2 things to make RBSR better

Never ever do enhanced audio.
Whatever idiot thought of that has no idea you need to do nothing to 2 stroke music.

Go back to listening to your lame autotune rappers.

Eric Wright and Too Short and Tupac or Biggie or Ice Cube didn't need autotune.

And do whatever it takes to get JS 259 off the couch.

In 2018 RBSR sounded Much better.

https://youtu.be/VFC4CT36ekw
|
10/8/2019 6:27am
I get what they were going for with the "enhanced audio", but the outcome was just atrocious.
philG
10/8/2019 6:29am
I get what they were going for with the "enhanced audio", but the outcome was just atrocious.
Its not like its something new... it always sounds awful on everything.
Casting
10/8/2019 6:46am
It's amazing to me that they did not test the audio before the broadcast.

30 seconds of testing would show them "this sounds like a chainsaw, nothing like a dirt bike"

Crush
10/8/2019 6:46am
Sounds like it won't matter. Swap and Anton were just saying it's done.

The Shop

Casting
10/8/2019 7:37am
Crush wrote:

As in the event won't run in 2020?

I can see why people would be bummed, and maybe it doesn't reflect well on the state of the sport, but just to be honest, the event doesn't hold my attention or interest.

I watched up until RV got eliminated by Parker Mashburn, and then watched the highlights the next day.

The off season races rarely do it for me, I prefer a championship series.

That being said, the Red Bull guys are awesome for the sport.
Ted722
10/8/2019 7:45am
Casting wrote:
It's amazing to me that they did not test the audio before the broadcast. 30 seconds of testing would show them "this sounds like a chainsaw...
It's amazing to me that they did not test the audio before the broadcast.

30 seconds of testing would show them "this sounds like a chainsaw, nothing like a dirt bike"

But! To the kids that's never ridden a dirtbike..."hey, those bikes sound just like my moto video games, Dad!"

Poor kid, only has Dad's moto video games from the 80's.
Stuntman949
10/8/2019 7:50am
Crush wrote:

Casting wrote:
As in the event won't run in 2020? I can see why people would be bummed, and maybe it doesn't reflect well on the state of...

I can see why people would be bummed, and maybe it doesn't reflect well on the state of the sport, but just to be honest, the event doesn't hold my attention or interest.

I watched up until RV got eliminated by Parker Mashburn, and then watched the highlights the next day.

But its more entertaining than MEC...
therealhammer
10/8/2019 8:05am
Never ever do enhanced audio. Whatever idiot thought of that has no idea you need to do nothing to 2 stroke music. Go back to listening...
Whatever idiot thought of that has no idea you need to do nothing to 2 stroke music.

Fully agree and I take the blame , I was told it was going to be good and I just didn’t have time to listen to it . I was running around trying to do to much and that one slipped by .. I thought it was pretty rough .. the intent was there just didn’t pan out . They can’t all be winners but it still was fun right ?

SigPig
10/8/2019 8:17am
The sound last year from the Lectron equipped 125's and the hopped up RedBull KTM's was amazing. No idea why they would mess with perfection.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/8/2019 8:56am
Casting wrote:
As in the event won't run in 2020? I can see why people would be bummed, and maybe it doesn't reflect well on the state of...

The event in the past was a bit repetitive, but this year was different, it was very compelling to see the riders on different equipment and how they adapted. Way better than just another off-season race.

A really interesting aspect of it was that I was able to watch guys ride that I ever really watched closely before, like Hartranft. Since they weren't banging bars you could really get a sense of style from each guy.

This year's event would be hard to top that's for sure.
SoCalMX70
10/8/2019 9:57am
Crush wrote:

Can you please elaborate?
sandtrack315
10/8/2019 10:03am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 10:05am
Come on, watching Pastrana flip a 500, then do that quad, and win that first race, was amazing. All the bikes and gear looked awesome, too. I like that someone like Hansen can show up and be competitive because it takes such a specific / unique skill-set to go fast on that track.

The main thing that needs to change is Monster / Rockstar athletes showing up. I think the two-stroke only thing was cool, but it does create a barrier to entry, as it's not easy to build a fast 250 two stroke that can make it through the whoops. It also certainly created a more uneven playing field than if everyone was on 450s, since I am sure some of those bikes are better builds than others. Being on a KTM seems like a huge advantage. Having said that, it was cool to see riders actually struggle with doing jumps / timing. If it was four strokes, everyone would have done that triple-quad.
newmann
10/8/2019 10:06am
Just need to do one thing to make it better. Call it the Red Bull Straight Million...
aual4518
10/8/2019 10:17am
I think that Redbull accomplishes what they want to with this event. It's a cool, laid back day where everyone has fun and doesn't take themselves too seriously. The stands looked fairly packed this year too but I know that doesn't always matter to dollars and cents.

I think they could run this and be successful until all of the racers start to think of it as a serious event and the jokes and fun go away with it. That's probably when people will stop caring and it won't be as different of an event then anything else in the off-season.
10/8/2019 10:23am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 10:26am
Never ever do enhanced audio. Whatever idiot thought of that has no idea you need to do nothing to 2 stroke music. Go back to listening...

Fully agree and I take the blame , I was told it was going to be good and I just didn’t have time to listen to...
Fully agree and I take the blame , I was told it was going to be good and I just didn’t have time to listen to it . I was running around trying to do to much and that one slipped by .. I thought it was pretty rough .. the intent was there just didn’t pan out . They can’t all be winners but it still was fun right ?

Fun? It's by far my favorite event of the year.
Even more so with all the 2 strokes.

You hold it, we're there. "Just send me location"
10/8/2019 10:30am
Both. Is that allowed?

Last year McElrath and Dungey were going for it.
James is a 2 stroke guy and it would be good to see.

If 259 actually trained for it, I wouldn't bet against him.
10/8/2019 11:18am
Love the event. Would like to see one on the east coast eventually. Thunder valley drag way in tenn or maybe Charlotte would be cool!
10/8/2019 11:56am
If they do enhanced audio the main trackside audio feed needs to be muted.

Also, if they're only going to provide one audio feed with 2 bikes on the track they need to label, during the run, who has the audio feed. It's a mind fuck trying to figure out which bike the audio is coming from when they're a bike length apart.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/8/2019 12:02pm
If they do enhanced audio the main trackside audio feed needs to be muted. Also, if they're only going to provide one audio feed with 2...
If they do enhanced audio the main trackside audio feed needs to be muted.

Also, if they're only going to provide one audio feed with 2 bikes on the track they need to label, during the run, who has the audio feed. It's a mind fuck trying to figure out which bike the audio is coming from when they're a bike length apart.
The enhanced audio sounded like a piezo pickup mounted to the engine case, all moving parts and no exhaust pressure wave.
kiwifan
10/8/2019 12:34pm
Come on, watching Pastrana flip a 500, then do that quad, and win that first race, was amazing. All the bikes and gear looked awesome, too...
Come on, watching Pastrana flip a 500, then do that quad, and win that first race, was amazing. All the bikes and gear looked awesome, too. I like that someone like Hansen can show up and be competitive because it takes such a specific / unique skill-set to go fast on that track.

The main thing that needs to change is Monster / Rockstar athletes showing up. I think the two-stroke only thing was cool, but it does create a barrier to entry, as it's not easy to build a fast 250 two stroke that can make it through the whoops. It also certainly created a more uneven playing field than if everyone was on 450s, since I am sure some of those bikes are better builds than others. Being on a KTM seems like a huge advantage. Having said that, it was cool to see riders actually struggle with doing jumps / timing. If it was four strokes, everyone would have done that triple-quad.
Being on a KTM is a huge advantage? Seemed to be being on an old CR was a huge advantage (Roczen and Hanny) lol
Sir
10/8/2019 1:01pm
Only one thing needed to make it better - a longer whoop section.
sandtrack315
10/8/2019 2:56pm
kiwifan wrote:
Being on a KTM is a huge advantage? Seemed to be being on an old CR was a huge advantage (Roczen and Hanny) lol
Ask Seely if he wishes he had that carburetor versus fuel injection! But yes, those old CR's looked pretty darn good.
Crush
10/8/2019 3:50pm
Crush wrote:

Casting wrote:

But its more entertaining than MEC...
Yeah I think they basically said Hammer was like that's it, we've done what we could. Think they were over it or thought it was done before the two strokes, a couple more years from that and now over.

I don't agree, but I don't know what metric they use to make such decisions either.
ocscottie
10/8/2019 4:13pm
RedBull makes the world a better place, been saying it for years. Cool
SoCalMX70
10/8/2019 7:54pm
PBRvince wrote:
Legends race
There's a reason 45+ year old guys aren't doing this thing. It's still gnarly, and not worth the risk. I bet MC laughed if anyone asked him if he was up for it.

Post a reply to: 2 things to make RBSR better

The Latest