2 Things that Made Me Instantly Faster

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2017 3:34 PM

I'm 37 and only been riding Mx for ~3 years, and the two things that gave me (almost) instant results:

1) Factory Connection - revalve. The bike handled better, absorbed all the chop better, and I don't feel like my bike is trying to kill me anymore (kidding.. kinda). Being a beginner/low-low level intermediate on my best day, I didn't think I would be able to tell the difference or notice it, but I couldn't be more wrong. If you do 1 thing to your bike, forgo the pipe, or motor-work and get your suspension done and tuned for you. Note: I'm on a '16 KX 450 w/ TAC. I didn't have to much to gripe about the TAC before, so I ended up keeping the air forks.

2) Lower back extension - this one takes 6-8+ weeks to start to see results, but paired with the suspension, this exercise completely wiped away my lower back pain (I noticed an improvement before the re-valve). This allowed me to stay in the attack position longer and my core was much more stable.

When doing this exercise, forget your ego. I didn't even hold any weight (you see some people holding plates), just used my body. Start off with 2 sets at 6-8 reps per set, then work your way up to 3 full sets. Don't do anymore sets or reps.

Go slow on the way down. Don't use momentum or rock, come to a dead stop at the bottom and pause for a moment. You can put your arms across your chest or behind your back. If you do this exercise right (meaning, you just use your lower back and upper butt muscles), you won't really need much (if any) weight. If you do hold a plate, you will incorporate more muscles and probably rock more and really negate the whole point of the exercise.

Photo

Hope this helps some people. smile

|

11/3/2017 3:40 PM

For me it was everyone going slower. blush

I do like the extension idea though. smile

|

11/3/2017 3:43 PM

KMC440 wrote:

For me it was everyone going slower. blush

I do like the extension idea though. smile

Try the extension for ~2 months and you'll notice improvement. If you sit in a chair all day and look at a screen for work, that lower back pain also goes away.

|

11/3/2017 3:45 PM

Adderall works pretty good.

|

11/3/2017 4:22 PM

squats and bench

|

11/3/2017 4:24 PM

peelout wrote:

squats and bench

Biceps n Tricep

|

United States of America

11/3/2017 4:25 PM

I recommend 800-1000 mile weeks in The Baja w/ good tequila for after-dinner relaxation.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

11/3/2017 4:46 PM

I've been doing the lower back extensions for about 2 years now and my lower back pain has definitely not gone away...in matter of fact it has gotten slightly worse. Some mornings I can hardly put my socks on. Sure my lower back muscles has gotten bigger but the pain is always there sad

Still looking for something other than oxys to ease the pain...

|

11/3/2017 4:56 PM

I like the lower back extensions...I'm going to look for one of those machines to add to my gym (I'll put it next to my rowing machine).

I rode a 30 mile whooped out, rocky, desert single track loop this morning...standing in the attack position for an hour...my lower back is feeling it right now...I haven't been on the bike for almost a month because of some preventative bike maintenance, and then I was sick for a week, buried with work for a week, and then sick for another week. Seat time helps with the lower back pain.

|

11/3/2017 5:39 PM

TimR wrote:

I've been doing the lower back extensions for about 2 years now and my lower back pain has definitely not gone away...in matter of fact it has gotten slightly worse. Some mornings I can hardly put my socks on. Sure my lower back muscles has gotten bigger but the pain is always there sad

CBD, see if that works.

|

11/3/2017 5:48 PM

TimR wrote:

loftyair wrote:

CBD, see if that works.

CBD hasn't helped with my back pain. Unfortunately.

|

11/3/2017 5:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2017 5:59 PM

TimR wrote:

Try breaking your big toe that helps with other pain

|

11/3/2017 6:00 PM

Have you guys tried a Chiropractor? I have a recurring issue where my hip "shifts" towards my back and hits the sciatic nerve. I go once a year or every 2 years when I feel it and he does the same motion and its fixed. Happened in football originally but if I take a spill on the bike, its bound to show up. He charges me $40 cash and I can walk/ride again.

Obviously this is a specific case but a lot of times the alignment of all the bones can cause muscle pain.

|

11/3/2017 6:10 PM

For me it was definitely getting laid. It does wonders for confidence.

|

11/3/2017 6:39 PM

peelout wrote:

squats and bench

Leg day is for posers bro!

|

11/3/2017 7:25 PM

2nd person this week I've heard that was very happy with the revalve they received from FC on the tac fork. I'm running stock tac on my CRF right now but next season I may have to send them up to FC. Thanks for the post!

|

11/3/2017 7:35 PM

TimR wrote:

loftyair wrote:

CBD, see if that works.

fins227 wrote:

Photo
Read this and thank me later
|

11/3/2017 7:37 PM

I work by biceps and triceps with the Tug Toner. I'm much faster now.

|

11/3/2017 7:52 PM

peelout wrote:

squats and bench

Camp332 wrote:

Biceps n Tricep

You know the old saying, Curls get the girls and no pecs no sex

|

"Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way."

11/3/2017 8:33 PM

Has anybody ever thought to stretch? Not for 2 sec, but for a good 30-60 min a night. I'm 37 & I was starting to feel really tight & achy. I had no flexibility anymore. I go to the gym at least 3 days a week & ride once most weekends. I started googling stretches for different body parts like my hips, lower back, neck & legs. I'd do it at night before bed while watching tv. Man what a difference. I feel 100% better just in everyday life, not to mention my riding & gym work. I don't feel like I'll get injured so easily either. Try stretching. It sucks at first, but once you start to get flexible & not struggle to tie your shoe, you'll enjoy doing it.

|

11/3/2017 8:46 PM

FIREfish148 wrote: Photo

100% this. I have some issues since blowing apart l5s1 and foundation training has dropped my pain levels considerably. I still have some discomfort and tingling about 50% of the time but it's miles better than it once was. I can ride motocross every weekend and fuck my wife with no problems.

This video is great.

|

11/3/2017 10:10 PM

TimR wrote:

So many possibilities. But, I've found using a roller from hip to neck can help. Otherwise check with doc and possibly a good PT.

Back issues should not be ignored. Knowledge is power

On the riding, being in shape the biggest help to me. I could ride more laps and last long enough to feel good on the bike.

|

11/3/2017 10:50 PM

Foundation training is one of Roczens staples. Looks like good stuff.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

11/4/2017 3:10 AM

fins227 wrote:

FIREfish148 wrote: Photo

pdub187 wrote:

100% this. I have some issues since blowing apart l5s1 and foundation training has dropped my pain levels considerably. I still have some discomfort and tingling about 50% of the time but it's miles better than it once was. I can ride motocross every weekend and fuck my wife with no problems.

This video is great.

I was disappointed that YouTube link wasnt a video of you fucking your wife!!

|

11/4/2017 3:21 AM

What about factory ECU?

|

11/4/2017 3:30 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2017 3:32 AM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

Has anybody ever thought to stretch? Not for 2 sec, but for a good 30-60 min a night. I'm 37 & I was starting to feel really tight & achy. I had no flexibility anymore. I go to the gym at least 3 days a week & ride once most weekends. I started googling stretches for different body parts like my hips, lower back, neck & legs. I'd do it at night before bed while watching tv. Man what a difference. I feel 100% better just in everyday life, not to mention my riding & gym work. I don't feel like I'll get injured so easily either. Try stretching. It sucks at first, but once you start to get flexible & not struggle to tie your shoe, you'll enjoy doing it.

This will work for most. Stretch cardio but most importantly bike seat time, talk really is cheap. Most people say they cant afford to stretch for 15 min a day event though they can watch tv for the same time. If thats you do both at the same time.

|

11/4/2017 5:00 AM

nolookpass wrote:

I'm 37 and only been riding Mx for ~3 years, and the two things that gave me (almost) instant results:

1) Factory Connection - revalve. The bike handled better, absorbed all the chop better, and I don't feel like my bike is trying to kill me anymore (kidding.. kinda). Being a beginner/low-low level intermediate on my best day, I didn't think I would be able to tell the difference or notice it, but I couldn't be more wrong. If you do 1 thing to your bike, forgo the pipe, or motor-work and get your suspension done and tuned for you. Note: I'm on a '16 KX 450 w/ TAC. I didn't have to much to gripe about the TAC before, so I ended up keeping the air forks.

2) Lower back extension - this one takes 6-8+ weeks to start to see results, but paired with the suspension, this exercise completely wiped away my lower back pain (I noticed an improvement before the re-valve). This allowed me to stay in the attack position longer and my core was much more stable.

When doing this exercise, forget your ego. I didn't even hold any weight (you see some people holding plates), just used my body. Start off with 2 sets at 6-8 reps per set, then work your way up to 3 full sets. Don't do anymore sets or reps.

Go slow on the way down. Don't use momentum or rock, come to a dead stop at the bottom and pause for a moment. You can put your arms across your chest or behind your back. If you do this exercise right (meaning, you just use your lower back and upper butt muscles), you won't really need much (if any) weight. If you do hold a plate, you will incorporate more muscles and probably rock more and really negate the whole point of the exercise.

Photo

Hope this helps some people. smile

I can't say it enough revalve and respring (new or used bikes) so important... aftermarket pipe, anodizing stuff etc.. (just bling) doesn't make you a better rider... handlebars and ECU remapping/tuning are also cheap modifications which can make a difference between night and day... stock bikes are so overcomplete these days... you only need to customize things to your own liking aka setup

|

11/4/2017 5:14 AM

Twisting the throttle more and touching my brakes less seemed to help me

|

11/4/2017 5:15 AM

TimR wrote:

Have you guys tried to remove inflammatory foods from your diet like gluten and dairy? I've been doing this for the past year or so, not very strict but I can feel a difference for a few days after I eat unhealthy food, especially fried food.

Jimmy Decotis posted this the other day.
Photo
Photo

It's worth a try, even if you cut back on the bad foods. It's like puttting good fuel in your bike. It will run better.

|

11/4/2017 5:29 AM

GoonSquad250x wrote:

Who the hell has the time to do 30-60 minute stretches per day on top of actual exercising though.

|