combo made the bottom good enough with better response for the doubles right after a slow tight corner. This was important to me for the tracks I rode and it was perfect. When the 2002 and 2003 CRF450's came out, they had trouble doing the doubles out of corners that the 2001 2T did with ease.. the dam things would bog and didn't have the response of the 2T.

Very true that the OEM 2001 porting and pipe specs favored mod to top and they sure did deliver on that. There used to be a long slightly right-hand curving fast straight at the Saitama track where Pit Beier crashed big on his Kawi and hit and injured the spectators at a Japan GP. In stock form, the bike would pull the front wheel up high in 4th and 5th gear on that straight like an animal. With the SST pipe and the taller exhaust valve cover, the beast was tamed a bit and you no longer had to rear wheel steer it down the straight. Not as fun, but took a lot less energy when racing.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
7/21/2018 11:52am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2018 11:53am
Awesome build. I have a 2000 cr 250 i also bought as a project. It was a budget build at first then i ended up spending little more money then i thought. Im still not done. Tons of little things id like to purchase still, i got to the point i just wanted to ride it. Ive got 4 rides on mine so far and its just as much fun now as it was back in 2000 when i owned one also. I do agree with the sst pipe and exhaust cover makes a huge difference on how this bike runs. Its a beast, just smoother and dosent want to rip the bars out of your hands.This is my first bike back after taking 10 years off and i couldn't be happier. Next thing is im doing is some custom graphics and then little things here and there. Luckily when i bought this project i two spare sst pipes. They both have a slight crack near the bend at the bottom but a easy tig weld and its good to go!
If anyone has a airbox for a 00-01 cr 250 please message me as mine the tabs are all broken off.
7/21/2018 12:01pm
I originally thought the SST concept was a gimic.. really simple mod on the interior.. but they do work! Nice bike. These are always nice looking bikes when done right.
mxracer71
Fantasy
2449th
7/21/2018 12:19pm
Thanks Tokyo! I do like this generation of hondas the best. Ive owned the 98 which still had a good motor, chassis was crap, i owned a 2003 which i didn't care for at all, it was a short shifting turd. Only problem with these two years is it was only 2 years! So finding parts, graphics can be a bit of a challenge which you are facing now. Love the bike and the attention to detail!
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
7/21/2018 12:51pm
Holy Smokes! This project is so awesome......

Great job.
H4L
7/21/2018 3:25pm
Yeah.. too bad FMF doesn't make the SST anymore for this bike.. way better than the Gnarly even if they look so similar. Why don't you...
Yeah.. too bad FMF doesn't make the SST anymore for this bike.. way better than the Gnarly even if they look so similar.

Why don't you like the 01? I haven't ridden a better 2T motor and I have ridden them all except the new KTMs and Huskys.

The 2001 doesn't have that weak of a bottom either although not its strong point for sure. The exhaust valve cover and SST pipe combo made the bottom good enough with better response for the doubles right after a slow tight corner. This was important to me for the tracks I rode and it was perfect. When the 2002 and 2003 CRF450's came out, they had trouble doing the doubles out of corners that the 2001 2T did with ease.. the dam things would bog and didn't have the response of the 2T.

Very true that the OEM 2001 porting and pipe specs favored mod to top and they sure did deliver on that. There used to be a long slightly right-hand curving fast straight at the Saitama track where Pit Beier crashed big on his Kawi and hit and injured the spectators at a Japan GP. In stock form, the bike would pull the front wheel up high in 4th and 5th gear on that straight like an animal. With the SST pipe and the taller exhaust valve cover, the beast was tamed a bit and you no longer had to rear wheel steer it down the straight. Not as fun, but took a lot less energy when racing.
Don't want to derail your thread..
Yep. Have also owned or ridden pretty much all the 250 2t's except a TM. The 02-07 Honda, KTM. Husky & TM all come with a case reed engine. They actually make more power (aprox. 5 + hp) than the traditional induction fed cyl..

In my case the best engine I've owned or ridden has been an 03 CR2 with PC mods..

As far as me not being a fan of the 01 CR2 model is due to the rigidity of the frame & not being a good turning bike. Had an 97 model prior & felt it wasn't that much of an improvement over the 1st gen AF..

If you look at the 1st 97-99 & 2nd 00-01 gen AF's side by side they appear to be the same dimensions. The only visual noticeable difference appears to be the 2nd gen AF has narrower twin spars. If you compare them to the 3rd gen 02-07 AF there is a noticeable difference in the bend of the AF. Honda also moved the dimensions of the neck area to similiar specs of the 93 steely frame which was an excellent turning chassis. The 3rd gen AF is the best chassis I've ridden on to date with good flex & turning characteristics.
Chance1216
7/21/2018 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2018 10:32pm
Chance1216 wrote:
I can only imagine your frustration. Your knowledge of HRC is incredible. I gotta say I check my phone once a day hoping for updates on...
I would really like to finish it and get the pics up of the complete bike.. she is really something to look at and the outcome...
I would really like to finish it and get the pics up of the complete bike.. she is really something to look at and the outcome has exceeded my expectations.. there are 4 things I need to do to finalize that are taking some time;
1. The HRC green rear wheel spacers - I am in the process of setting up my own anodizing line. I have been meaning to do this for 3 years and the problems with commercial anodizers lately has given me the kick in the butt to finally set up my own small home anodizing line.. the related equipment is arriving as we speak... heaters, bubblers, lead cathode plates, titanium hanging wire, DC power source, etc.
2. The HRC kill button/ ignition advance buttons - this is an essential final detail for me - the housings I sent out to be anodized black should be ready in the coming days.. this is one color I think they cant screw up. The ignition advance button will be a dummy button with the wires leading to a dead end under the tank.
3. The Plasti-Werks front number plate - it took me over 2 years to find one. It is great they are making them again! I had to order new background decals and the 2nd set was a different shade green that didn't match the side plates so they had to reprint and this whole thing is taking over a month to get squared away.
4. HRC replica titanium footpeg mount bolts.. the specs taken from actual HRC peg mount bolts are with the machinist and waiting to be machined.. this is taking many months

The cylinder is not modified or ported and that is the thing about this motor.. it doesn't need anything. I did do a lot of testing with bolt on parts.. exhaust valve covers, pipes, reed valves, gearing. First thing to do is get that Mikuni carb squared away with the "magic" jetting specs from the race team. It is a nightmare carb in stick tune but with the right parts, it is a great cab that according to Honda makes 1hp more than the Keihin PWK. A Vforce valve will give a little more lower end torque and smooth the hit. this motor really responds dramatically to exhaust changes. The taller exhaust valve cover will smooth the hit and give a little more lower end. The 2001 OEM pipe (different than the 2000 model) gives incredible top end and the HRC team ended up copying the OEM pipe! I have even seen the factory run the OEM pipe with the paint stripped off at some races over the HRC pipe. I also liked the FMF SST pipe.. it kept quite a bit of the top end, but smoothed the power and added more mid and low over the stock. A good compromise if you race a lot as the smooth strong power wont wear you out. I also just tried the FMF Narly pipe and didn't like it at all... took away more than it gave back and not a great choice for MX but fine for enduro.
I've been running a FMF fatty since day one. I purchased the bike thanksgiving 2 years ago from the original owner and wasn't able to ride it since its basically rainy season in Seattle(I miss So Cal!). The bike was almost completely stock with the stock pipe and a P/C spark arrestor. It had a dent in it so I figured I'd replace it. Went FMF because of the rain. I'll eventually get around to sending the stock pipe off for repair as I keep hearing more and more about the stock pipe being superior. I looked around for what was a close match to stock characteristics and the fatty seemed ok. Pulls pretty good but seems to not have the most over rev.I know I shouldn't believe what I read all the time but issues with detonation kept coming up in several forums running the SST. I didn't want to end up spending the extra money for race fuel either since most of what I do is single track. Also with the jetting issues of the TMX. I figured I might as well grab a PWK because of different elevations trail riding.I have the magic numbers for the TMX. Its since been cleaned up and re jetted. ?. Yet to get a chance to go riding. and test it.Digging in a bit more found the reed pedals were chipped. Went V Force. I'm very happy with the bike as it sits. Just didn't know which direction to go from the beginning. Having a little extra money and no time ride with so much rain and work I started adding a lot of things trying to make it nicer ithen it was when I got it. I really wish the cut off year for parts wasn't 02. So many parts are available for 02-07 that aren't for the 00-01 run. Your build and the treasure hunt you've been on added to the holy cow factor seeing what you've accomplished along the way of this thread.I was tempted to get porting done.However keeping a decent motor stock seemed to make more sense after a lot of pondering. Thank you for the posts. Its been very intriguing and quite the history class . Sorry for the long winded message. Yes the 01 CR 250 is one of the nicest bikes out there. Even being 17 years old it'll still pull a new YZ.
7/22/2018 12:55am
H4L,

I will have to respectively disagree on the turning and rigidity and I can only assume you missed on the suspension set up on your bike (the stock fork valving had serious issues). For a number of year before I bought the 2001 CR250, I had switched to Suzuki's because one of my closest friends in Japan worked for Suzuki. I had 3 RM125's and 3 RM250's just before I bought the CR and we all know how well the RMs turn. After setting up my CR, it gave up nothing to my RMs in the corners and was a heck of a lot more stable on the straights. I did run the 20" wheel which did help turning on dry tracks. My opinion is that there is a huge difference between the first gen frame (which was overbuilt) and the 2nd gen. I don't like riding 1st gens and think they vibrate too much.. the 2nd gen was a major change and cured most of the first gen flaws. While the 3rd gen frame may look different, I only find it incrementally better and would not be a major driver of liking one over the other.

In fact, when Honda first developed the 3rd gen frame, they had 4 pre-production 2002's and 3 new 2001's for all the Honda factory and support riders to compare the two bikes back to back on the Honda track at the same time, before the 2002 release. They let me join in the testing. I liked the handling and front brake of the 2002, but only very slightly better than the 2001, but the engine was a deal breaker for me.. it felt like a sewing machine or a 125 on steroids.. there was no typical 250 hit, little grunt at low rpm.

mike
H4L
7/22/2018 6:36am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 7:06am
H4L, I will have to respectively disagree on the turning and rigidity and I can only assume you missed on the suspension set up on your...
H4L,

I will have to respectively disagree on the turning and rigidity and I can only assume you missed on the suspension set up on your bike (the stock fork valving had serious issues). For a number of year before I bought the 2001 CR250, I had switched to Suzuki's because one of my closest friends in Japan worked for Suzuki. I had 3 RM125's and 3 RM250's just before I bought the CR and we all know how well the RMs turn. After setting up my CR, it gave up nothing to my RMs in the corners and was a heck of a lot more stable on the straights. I did run the 20" wheel which did help turning on dry tracks. My opinion is that there is a huge difference between the first gen frame (which was overbuilt) and the 2nd gen. I don't like riding 1st gens and think they vibrate too much.. the 2nd gen was a major change and cured most of the first gen flaws. While the 3rd gen frame may look different, I only find it incrementally better and would not be a major driver of liking one over the other.

In fact, when Honda first developed the 3rd gen frame, they had 4 pre-production 2002's and 3 new 2001's for all the Honda factory and support riders to compare the two bikes back to back on the Honda track at the same time, before the 2002 release. They let me join in the testing. I liked the handling and front brake of the 2002, but only very slightly better than the 2001, but the engine was a deal breaker for me.. it felt like a sewing machine or a 125 on steroids.. there was no typical 250 hit, little grunt at low rpm.

mike
Mike,
NP.. It sounds like we have had different experiences. RC's HRC 02 CR2 bike was making around 59 HP if I recall & went 24-0 in the outdoors. I agree in stock form the engine feels a little sluggish off the lowend, but with some minor work it's like waking up a sleeping giant. Looking forward to the finish of your project.

Chance1216 - The issue with the SST pipe was the configuration of the stinger section on the pipe as it would raise the temp of the piston crown area. The key to running the SST pipe is using 1-2 sizes bigger on the MJ. The bigger jet will keep the crown of the piston cooler. If I recall I ran a 430 mj on the 01 CR2 in my area & never had any issues.
7/22/2018 11:30am
No worries H4L.. we cant expect everyone to have the same opinion, even if it may be hard to understand. It wasn't the engine comment, it was the turning comment that I reacted to.. Anyway, citing peak HP figures doesn't tell the whole story and the gen 3 motor was known to be a dyno queen that could be made to work on the track after a lot of modification and we cant then compare the highly modified motor to a mostly stock 2001 without getting into an unproductive apples and oranges debate. And we pretty much know those wins were more Carmichael than the bike because he was winning on anything he rode in those days. Fred Bolley also won the MXGP championship on the previous gen so perhaps that is not the best metric to judge one production bike over another.

Chance: I never had the slightest problem with detonation with the SST pipe with the same TMX jetting specs I used for the last 18 years. Worked great in Japan and worked great in New Jersey. I would guess that the carb would be to be fairly lean to run into detonation with a pipe change.
Chance1216
7/22/2018 11:38am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 1:12pm
Tokyo Tiddler, H4L. Thank you for the clarification. I appreciate it.
H4L
7/22/2018 12:01pm
No worries on my end. That is why I was reluctant to answer your question since I didn't want to derail your post. I fully understood as you touched on both topics of turning & also the engine being a deal breaker for you. I just replied is all..
Enjoy your build...
7/22/2018 3:38pm
I am derailing my own thread now Wink I know some people like broccoli as a vegetable Smile and if you think the 2002 engine is better than a 2001 and that the 2001 is an ill cornering machine, all is fair.. now go eat some broccoli! Smile
H4L
7/22/2018 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2018 4:50pm
I don't like broccoli ! Laughing

I like asparagus though..
Even though I'm not a fan of the 01 I can appreciate your hard work & dedication you're putting into the build. Cool
7/28/2018 5:10am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 5:13am
Got a bunch of original Honda "HART" stickers from Japan.. bought all the guy had. I believe I have more than $1k into just stickers on this bike. The Japanese-English on the sticker doesn't make much sense.. "Active Riders' Terminal" ??.. they just like to use the English to make it look more international I guess. I didn't want my front fender all cluttered up like the actual factory bikes so I put the sticker on the front number plate. I have no problem making a few visual improvements over what the factory team actually did Wink

Swapped out the front number plate for the more correct Plasti Werks piece which also allowed me to get rid of the 2nd brake line guide.. only thing missing from this shot is the HRC kill switch and ignition advance buttons.. hopefully will have them on there soon and the project will be complete. yoo--hoo--!

ledger
7/29/2018 1:54am
Looking good Tokyo. I would have to put it in a display case if it was mine.
8/31/2018 4:23am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2018 4:27am
Trying to finish up I few last additions to this build.. here is a set of HRC replica titanium footpeg mount bolts and a titanium power valve retainer bolt (not HRC replica). I had a friend measure the specs of an actual HRC bolt and Stevie Denton machined some exact copies in titanium for me. Thanks Stevie!

The M12 HRC footpeg mount bolts have a much smaller and lower profile head than the huge steel OEM bolts. The bolt is a unique profile that opens up a lot of space in the footpeg mount area giving a very different look.

Here is an NOS HRC front brake lever I just got. This will go on my CRF450. I am not sure what it is made of but it sure isn't the OEM aluminum lever. It is heavier than OEM, darker color metal and a unique feel that I was wondering if it were titanium or a special type of aluminum alloy. The adjuster bolt is titanium for sure. Not sure what the 15.5 marking means.. I am guessing it is the "reach" of the lever.

Here are the freshly machined aluminum housings for 3 replica HRC killswitches/ ignition advance buttons I am making. They will be anodized black with the new anodizing line I just set up. I will post some pics of my new anodizing tank set up. Took me a few months to pull all the parts and chemicals together to set up the small anodizing line.

Post a reply to: 2001 CR250 $pecial Restoration Part II - Recreation of a 1999-2000 Japan Honda Factory RC250M

The Latest