2 New Race Series Starting at Pala (Fox Raceway)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2019 9:47 AM

We rode Pala on Sunday and they handed us fliers for 2 new race series that are starting up there. With Transworld shutting down I thought I would share as people will be looking for new places to race.

One is the "Academy Motocross Series" and the other is "Supercross Sunday Racing"

I dont have anymore info...but maybe someone with knowledge can jump in...

|

2/1/2019 10:07 AM

Following...

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

2/1/2019 11:52 AM

Good on Fox for keeping racing going, anyone else have information on these races?

|

2/1/2019 11:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2019 11:57 AM

I didn't see the supercross series on the flier from Saturday's ride but it's not for me anymore.

The Academy races look like something we will try to do though.

For me:

Pros-
Local racing
Inexpensive (no gate fee)
Same track format for me and my kids (was challenging with TWMX 2 track format)
Classes for everyone
Later start time
Shorter day?

Cons-
Beginner, novice, intermediate classes combined in same race #
Amateur track at Pala not that great (be interesting to see it race day)
No online website / registration / info

Sad to see the TWMXRS gone but excited to try this.

|

2/1/2019 6:12 PM

Academy Motocross Series has a Facebook and Instagram page with all the information. @academymotocrossseries
The first round is February 16th on the amateur track that will have a new starting gate area and significant track changes. The track will be groomed very well and will be watered and rocks removed through out the race day. Sign ups at 8 .... practice at 9 .... racing at 10:00. 30.00 first race 15.00 for additional race entries. Races will be held once per month through June with two races held in June. Feb 16th - March 9th - April 6th - May 4th - June 1st last round in June...

|

2/1/2019 7:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2019 4:21 AM

Im still holding out hope for Pala because it is my local track, and they have been good in the past. but they have been promising changes to that amatuer track for a very long time and it has been the same basic layout for the two years that I've lived in southern California. The other thing that burned me is that I went back there last week after not going for over a month and they hadn't touched that vet track. They had not even maintained the exhisting layout and it used to get modified pretty regularly. Nothing personal, I might get flamed for this, but they have been dropping the ball lately.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

2/1/2019 9:05 PM

I'll be racing as many as i can!

|

2/1/2019 9:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2019 9:20 PM

NITRODOG wrote:

We rode Pala on Sunday and they handed us fliers for 2 new race series that are starting up there. With Transworld shutting ...more

Do you mean TWMX that races at milestone will no longer be having races?

They still have their race schedule posted.

https://motocross.transworld.net/twmxrs/race-schedule/

|

2/1/2019 9:58 PM

I'm in for the 16th!

|

2/2/2019 2:15 AM

NITRODOG wrote:

We rode Pala on Sunday and they handed us fliers for 2 new race series that are starting up there. With Transworld shutting ...more

barnett468 wrote:

Do you mean TWMX that races at milestone will no longer be having races?

They still have their race schedule posted.

...more

Transworld is supposedly shut down all together until further notice.

|

2/18/2019 12:48 PM

Yes the TWMX series is sadley gone but there is a new series moving into its place that is ran by the same group that ran the TWMX series. The Swap Moto Series is starting 3/10 at Milestone and will run once a month at various locations.

Announcing the Swapmoto Race Series
FEB
Announcing the Swapmoto Race Series
NEWS

WE’RE BACK!

Click Here to Pre-Register

Amateur Motocross racing in Southern California has been on a high for the past few years thanks to the Transworld Motocross Race Series. The unique racing format using two tracks at the same time, low cost entry fees, over 60 classes to choose from and a well-run program at the best facilities has kept moto families stoked on spending weekends at the tracks and lining up for gate drops.

Due to some ownership changes at the end of January it was announced that Transworld Motocross as a whole was on hold. All the employees were laid off and it’s been a rough two weeks trying to figure out what comes next.

The time has come to get racing back on the schedule and have a clear plan going forward. Playing off all the strengths of the former series the same staff that made it happen is now launching under a new brand.

The “Swapmoto Race Series” will have the same feel and experience that everyone has come to love with some great upgrades to improve the families experience at the track. As we prepare these changes we have our eyes set on March 10th for the first event hosted by Milestone MX in Riverside, CA. SwapmotoLive.com will be at the races to cover all the action posting photos and video from the race! Our first series will include six rounds of racing and an overall championship points and awards to riders who attend a minimum of five rounds.

March 10th Milestone MX

April 7th Perris Raceway

April 14th Milestone MX

May 5th Glen Helen Raceway

May 19th LACR

June 2nd Glen Helen Raceway

We will be running the Academy series this weekend and try to run their entire schedule while running the new Swap moto series.

|