2 years 2 empty stadiums for Dodger.

40Plus_922mx
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:33pm
Wow looking at the broadcast coveeage the place was really thin. I know the weather played a part. But I would bet Dodgers will be like Jacksoneville. Something about it where the seats will always be hard to sell. Bring back A3.
|
mxb2
1/22/2012 9:22am
Wow looking at the broadcast coveeage the place was really thin. I know the weather played a part. But I would bet Dodgers will be like...
Wow looking at the broadcast coveeage the place was really thin. I know the weather played a part. But I would bet Dodgers will be like Jacksoneville. Something about it where the seats will always be hard to sell. Bring back A3.
Yea screw the east coast get another round in cali!
leighracer
1/22/2012 9:58am
Wow looking at the broadcast coveeage the place was really thin. I know the weather played a part. But I would bet Dodgers will be like...
I agree, it's a failed experiment. I personally wouldn't bother with putting money in Frank McCord's pocket or worrying about having my truck stolen from Chavez Latrine, JMHO...
MX_Andrew83
1/22/2012 10:02am
mxb2 wrote:
Agreed obviously there are enough races in Cali, let see another actual east coast round. (not Midwest)

The Shop

jwhitemx15
1/22/2012 10:03am
Ya... let's go to that dump that is Dodger stadium again and race to a half empty stadium instead of giving Indianapolis 2 rounds to a packed house.

Makes no sense to me at all.
Flatliner
1/22/2012 10:05am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 10:05am
I'm confused as to why california gets so many rounds as is. Personally they should move at least half of the cali rounds east. Ditch Toronto, and move it to Montreal.
DoctorJD
1/22/2012 10:05am
Atlanta II
Has a nice ring to it.
machine
1/22/2012 10:07am
mxb2 wrote:
It's a California series not a "national" series, didn't ya know man.
1/22/2012 10:20am
Flatliner wrote:
I'm confused as to why california gets so many rounds as is. Personally they should move at least half of the cali rounds east. Ditch Toronto...
I'm confused as to why california gets so many rounds as is. Personally they should move at least half of the cali rounds east. Ditch Toronto, and move it to Montreal.
Because the races are at night in the middle of winter.
jwhitemx15
1/22/2012 10:23am
Plenty of indoor stadiums out east to accommodate racing during the winter. What happened to Ford Field in Detroit?? Indy? Atlanta? Metrodome in Minneapolis? Heinz Field in April would be a better choice than snowy Salt Lake City.
Hando
1/22/2012 10:24am
Motocross is really big in the Northeast...it might not be California big but it's plenty big

No reason why there shouldn't be a race in NYC, Boston or Philly........real talk
uk125250
1/22/2012 10:28am
Hando wrote:
Motocross is really big in the Northeast...it might not be California big but it's plenty big No reason why there shouldn't be a race in NYC...
Motocross is really big in the Northeast...it might not be California big but it's plenty big

No reason why there shouldn't be a race in NYC, Boston or Philly........real talk
Don't see why there is not a later round up east.
berno929
Fantasy
2519th
1/22/2012 10:29am
Flatliner wrote:
I'm confused as to why california gets so many rounds as is. Personally they should move at least half of the cali rounds east. Ditch Toronto...
I don't think they could even have it in Montreal anymore... It's always been an issue because of the existing Montreal SX but even if they'd want the real SX in there I don't know if Feld would want it to happen. The technology in the stadium sucks - half the people can't hear anything being said by the announcers and the screens are way outdated... + they'd have to translate most things in French. The hardcore SX fans from Quebec make the trip to TO and the crowd there is good and still growing... I live near Montreal but I have to say Toronto is the only option on Canada right now.
Muezh
1/22/2012 10:31am
Pontiac is still there sitting empty. Why???
dirtnapper
1/22/2012 10:31am
Flatliner wrote:
SCREW THAT!! Come to Edmonton!!
PRM31
1/22/2012 10:32am
How about one in the NE? Nothing remotely close to Virginia right now.
Flatliner
1/22/2012 10:32am
Flatliner wrote:
berno929 wrote:
I don't think they could even have it in Montreal anymore... It's always been an issue because of the existing Montreal SX but even if they'd...
I don't think they could even have it in Montreal anymore... It's always been an issue because of the existing Montreal SX but even if they'd want the real SX in there I don't know if Feld would want it to happen. The technology in the stadium sucks - half the people can't hear anything being said by the announcers and the screens are way outdated... + they'd have to translate most things in French. The hardcore SX fans from Quebec make the trip to TO and the crowd there is good and still growing... I live near Montreal but I have to say Toronto is the only option on Canada right now.
Fair enough. It was just a thought.
Flatliner
1/22/2012 10:33am
Flatliner wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
SCREW THAT!! Come to Edmonton!!
Lack of a large indoor stadium.
jeffro503
1/22/2012 10:35am
I would like to see the series spread out a little more too.....but you guys have to figure in the weather. For a lot of the country at this time during the year.....the roads can be pretty damn bad going from city to city.

I don't care for all the rounds in California either.....but it's close to 90% of the teams head quarters and sponsors. It sucks.....but basically that's where everyone is at when we talk about this sport.

FWIW.....I dig the east coast rounds a lot more. I like the dirt better and the tracks just seem better all the way around.
Clutchy
1/22/2012 10:35am
Yes because you can die in the parking lot.......
babba boey
1/22/2012 10:36am
Hando wrote:
Motocross is really big in the Northeast...it might not be California big but it's plenty big No reason why there shouldn't be a race in NYC...

You can thank the unions for not having any Supercross in the Northeast.
smc916
1/22/2012 10:36am
How many domed stadiums are there on the east coast that could hold a supercross? An open air stadium like what we have on the west coast wouldn't cut it unless the riders agreed to use snowmobiles...
Gukamonster
1/22/2012 10:44am
New York City, race in mid/late-April during the day. Or Boston, Philadephia, Pittsburgh, Washington D.C., Baltimore, etc. Probably worth trying at least once to see how it works.
Hando
1/22/2012 10:47am
Hando wrote:

babba boey wrote:
ive heard this as well.
chrisbuehler
1/22/2012 10:48am
babba boey wrote:
Educate me on why? Serious question not sarcasm
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2768th
1/22/2012 10:51am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2012 10:53am
Maybe they should put burritos and tequila on the menu. sorry couldnt resist,,,,lol
Pdub
1/22/2012 10:55am
babba boey wrote:
I'm gonna guess that babby boey is speculating that union wages make it too expensive for the promoters to consider the Northeast facilities. I'M going to speculate differently, that the promoters are too cheap to pay union wages...
Mstock
1/22/2012 10:55am
Does it really matter? It's not like the riders get paid from the ticket sales. Plus it is better for the fans that do attend.....they can move around and see different angles. Try doing that at Atlanta.
babba boey
1/22/2012 11:04am
babba boey wrote:
Pdub wrote:
I'm gonna guess that babby boey is speculating that union wages make it too expensive for the promoters to consider the Northeast facilities. I'M going to...
I'm gonna guess that babby boey is speculating that union wages make it too expensive for the promoters to consider the Northeast facilities. I'M going to speculate differently, that the promoters are too cheap to pay union wages...
You also need twice the labor force because of the way the unions run. I worked at Saint Louis a union hal, it took twice as long to do the job and required more workers than at any other stadium that year. You would also need union operators to build the track.
40Plus_922mx
1/22/2012 12:41pm
Hey eastcoast. You have 8 rounds just like us. You wont come here or moved outta here cause Cali sux right? So stop the whining. Yes bring A3 back. It sells tickets. All that matters.

Post a reply to: 2 years 2 empty stadiums for Dodger.

The Latest