1985 strikes back at LL quali

Arkmx
6/20/2013 7:54am
flarider wrote:
[img]https://lh6.ggpht.com/__zoKJ77EvEc/TJJU_wxYXPI/AAAAAAAAHhM/Fdy3Kc9RNWs/bear-yoga%20(1)%5B2%5D.jpg[/img]

FRIDAY!

500guy
6/20/2013 8:08am
Okay, I'm through making you guy's Mad.

Good luck to Jerry, I hope you guy's raise enough for him to have a great summer.

I'm not donating any money but I will refrain from commenting in a negative way towards the story.

And for the record, I like Texas

The Shop

mn mxrider
6/20/2013 10:57am
So millville is a easy track I think there was a few top 20 kids from last year
Muzzle
6/20/2013 2:34pm
So, I've been a lurker here at Vital for a long time but never really felt the need to post much, but this thread has really irritated me to the point of wanting to say something. I'm sure I'll get crap for being a newbie; but then that is what you come to expect around here, right?

I know it is a byproduct of the internet and forums in general that people feel like they have a free pass to be a prick. But man, the negativity on this thread amazes me. Not only to this kid and his family but to other posters, back and forth, back and forth...

Don't any of you haters remember what it was like to be a young kid and just wanting to ride your dirt bike? I spent most of my youth riding my mom's 1972 Suzuki PE 175 and eventually my dad's PE 250. They were both way past their prime but I didn't care, I just wanted to ride!!! This kid just wants to ride and race and to him it probably doesn't matter much what bike he's on, just that he's riding.

We would all do well to remember why we got into this sport in the first place and support each other rather than working on obtaining our pro license to be a prick.
LappedU
6/20/2013 2:46pm
Awesome first post dude welcome to the board!
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
6/20/2013 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2013 2:52pm
Muzzle wrote:
So, I've been a lurker here at Vital for a long time but never really felt the need to post much, but this thread has really...
So, I've been a lurker here at Vital for a long time but never really felt the need to post much, but this thread has really irritated me to the point of wanting to say something. I'm sure I'll get crap for being a newbie; but then that is what you come to expect around here, right?

I know it is a byproduct of the internet and forums in general that people feel like they have a free pass to be a prick. But man, the negativity on this thread amazes me. Not only to this kid and his family but to other posters, back and forth, back and forth...

Don't any of you haters remember what it was like to be a young kid and just wanting to ride your dirt bike? I spent most of my youth riding my mom's 1972 Suzuki PE 175 and eventually my dad's PE 250. They were both way past their prime but I didn't care, I just wanted to ride!!! This kid just wants to ride and race and to him it probably doesn't matter much what bike he's on, just that he's riding.

We would all do well to remember why we got into this sport in the first place and support each other rather than working on obtaining our pro license to be a prick.
There are really only 2 or 3 pricks in the thread, and if the more experienced posters would ever learn to just let it go and not take the bait those comments would go largely unnoticed. This thread would be 3 pages shorter if nobody responded to obvious stink bait. For example, me calling Jmar a pussy was probably unnecessary.

Welcome to Vital. Have you seen the TwoTwo table cloth up there in Utah by any chance?
Muzzle
6/20/2013 3:30pm
Muzzle wrote:
So, I've been a lurker here at Vital for a long time but never really felt the need to post much, but this thread has really...

GrapeApe wrote:
There are really only 2 or 3 pricks in the thread, and if the more experienced posters would ever learn to just let it go and...
There are really only 2 or 3 pricks in the thread, and if the more experienced posters would ever learn to just let it go and not take the bait those comments would go largely unnoticed. This thread would be 3 pages shorter if nobody responded to obvious stink bait. For example, me calling Jmar a pussy was probably unnecessary.

Welcome to Vital. Have you seen the TwoTwo table cloth up there in Utah by any chance?
I saw this out at Miller Motorsports Park the other day. Reed can just get it back in August....

peelout
6/20/2013 3:40pm
Muzzle wrote:

great post.

i really only looked at the first page with the video and some of the info from the people that know the deal, after reading your post i don't think i'll go through the thread and read all the bullshit. but you hit the nail on the head, too many people just want to act a fool just because they can. take it with a grain of salt i guess.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/20/2013 7:02pm
Man, I could ride like crazy on my KE100.
newmann
6/20/2013 7:36pm
burn1986 wrote:
Used 1974 GT80 rescued from a garage fire.....
jathey
6/20/2013 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2013 8:03pm
Muzzle wrote:

That final sentence is just outstanding.

1974 Suzuki TM75. Rode it every day. I would get blown away by the other kids with tricked-out XR75's, but I didn't care - My bike looked just like Roger's and Gerrit's!

Oh yeah, Go Jerry!
Jack mehoff
6/20/2013 7:59pm
burn1986 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Used 1974 GT80 rescued from a garage fire.....
Newman did it happen to come from the New York State area , like I am sure Jerry is I had a bad habit off waking up and hoping on that thing before the morning mildew burned off got out off control panicked slammed the rear break on and hit the broad side off the barn my god did those trail tires suck back in the day , needless to say the thing was so wasted I got the bng mx 80 a few weeks latter. Ya know what they say you never forget your first love.
500guy
6/21/2013 7:21am
Since today is Pay-day, Hopefully some of you guy's will open your hearts and wallets and get this kid to LL's
DA498
6/21/2013 9:01am
500guy wrote:
Since today is Pay-day, Hopefully some of you guy's will open your hearts and wallets and get this kid to LL's
BUMP......I knew you had a heart 500guy
6/21/2013 9:26am
reded wrote:
Dan, shame on you for feeling like a failure. You've managed to raise a boy who isn't a spoiled, self entitled brat, something that is priceless...
Dan, shame on you for feeling like a failure. You've managed to raise a boy who isn't a spoiled, self entitled brat, something that is priceless in this day and age. It seems he's willing to use whatever tools he can get his hands on in order to perfect his craft. Every last one of us old guys would love to be 16 yrs old and in his shoes again. I hope you use this opportunity and the extra funds wisely in an attempt to make this deal a dream come true.

Good Luck!
If you raised a boy who is happy to ride whatever runs... well sir then you have done good in my book.
6/21/2013 9:51am
Good luck Jerry! Very cool video and story! Only the haters on this site could turn such a cool, inspiring story into a argument. I hope all you haters (yeah the few that actually ride on here) get passed and roosted hard by a teenager on a 20 year old 2 stroke this weekend.
yota
6/21/2013 10:50am
If Jerry had been doing well on an old 4 stroke I doubt 500 Guy would have bothered to say anything.
6/21/2013 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2013 12:24pm
yota wrote:
If Jerry had been doing well on an old 4 stroke I doubt 500 Guy would have bothered to say anything.
Right you are.

But NOBODY would have said anything. The bike made this news. The bike with a obviously talented rider. (with a
mediocre rider it would have gone nowhere either).

So all you fast folks that want your name in lights -- drag your 25 year old iron to the track. Apparently it really doesn't hold you back that much. At least if its a two stroke. ;-)
JW381
6/21/2013 12:31pm
I agree with all the comments about the negativity here. Like this is obviously just a good and unique thing, how can you find so much stupid shit to say?

I was thinkin tho, I bet if more people tried they could do the same, it's a real testament to how good those bikes were. Granted they've come a long way, but RJ and Magoo and all those guys rode them hella fast way back when, so they're capable of going the speed. Obviously it's a lot easier on a new bike, but with the practice and adjusting your riding style a little, it's still a fast dirt bike!

Good luck Jerry, we'll all be watchin closely! Cool
6/21/2013 1:33pm
Great story ... that is now international !

http://www.motoverte.com/site/jerry-robin-met-du-gaz--73055.html

Moto Verte gave Jerry a great present. Moto Verte is the number 1 moto media in France (in term of number I think they are also the european leader), now let us see if other international magazines are up for an article too, it would be amazing !

I do not know Jerry's level in supercross, but maybe one day frenchies will see him at Bercy, American riders are always warmly welcome !
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/21/2013 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2013 2:01pm
yota wrote:
I cant speak for 500 guy Jay, but when ever the words "lets set up a paypal account" shows up to pay someones way, then someone should look a little closer. Good thing about 500 guy is he speaks his mind and then sticks to it. Agree with him or not and he doesn't hide behind a screen name.
VET74
6/21/2013 3:21pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I cant speak for 500 guy Jay, but when ever the words "lets set up a paypal account" shows up to pay someones way, then someone...
I cant speak for 500 guy Jay, but when ever the words "lets set up a paypal account" shows up to pay someones way, then someone should look a little closer. Good thing about 500 guy is he speaks his mind and then sticks to it. Agree with him or not and he doesn't hide behind a screen name.
Most of us are grown men around here and don't need to be warned about the potential perils of giving people money. I don't think that there is any honor in sticking with a wrong opinion...there is more honor in admitting you may have misjudged a situation and say you were wrong.
Spartacus
6/21/2013 3:29pm
Pay it forward people. So what if you ever get duped? You're still stand up for trying and the guy that buys meth with your money is the a-hole.
TerryK
6/21/2013 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2013 5:53pm
Took me almost an hour, but I cleaned up all the garbage in this supposed-to-be-positive thread. Two full pages worth. Some people really just need to learn when to stfu.
500guy
6/21/2013 6:03pm
TerryK wrote:
Took me almost an hour, but I cleaned up all the garbage in this supposed-to-be-positive thread. Two full pages worth. Some people really just need to...
Took me almost an hour, but I cleaned up all the garbage in this supposed-to-be-positive thread. Two full pages worth. Some people really just need to learn when to stfu.
Right on Terry , I got no problem with it, I just can't help myself when it comes to the 2 stroke Taliban.

Best of Luck to Jerry , I hope these guy's can use some of the angst against me as motivation.
Wolfman
6/21/2013 6:04pm
TerryK wrote:
Took me almost an hour, but I cleaned up all the garbage in this supposed-to-be-positive thread. Two full pages worth. Some people really just need to...
Good job TK.

Post a reply to: 1985 strikes back at LL quali

The Latest