Gym Briggs
Edited Date/Time 9/19/2015 6:16pm
Would Jeremy Martin been able to take it if it was available this year? Is it available for next year to take? Who would wear it best. I would say AC or Webb would do it proud!
|
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
9/18/2015 12:46pm
Martin already took a single digit last year, I don't know why he would change, or even if he's allowed to.

AC may take it if he ever wins a title, I cant see anybody else in the near future that it would have that much significance to.
kongols
9/18/2015 12:49pm
haydos25 wrote:
Martin already took a single digit last year, I don't know why he would change, or even if he's allowed to. AC may take it if...
Martin already took a single digit last year, I don't know why he would change, or even if he's allowed to.

AC may take it if he ever wins a title, I cant see anybody else in the near future that it would have that much significance to.
If AC comes around, I could see him taking it. So far he's far from getting it.
Dx3moto
9/18/2015 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 12:50pm
I can see Webb taking it, but on mini bikes he ran #7 at LL, so maybe he'll pick that once James retires.
Berm
Fantasy
136th
9/18/2015 1:20pm
haydos25 wrote:
Martin already took a single digit last year, I don't know why he would change, or even if he's allowed to. AC may take it if...

So far, we've seen that if there are no available single digit numbers, you can choose one as soon as it becomes available (RV stayed with a regular number for a year before getting to pick 2). Nobody has ever changed their career single digit number to a double digit one.

From the AMA supercross rulebook (2014)

c. Numbers 2-9

1. Past Champions from the previous competition year may
choose a permanent single digit career number if available.

d. Career Numbers

1. Riders who finish in the top 10 in Championship points from
the combined 450SX, 250SX, 250MX and 450MX classes
from the previous competition year will have priority for the
selection of a National two digit available number for the
their career number.

2. Riders who fail to earn at least 25 championship point during
the season preceding the new season will lose their career
number and be issued a new number based on current
points. Special consideration is given to a rider if he/she is
confirmed with a season long injury or other special
circumstance which prevents him from competing that
season.

I think the wording of permanent career number for past champions tells us it can't be changed.

The Shop

MR. X
9/18/2015 1:25pm
What has AC done to get a single digit number?
9/18/2015 1:27pm
AC will probably go with 92. He debuted with 292. Roczen with 194, Trey with 241, Barcia with 151. Seems like they like to stick with their AM numbers.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/18/2015 1:28pm
So do Web and Musquin get single digit numbers for next year? Who gets the first choice?
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
9/18/2015 1:34pm
So technically 7 is up for picks right? What if someone like JLaw was still around and took it! Haha makes me laugh every time I think about it. (Note to all you keyboard thugs, this is purely in good fun and to fit in a daily Vital JL`aw reference somewhere)
mxfiend
9/18/2015 1:34pm
731chopper wrote:
So do Web and Musquin get single digit numbers for next year? Who gets the first choice?
Sx is a regional not a national championship i believe it doesnt count??

But im probably wrong haha
USMCMXer
9/18/2015 1:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 1:36pm
Gym Briggs wrote:
Would Jeremy Martin been able to take it if it was available this year? Is it available for next year to take? Who would wear it...
Would Jeremy Martin been able to take it if it was available this year? Is it available for next year to take? Who would wear it best. I would say AC or Webb would do it proud!
This seems like an appropriate first post, as JM1 is in my profile pic... Not sure when the #2 is available, I would assume it is now, as RV did not score enough points to keep it, and I haven't heard if they put a hold on it, a la #4 after he retired. If JM wanted it, yes, he could take it. As for AC or Webb being better at representing it....although both are great talents, let's wait until one or both of them wins a national title before we go saying they deserve the #2, or any single digit number, more so than someone who has won a title...

STFUs welcome. Longtime reader, figured I would try my hand at maybe contributing constructively? If not, I guess I can sling dirt as well as anyone with a keyboard and a free will...
DownSouth
9/18/2015 1:35pm
731chopper wrote:
Nope. A 250SX title does not earn a single digit#. Those only go to 450SX/MX and 250MX. 250SX is a regional championship, not a national title.
IWreckALot
9/18/2015 1:36pm
731chopper wrote:
Neither guy can get a single digit number from what I understand.

I believe only the 450 SX winner can get one or an outdoor champion in either class.
DownSouth
9/18/2015 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2015 1:38pm
731chopper wrote:
mxfiend wrote:
Sx is a regional not a national championship i believe it doesnt count??

But im probably wrong haha
You are correct. 250SX points never even counted toward a national # until a couple of years ago when for reasons unknown the rule changed.
9/18/2015 1:46pm
WoodsRacer wrote:
So technically 7 is up for picks right? What if someone like JLaw was still around and took it! Haha makes me laugh every time I...
So technically 7 is up for picks right? What if someone like JLaw was still around and took it! Haha makes me laugh every time I think about it. (Note to all you keyboard thugs, this is purely in good fun and to fit in a daily Vital JL`aw reference somewhere)
For the 10th time, no it's not.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
9/18/2015 2:00pm
Thanks for clarifying. Thats what I thought but wasnt sure if rules had changed.
bob567
9/18/2015 2:43pm
WoodsRacer wrote:
So technically 7 is up for picks right? What if someone like JLaw was still around and took it! Haha makes me laugh every time I...
So the rules are not enforced. What? There is a illegal substance use clause? Seriously? Fuck me. That blows. This whole permanent number thing blows then. Guys who have never raced 450 SX or 450 MX get single digit numbers for life? Why? What was wrong with running the number you placed in that series last year? Who (names) approved this shit years ago?
bvm111
9/18/2015 4:17pm
WoodsRacer wrote:
bob567 wrote:
So the rules are not enforced. What? There is a illegal substance use clause? Seriously? Fuck me. That blows. This whole permanent number thing blows then...
So the rules are not enforced. What? There is a illegal substance use clause? Seriously? Fuck me. That blows. This whole permanent number thing blows then. Guys who have never raced 450 SX or 450 MX get single digit numbers for life? Why? What was wrong with running the number you placed in that series last year? Who (names) approved this shit years ago?
how many times a year do we have to go through this... seriously?!
peelout
9/18/2015 4:49pm
not trying to piss anyone off here... but i think the numbering system is dumb as fuck. all the guys with top 10 numbers (except James) earned them from 250 championships... nothing against them as they earned their number with the current system, but it just shows how flawed the system is.

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
7 - James (only rider to earn it from 250/450 class)
8 - ?
9 - ?

Busch light is flowing so pardon me if my facts are wrong here
Zracer
9/18/2015 5:10pm
peelout wrote:
not trying to piss anyone off here... but i think the numbering system is dumb as fuck. all the guys with top 10 numbers (except James)...
not trying to piss anyone off here... but i think the numbering system is dumb as fuck. all the guys with top 10 numbers (except James) earned them from 250 championships... nothing against them as they earned their number with the current system, but it just shows how flawed the system is.

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

Agree the numbering system is crap, but JS sported the 7 before RC retired so that part cant be true...
BobPA
9/18/2015 5:11pm
peelout wrote:
not trying to piss anyone off here... but i think the numbering system is dumb as fuck. all the guys with top 10 numbers (except James)...

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

What end is it flowing into/from?
gt80rider
9/18/2015 5:17pm
peelout wrote:

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

This is the correct answer
h&m_cycle
9/18/2015 6:04pm
AC?, that's a good one... Can't see anyone rooting against him, great personality... But if he misses 2 or 3 more
seasons for injury, he maybe punching a timeclock... Forkner may have some peoplle saying... "AC who?"
JeepnMike
9/18/2015 8:26pm
peelout wrote:

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

Is it Wyoming Busch Light, or Utah Busch Light? If you are feeling it after the Utah version, you would be an easy date! Tongue
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
9/19/2015 12:53am
peelout wrote:

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

You're right except Stewart was able to switch from 259 to 7 after 2005. Which he didn't win a title, but he had won the 2002 and 2004 125 Outdoor title.

With the exception of Reed #22 and Roczens #94 and the original champions like McGrath #2, Larocco #5, and Albertyn #7 every champion with a single digit or championship nber came from the 125/250 class.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
9/19/2015 1:06am
peelout wrote:

2 - Villo
3 - Tomac
4 - Bagget
5 - Dungey
6 - Martin
8 - ?
9 - ?

Dungey did start his 450 career with numer 10, so not completly true.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/19/2015 7:38am Edited Date/Time 9/19/2015 7:38am
Dungey did start his 450 career with numer 10, so not completly true.
Ryan also ran 142, 62, and 28 before that.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/19/2015 7:49am
MR. X wrote:
What has AC done to get a single digit number?
dirtnapper wrote:
This all day
Well, he's made you guys write him off, and that right there is worth something. You'll also look sillier if he does come back and win a title, so there's that, too. Smile
Berm
Fantasy
136th
9/19/2015 8:33am
WoodsRacer wrote:
bob567 wrote:
So the rules are not enforced. What? There is a illegal substance use clause? Seriously? Fuck me. That blows. This whole permanent number thing blows then...
You are allowed to keep your number if you miss a season for any reason as long as you make an appeal and the AMA deems it is a good enough reason. Many riders have done this (usually because an injury kept them out of the season). RV would have been able to do this as he was out with injury and then went to GP's.

Post a reply to: #2

The Latest