2 Stroke Direct Injection is coming (for real).

racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 4:43pm
Fuel injection two strokes in 2017

It’s official… After being the first to install fuel injection on its thumpers some years ago, Sherco will possibly be the first to do it on its two strokes.

“Since presenting our first fuel-injected two-stroke prototype at the end of last year, we’ve worked a lot to refine some details,” confirmed Mr. Teissier - the boss of Sherco. “Right now we’re about to test if it’s possible to make it Euro 4 compatible but our basic plan is to bring it into production in 2017.”
- See more at: http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2971-8-things-learn…

Looks like Sherco will have a direct injected 2 stroke next year. Not speculation any more.
|
Andrew337
7/4/2015 8:23am
I'm all for it. I'm patiently waiting for some real ride reports and long haul tests.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
7/4/2015 8:39am Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 8:40am
I know some of these companies want to be the first to get something like this working, but I don't see what all the benefits are. Other than, maybe more environment friendly, and a slightly better throttle response, would this really be all that people make it out to be? And is it that much better and environmentally friendly than the carbed bikes already? It sounds like Sherco's real focus is the 450 right now.
steed 2.0
7/4/2015 8:58am
burn1986 wrote:
I know some of these companies want to be the first to get something like this working, but I don't see what all the benefits are...
I know some of these companies want to be the first to get something like this working, but I don't see what all the benefits are. Other than, maybe more environment friendly, and a slightly better throttle response, would this really be all that people make it out to be? And is it that much better and environmentally friendly than the carbed bikes already? It sounds like Sherco's real focus is the 450 right now.
hint altitude

The Shop

racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
7/4/2015 9:15am
burn1986 wrote:
I know some of these companies want to be the first to get something like this working, but I don't see what all the benefits are...
steed 2.0 wrote:
hint altitude
I was just going to say this!!! Throttle response will be improved and the altitude compensation would be two big things. I know that we have two stroke throttle response with carbs very crisp, but it can be better. It is also a known fact that there is a power drop when switching to EFI. I have seen it in every arena that has switched to EFI, but the pluses out weigh the minuses. Also, with EFI you can control more of the fueling aspects that you can't control with a carb.
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 12:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 12:56pm
I was just going to say this!!! Throttle response will be improved and the altitude compensation would be two big things. I know that we have...
I was just going to say this!!! Throttle response will be improved and the altitude compensation would be two big things. I know that we have two stroke throttle response with carbs very crisp, but it can be better. It is also a known fact that there is a power drop when switching to EFI. I have seen it in every arena that has switched to EFI, but the pluses out weigh the minuses. Also, with EFI you can control more of the fueling aspects that you can't control with a carb.
It is also a known fact that there is a power drop when switching to EFI. I have seen it in every arena that has switched to EFI,

What arena is that? Horse Barrel Racing?

Why would you post such incorrect information?

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EFI and the amount of power you can get from the exact same engine without changing anything.

Your post is about as wrong as the idiots that say you can't have EFI and premix because it's too thick.

They were running premix EFI in the 70's.

Ebs
7/4/2015 1:38pm
I think with electronic powervalve controls and EFI it would be pretty cool to be able to drastically change the power delivery with a plug in unit or a few key strokes on the computer. Muddy woods race one day, balls out sand track the next, no problem.
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 1:47pm
You dont need electronic power valves. Fujis VES system have worked like a champ since 2001 in the original race engines. Foolproof design.

wreckitrandy
7/4/2015 1:52pm
Isn't there a difference between direct injection and fuel injection?
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 2:01pm
Ya. Di injects into head.
It Affords no crank or bearing cooling and runs way higher fuel pressure.

I think Rotax has the bearing cooling handled

Suzuki, Cat, and Fuji/Liberties are just as good, clean and IMO might be alot better.

Pretty damn bulletproof.

The Ossa is for sale..has been.
Andrew337
7/4/2015 2:41pm
Ebs wrote:
I think with electronic powervalve controls and EFI it would be pretty cool to be able to drastically change the power delivery with a plug in...
I think with electronic powervalve controls and EFI it would be pretty cool to be able to drastically change the power delivery with a plug in unit or a few key strokes on the computer. Muddy woods race one day, balls out sand track the next, no problem.
That's what I'm waiting for. That would be such a useful tuning tool.
racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
7/4/2015 3:08pm
I was just going to say this!!! Throttle response will be improved and the altitude compensation would be two big things. I know that we have...
HoppedUp wrote:
[b] It is also a known fact that there is a power drop when switching to EFI. I have seen it in every arena that has...
It is also a known fact that there is a power drop when switching to EFI. I have seen it in every arena that has switched to EFI,

What arena is that? Horse Barrel Racing?

Why would you post such incorrect information?

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to EFI and the amount of power you can get from the exact same engine without changing anything.

Your post is about as wrong as the idiots that say you can't have EFI and premix because it's too thick.

They were running premix EFI in the 70's.

You might talk to someone like Mitch Payton. I think he would have a sliver of credibility. Ask him what they ran into the first year they started with the EFI.

Also, I have a very good idea what you can get out of two like engines with and without EFI.
nytsmaC
7/4/2015 3:39pm
HoppedUp wrote:
Ya. Di injects into head. It Affords no crank or bearing cooling and runs way higher fuel pressure. I think Rotax has the bearing cooling handled...
Ya. Di injects into head.
It Affords no crank or bearing cooling and runs way higher fuel pressure.

I think Rotax has the bearing cooling handled

Suzuki, Cat, and Fuji/Liberties are just as good, clean and IMO might be alot better.

Pretty damn bulletproof.

The Ossa is for sale..has been.
The Ossa is definitely not for sale, that bike never made it to production. Ossa was absorbed into GasGas and taken over by Israeli investors. the company was very mismanaged and filed for bankruptcy/insolvent a short while ago. Latest update is it is currently under liquidation of assets.
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 4:30pm
Ive been running EFI 2 strokes since 1979 when it first hit the scene with Olav Aaen.

In this case, Mitch knows porting etc.
He doesnt know EFI.

Whats on bikes now is 20 years old and ancient.
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 4:47pm
You might talk to someone like Mitch Payton. I think he would have a sliver of credibility. Ask him what they ran into the first year...
You might talk to someone like Mitch Payton. I think he would have a sliver of credibility. Ask him what they ran into the first year they started with the EFI.

Also, I have a very good idea what you can get out of two like engines with and without EFI.
You're too young.

If you knew so much you'd have a more knowledgeable post. Sorry, but your lack of real knowledge of EFI and mentioning Payton not knowing much his first year shows you are about 24 years behind.

You do realize EFI 2 strokes were OEM in 1992 and batterless in 1995 thanks to Fuji, a guy in Arizona and Suzuki buying the rights to use it.

You do know who Fuji is right?

Hell Payton doesnt even offer Turbo kit for 450s yet.

MR. X
7/4/2015 4:39pm
You might talk to someone like Mitch Payton. I think he would have a sliver of credibility. Ask him what they ran into the first year...

HoppedUp wrote:
You're too young. If you knew so much you'd have a more knowledgeable post. Sorry, but your lack of real knowledge of EFI and mentioning Payton...
You're too young.

If you knew so much you'd have a more knowledgeable post. Sorry, but your lack of real knowledge of EFI and mentioning Payton not knowing much his first year shows you are about 24 years behind.

You do realize EFI 2 strokes were OEM in 1992 and batterless in 1995 thanks to Fuji, a guy in Arizona and Suzuki buying the rights to use it.

You do know who Fuji is right?

Hell Payton doesnt even offer Turbo kit for 450s yet.

I remember fuji making one of the worst snowmobile engines to date.
HoppedUp
7/4/2015 4:43pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2015 5:17pm
MR. X wrote:
I remember fuji making one of the worst snowmobile engines to date.
Could be Rotax with their Flaky cylinders and junk rings too.
Or Suzuki with some so fast they didnt last as well.

Btw....Ive never had a single problem with any.
At least below 15 Lbs of boost.

And for Racin station...

Payton hired Drino Miller to build his 4 strokes.

Post a reply to: 2 Stroke Direct Injection is coming (for real).

The Latest