2 Things that Made Me Instantly Faster

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/9/2017 3:37pm
For me it was definitely getting laid. It does wonders for confidence.
How much did you pay the dude?
LaughingLaughingLaughing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
11/9/2017 3:38pm
2 things that made me instantly slower...

1) Wife and Kids.
2) Age
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
11/9/2017 9:54pm
Treat every straight like the start straight, every lap. Try to never coast, be on the gas or on the brakes. Pretend the cops are chasing you.

The Shop

Jrewing
11/9/2017 10:13pm
sumdood wrote:
Treat every straight like the start straight, every lap. Try to never coast, be on the gas or on the brakes. Pretend the cops are chasing...
Treat every straight like the start straight, every lap. Try to never coast, be on the gas or on the brakes. Pretend the cops are chasing you.
Don't Tase me bro!

Apparently Eating Ass makes you faster.
JBlain619
11/10/2017 6:49am
For me it was definitely getting laid. It does wonders for confidence.
How much did you pay the dude?
$20 is $20!
SigPig
11/11/2017 4:23am
1. Bought a trials bike.
2. Installed tubliss on my race bike.
jeffro503
12/23/2017 1:30pm
I Just wanted to send a big thank you to " Nolookpass " ( The OP on this thread ). The lower back extensions are something I guess I was really lacking on , and I can't even explain how much this certain exercise has helped me over the past 6 weeks. My back hasn't felt this strong in I don't know how many years. It seriously balanced out everything on my core muscles and got me to the point where I'm pushing everything harder. With me being kind of a fitness freak basically my whole life , this one exercise is where I was truly not taking serious. Feeling pretty fucking awesome right now because of just this one exorcise. Incredible , and I'm glad I came across this thread. Thanks again Nolookpass!
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
12/23/2017 4:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I Just wanted to send a big thank you to " Nolookpass " ( The OP on this thread ). The lower back extensions are something...
I Just wanted to send a big thank you to " Nolookpass " ( The OP on this thread ). The lower back extensions are something I guess I was really lacking on , and I can't even explain how much this certain exercise has helped me over the past 6 weeks. My back hasn't felt this strong in I don't know how many years. It seriously balanced out everything on my core muscles and got me to the point where I'm pushing everything harder. With me being kind of a fitness freak basically my whole life , this one exercise is where I was truly not taking serious. Feeling pretty fucking awesome right now because of just this one exorcise. Incredible , and I'm glad I came across this thread. Thanks again Nolookpass!
Jeffro, do you do stiff legged dead lifts (light weight, high reps)? That's what I do for my hammy's and lower back and it really helps too. Just make sure you balance out the leg workout with some quad exercises. I don't have the right equipment in my home gym to do back extensions, so light weight stiff legged dead lifts are my poor man's version of it.
Bermworm
12/23/2017 4:55pm
Practice. There is no substitute for seat time and actually practice not just spin laps. Head up,stand up,elbows up balls of feet smooth as silk, corner to corner speed and smooth arcs outside inside trying different lines everywhere through the corners. Running barrels helps with cornering and braking.Practice starts.Keys to the race get a good start don't crash.And the one I struggle with the most no drinking on race night.I never seem to be able to do this so now I stop at 8 beers or 11pm (which ever comes first) the Saturday before race day. Not only have my results improved but the people camped beside us in the pits are happier too.These valuable tips I have bestowed plus what everyone else on here as said will have your living room filled with more trophy's than you could possibly imagine.Unless everyone else in your class does it too then you will finish where you always do but in a much faster fashion.
12/23/2017 5:01pm
Get Faster in your garage or when you arrive at the practice track before riding. Sit on your bike and practice proper body positioning while doing imaginary laps on your favorite track regrip the throttle after braking move to the balls of your feet before entering whoops etc. Motocross action used to have articles on proper body positioning. There is a lot of free information out there.
12/23/2017 5:12pm
Traded in the CRF 250. Im still C class but that bike was slow.

Kidney belt. For some reason I ride much better with one. Makes me feel like an old guy but I always ride with it now.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
12/23/2017 5:14pm
1. When a bear is chasing me and 1 other person on foot.
2. Meth
vetmxr
12/23/2017 5:30pm
taking time setting up for corners is still a hard thing for me........I tend to want to come in way too hot with the tires sliding and then wonder why I cant get the bike to transition into the berm correctly.... Corners are where the most time is made up in my opinion. Correct cornering technique.....concentrate on technique and body positioning instead of trying to get through the turns at out of control speeds.
jeffro503
12/23/2017 6:07pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I Just wanted to send a big thank you to " Nolookpass " ( The OP on this thread ). The lower back extensions are something...
TbonesPop wrote:
Jeffro, do you do stiff legged dead lifts (light weight, high reps)? That's what I do for my hammy's and lower back and it really helps...
Jeffro, do you do stiff legged dead lifts (light weight, high reps)? That's what I do for my hammy's and lower back and it really helps too. Just make sure you balance out the leg workout with some quad exercises. I don't have the right equipment in my home gym to do back extensions, so light weight stiff legged dead lifts are my poor man's version of it.
I do quite a few squats now that my back is getting better. I had a hard time doing anything like that before because of my back and I have a really bad meniscus in my left knee. Once my lower back started getting stronger from the back extensions , I'm now back to doing half squats ( which you are right , they get the hammy's and lower back as well ). It seems that everything is coming together. Had issues with getting my whole core to balance because of that back issue....but now , all I can say is I'm pretty excited to see what I'm capable of being able to do. I still can't do full squats as of now because of my knee , but may be getting that fixed next year when I hit my slow time at work.
slipdog
12/23/2017 7:04pm
1- Riding
2- My parents checkbook
magoo1982
12/23/2017 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2017 8:50pm
jeffro503 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Jeffro, do you do stiff legged dead lifts (light weight, high reps)? That's what I do for my hammy's and lower back and it really helps...
jeffro503 wrote:
I do quite a few squats now that my back is getting better. I had a hard time doing anything like that before because of my...
I do quite a few squats now that my back is getting better. I had a hard time doing anything like that before because of my back and I have a really bad meniscus in my left knee. Once my lower back started getting stronger from the back extensions , I'm now back to doing half squats ( which you are right , they get the hammy's and lower back as well ). It seems that everything is coming together. Had issues with getting my whole core to balance because of that back issue....but now , all I can say is I'm pretty excited to see what I'm capable of being able to do. I still can't do full squats as of now because of my knee , but may be getting that fixed next year when I hit my slow time at work.
jeffro , had similar problem yrs back after 2 botched knee surgeries. was told not to squat down , go up and down steps as little as possible etc. therapy didn't help .. I use to weight train a lot and squats with heavy weights was one of my favorites so it pissed me off when told not to do anymore and knee wouldn't bend without severe pain.. I got a small step stoll and would sit down on it with bad knee straight out pull leg back and just standing up .. after doing that for a extended period of time I was able to squat without pain and can now do full squats again . now I just have to be careful if getting in and out of cars such as vette or small sports cars ...Good luck I know several people that had knee surgery that said they were worse after and wouldn't do it again..

Post a reply to: 2 Things that Made Me Instantly Faster

The Latest