2 days of racing at Glen Helen on 1/19 and 1/20 who is going?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/13/2019 8:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 8:50 AM

Yup, REM on Saturday and on Sunday it is the first race of the season for OTHG on the main track and American Retro Cross on the Vet track. Weather is predicted to be around 72 degrees both days with sun and very little wind, so what is there not to like.

Unless something unexpected comes up, I will be there on Sunday with my GERITOL 1980 YZ250 trying to hold onto the bars for dear life, so come on out if you need a good laugh.

|

1/13/2019 8:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 8:55 AM

|

1/13/2019 8:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2019 8:53 AM

barnett468 wrote:

Yup, REM on Saturday and on Sunday it is the first race of the season for OTHG on the main track and American Retro Cross on the Vet track. Weather is predicted to be around 72 degrees both days with sun and very little wind, so what is there not to like.

Unless something unexpected comes up, I will be there on Sunday with my GERITOL 1980 YZ250 trying to hold onto the bars for dear life, so come on out if you need a good laugh.

"...so come on out if you need a good laugh."

That's putting it mildly!

...Photo

|

1/18/2019 7:38 PM

Looks like the weatherman was right. Killer weather for Glenn Helen all weekend.

|

1/18/2019 9:17 PM

Glen Helen is soaked, REM cancelled, I'm thinking ARX will cancel. It rained really hard up here.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/18/2019 10:01 PM

captmoto wrote:

Glen Helen is soaked, REM cancelled, I'm thinking ARX will cancel. It rained really hard up here.

that figures, thanks for the update.

othg is supposed to race sunday also. i will check with them unless you have heard something

how is it there when the track is wet?

|

1/18/2019 10:42 PM

Just got a message from OTHG. They are going there tomorrow to prep the track and will post on their site in the afternoon if they will race or not.

|

1/19/2019 10:21 AM

I just talked to Glen Helen and they said the track is not flooded and they have open practice today and that the OTHG club told them this morning that they are going to hold their race their tomorrow as scheduled, so I'm definitely going.

|

1/19/2019 10:28 AM

barnett468 wrote:

I just talked to Glen Helen and they said the track is not flooded and they have open practice today and that the OTHG club told them this morning that they are going to hold their race their tomorrow as scheduled, so I'm definitely going.

If it is prepped as good as lay Sunday, it’ll be fantastic See ya there. 28g on a yz. 58 experts

|

1/19/2019 10:41 AM

2 hours ago. Looks prime. Photo

|

1/19/2019 11:18 AM

barnett468 wrote:

swtwtwtw wrote:

If it is prepped as good as lay Sunday, it’ll be fantastic See ya there. 28g on a yz. 58 experts

How did you get that photo?

I'll look ya up. I'm easy to see because my bike smokes more than the Marlboro man and it says GERITOL on the side of the tank instead of YAMAHA.

If they have many people there today it should help dry up any excessive wet spots

|

1/19/2019 11:29 AM

Cool beans, I’ll match your bike because I’m the Marlboro smoker out there Photo

|

1/19/2019 5:22 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

Cool beans, I’ll match your bike because I’m the Marlboro smoker out there Photo

well you should be easy to find too. what size bike will you be riding?

|

1/20/2019 6:45 PM

Very nice to meet you. And you rode great considering the masses of sand we had to go through to climbs those hills. (Other than the deep sand , track was excellent).

|

1/20/2019 6:49 PM

Holy crap....Glen Helen is..."unpleasant!". Photo

swtwtwtw also showed up and rode extremely well.

|

1/20/2019 7:05 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

Very nice to meet you. And you rode great considering the masses of sand we had to go through to climbs those hills. (Other than the deep sand , track was excellent).

Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet you as well. Hope to see you at another event...other then glen helen. Photo

My 38 year old bike beat the crap out of me there. I have never seen so many bumps in my life. I now have a much greater appreciation for how much smoother both perris tracks, and the milestone vet track are, so today should make them all much easier now that I have been to hell and at least come back still walking under my own power.

The last time I raced at glen helen was in 1993 at an ahrma race, and that was the vintage class, and all my bikes were 1974 models with the regulation 4" of rear travel, and i raced 4 different expert classes that day. Couldn't imagine racing a 74 bike on the current track layout, but it looks like some people in the calvmx club may do just that in another month or so, so that should be lots of fun to watch.

|