2 MOTO format for SUPERCROSS?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/24/2018 5:33 PM

2019, 2 moto format instead of the triplecrown, proven format. Utilize it in supercross. We also don't need any more rounds added to the supercross series. 12 rounds is enough to cross the country, give these riders a couple weekends off in between rounds.

|

4/24/2018 5:54 PM

much ty

|

4/24/2018 6:47 PM

This or .........for the love of god please add some double headers back. Friday and Saturday night racing. The teams are already there. The track is built. Make it happen.

|

4/24/2018 6:56 PM

TXDirt beat me to it. Double headers seem like a great idea to me. Double ticket sales, double revenue from each venue, double the opportunity to not make money for riders and teams. Honestly, when I grew up racing AX we always had double headers and each night was filled with fans. How can this not be a good way to run it.
It seems I'm in the minority but I'm not a fan of triple crown at all.

|

4/24/2018 7:15 PM

Love it, and while we are at it, lets do all the races outside and lets open the tracks up to get some speed going and make them more natural. Then we will call it motocross and get rid of poserfest supercross all together except for about 3 or 4 one off events

|

4/24/2018 8:22 PM

A double header here and there sounds good. I like the single main for SX though. Winner take all.

|

4/24/2018 8:40 PM

This is exactly what I’ve been saying as well. Best of both worlds.

1. Easier to understand for new fans because it’s similar to what they see at their local races.

2. Take top 14 directly out of timed practice to the 1st Moto, then the rest go to a televised LCQ for the final 8. This solves the problem of the Privateers not getting any tv time In a Triple Crown format and puts the excitement of racers going banzai for a final spots to get to the main motos.

3. Two Moto format should be the same amount of time each Moto rather than the confusing varying times they have In Triple crown. However the motos will still be shorter than the single main format allowing for more of a sprint than the paced long boring single main.

4. Olympic style scoring keeps it seamless with local amateur racing for ease of understanding and then championship points as they are now for the overall finish.

|

#performanceedgeracing @tmracingusa @ride.prl @powerbandracing @vertexpistons @LS2helmetsus @hotrodsproducts @pivotworks @fmf73 @kendatire @mikametals @dt1filtersusa @sidimotousa @motoseat @dubyausa @xbrandgoggles @thormxofficial @g2ergonomics @tamer_holeshot_hookup @riskracingmoto @acerbisusa @nihiloconcepts @matrixconcepts @suzukiyamahaofdaltonga @mobiusbraces @sandboxkings @terry_varnermotorsports

4/24/2018 8:43 PM

TXDirt wrote:

This or .........for the love of god please add some double headers back. Friday and Saturday night racing. The teams are already there. The track is built. Make it happen.

X 2 Pontiac was a great double header and everyone looked forward to it. Was Seattle a double header at one time also, I think is was but cant remember.

|

Ed Johnson

4/24/2018 8:46 PM

MotoX85 wrote:

Love it, and while we are at it, lets do all the races outside and lets open the tracks up to get some speed going and make them more natural. Then we will call it motocross and get rid of poserfest supercross all together except for about 3 or 4 one off events

Nope, SX is where its at . MX is for the local racer but If I had a indoor SX track I could ride all the time I think that would be awesome.

|

Ed Johnson

4/25/2018 6:24 AM

MotoX85 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Nope, SX is where its at . MX is for the local racer but If I had a indoor SX track I could ride all the time I think that would be awesome.

That’s why your name is lostboy. tongue

|

4/25/2018 6:30 AM

Thing about double headers though is we wouldn’t see both of them live that’s for sure. 2 hours on a Friday and Saturday night dedicated to a measley sport like Supercross is not what TV producers want.

|

4/25/2018 6:31 AM

Then combine the 250 series so there are more than 3 contenders and a bunch of also rans.

|

4/25/2018 7:05 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

Thing about double headers though is we wouldn’t see both of them live that’s for sure. 2 hours on a Friday and Saturday night dedicated to a measley sport like Supercross is not what TV producers want.

That could be true but they should move to the same streaming format that Motocross uses. Pay $50 to stream it on an app in HD and commercial free. So you can watch it live or watch it later.

|

4/25/2018 1:32 PM

TDeath21 wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

That could be true but they should move to the same streaming format that Motocross uses. Pay $50 to stream it on an app in HD and commercial free. So you can watch it live or watch it later.

That would be fine by me. I’d pay for it.

|

4/25/2018 1:49 PM

1 practice then....motos.... 1/8 semis...1/4 semis...semis...lcq's,,...MAIN ...they'd be racing all night long...no time for science sx or make 2 mud .. and bring back the Bret Michaels Rock Hard-Ride Award ..

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

4/25/2018 2:08 PM

Should be a single, 400 lap main event.

|

4/25/2018 2:15 PM

kburgie wrote:

Should be a single, 400 lap main event.

This

|