1985 strikes back at LL quali

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
6/18/2013 9:57am
SlowOldGuy wrote:
Just got off the phone with him. Seemed like a really nice kid. We have given him the opportunity to live and train at South of...
Just got off the phone with him. Seemed like a really nice kid. We have given him the opportunity to live and train at South of the Border MX, free of charge! Hope he gets the opportunity to take advantage of it!

Mike
That's so friggin rad....WIN
6/18/2013 10:01am
three9zero wrote:
Hey Jerry. My wife's cousin has a 1985 Cr 250 that still has the original plastic and most likey the original tires, perhaps less that 20hrs...
Hey Jerry. My wife's cousin has a 1985 Cr 250 that still has the original plastic and most likey the original tires, perhaps less that 20hrs on it. It's bee leaning against a wall in their Barn in Salmon Arm British Colombia Canada for 15 years....It would make a great "spare" bike for your trip to loretta's, or a great base to build another 85 Cr 250 race bike.
I would have the $$$$; I would have buy it for myself, that sounds like an awesome deal, then lend it to Jerry until LL...
LappedU
6/18/2013 10:27am
That has to be the coolest story I've ever heard on here, KICK ASS!

The Shop

Huey497
6/18/2013 11:07am
This has to be one of the best stories I've seen on Vital. Kick some ass Jerry!
Spartacus
6/18/2013 11:47am
Not exactly SH demographic [although the dads are] but it would be awesome to see SH step up and at least give him a loaner bike for the races and some shake down time before hand.

I mean really, you'd think they could do that to, if nothing else, pay it forward.
FlaNard
6/18/2013 11:49am
I wonder why I keep coming onto this board sometimes, and then a thread like this comes along. LOVE it. Great riding kid. Keep it up, and have some fun. You have a whole lot of people excited just to watch you ride. This thread seriously made my day. Cool
jeffro503
6/18/2013 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2013 12:05pm
olds cool wrote:
Best thread I've ever read on Vital. EVER!!! Two observations if I may. 1. Anybody that would even think of protesting him has no sense of...
Best thread I've ever read on Vital. EVER!!! Two observations if I may. 1. Anybody that would even think of protesting him has no sense of pride whatsoever and doesn't deserve to be involved in this sport. An ass-whoopin' would be duly deserved... 2. Somebody get this kid some retro JT gear. I'm just sayin'. Wink
I agree....great thread!! I think maybe Jerry , matt and a few of the other guys in here may enjoy this pic........

This is a buddy of mine Show871 that posted a similar thread here a few years ago had an awesome thread he put up right when he joined. Riding an old CR250....and makin' it work! yeah! >>>> http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Can-a-24-year-old-bike-be…
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
6/18/2013 12:28pm
Kick ass.

This why I still have my old 89 YZ. It's plenty fast, the suspension is right for me and I could never sell it for more than a few hundred.
whyZ
6/18/2013 12:40pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Good luck Jerry! Stick with this 85 CR250 and you'll be the biggest news that comes out of LL's this year, all you need is one...
Good luck Jerry! Stick with this 85 CR250 and you'll be the biggest news that comes out of LL's this year, all you need is one good moto finish. It's a sponsor's dream, you'll be the talk of the town.
Agreed, stick with what got you there. Focus on the finish, plenty of time to ride the wave when it's over. Good luck Jerry, we'll be watching and rootn'!!
MXMatt866
6/18/2013 4:06pm
olds cool wrote:
Best thread I've ever read on Vital. EVER!!! Two observations if I may. 1. Anybody that would even think of protesting him has no sense of...
Best thread I've ever read on Vital. EVER!!! Two observations if I may. 1. Anybody that would even think of protesting him has no sense of pride whatsoever and doesn't deserve to be involved in this sport. An ass-whoopin' would be duly deserved... 2. Somebody get this kid some retro JT gear. I'm just sayin'. Wink
jeffro503 wrote:
I agree....great thread!! I think maybe Jerry , matt and a few of the other guys in here may enjoy this pic........ [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/24860/photos/42775/s1600_98481430_1293819713.u.jpg?1294346827[/img] This is a...
I agree....great thread!! I think maybe Jerry , matt and a few of the other guys in here may enjoy this pic........

This is a buddy of mine Show871 that posted a similar thread here a few years ago had an awesome thread he put up right when he joined. Riding an old CR250....and makin' it work! yeah! >>>> http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Can-a-24-year-old-bike-be…
That is an awesome shot! Jerry's Phone has been blowing up, so you may have to post that on his FB wall for him to see it Wink .

For those wondering, Did Jerry just run that bike to get attention for one race? I can't answer that, but I can confirm that he does like, and use that CR250 quite a bit. Besides the other linked helmet cam video from Casey Hultgren, Here is an other video that has a clip of him on that bike, this time from 2012 at Millville for their Viking Clash event.

http://youtu.be/WHLp5iNCAB4?t=3m1s
DAYKIN17
6/18/2013 6:15pm
Shawn142 wrote:
A friend of mine traveled up to Spring Creek this past weekend to try and qualify in the +25 at the Loretta Lynn's regional. While there...
A friend of mine traveled up to Spring Creek this past weekend to try and qualify in the +25 at the Loretta Lynn's regional. While there he was parked next to a 15 year old kid who did something I felt was pretty damn noteworthy. This wasn't a stunt.. the kid doesn't have much money and this is what he was able to pull together.

He took this thing..

And did this with it.. yes that's the HIGHLY competitive 250B mod class.. yes.. that 1985 CR250 won a moto against 42 other dudes. My friend said he was scrubbing and riding the shit out of this thing all weekend. Unfortunately his 1st moto finish was mid-pack so the results weren't enough to get him qualified in the 250B. But he did easily make it in the 2-stroke B/C with a 2nd overall. So if he feels like making the trip to race just 1 class (he could also possibly make it in the B as an alternate) then you'll see this bike tearing up Loretta Lynn's.

My new hero....Way cool
DA498
6/18/2013 6:58pm
Rupert X wrote:
@RealRupertX: Jerry Robin is more popular in motocross right now - than a TwoTwo Tablecloth.
Right On Rupe! Bump this to a 10 pager! Fricken tablecloth.......COME ON!!!
MR. X
6/18/2013 7:34pm
I think the people who are apprehensive are fueled by some jealousy.
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
6/18/2013 8:44pm
Don't listen to 500guy and vanilla, they're just whacked out or something.

Jerry just showed up and raced. We're the ones who approached him. We don't need to worry if he needs help and support, we just need to think about different ways to help.
olds cool
6/18/2013 9:02pm
MR. X wrote:
I think the people who are apprehensive are fueled by some jealousy.
Well let's just say that young Jerry doesn't advance some peoples' theory that 2 strokes are dead and 4 strokes are technologically superior.
.Turtle
6/18/2013 9:36pm
Weird deal. Family turned down a big offer to help this kid out today.
Jack mehoff
6/18/2013 10:12pm
.Turtle wrote:
Can you elaborate ?
Wes782
6/19/2013 4:28am
.Turtle wrote:
I wonder if they already have something else. Can you elaborate?
FIREfish148
6/19/2013 5:10am
He said he was trying to get noticed... Why would he take some teams stuff with all the equipment now when they didn't give him shit before? He looked super comfy on that thing though. I wonder how similar the 85's are to the 89? My girlfriend has a 89 cr 250 and I was blown away with how well that thing got up and down. Honestly the motor seemed to kick the shit out of my buddies 2002 that I rode.

Id'e pitch in some money but I'm a broke ass bitch myself. lol
VET74
6/19/2013 6:22am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2013 7:05am
Nice holeshot!

DavidR
6/19/2013 6:53am
So, this thread starts out as a nice story about a kid racing a 28 year old dirtbike and along the way is transformed in to a story of a kid trying to scam Vital out of their cash. Classic Vital!
MOTO120
6/19/2013 7:35am
Maybe it's time for GuyB to do a clean-up on aisle "1985 strikes back at LL quali"......
Bytor
6/19/2013 7:44am
Great story, and I do wish Jerry the best at LL's. thought about a donation but will forgo that now that I hear they are declining others support. Maybe his dad wants to just doit on there own. More power to them.
6/19/2013 8:21am
Bytor wrote:
Great story, and I do wish Jerry the best at LL's. thought about a donation but will forgo that now that I hear they are declining...
Great story, and I do wish Jerry the best at LL's. thought about a donation but will forgo that now that I hear they are declining others support. Maybe his dad wants to just doit on there own. More power to them.
just curious, how do you know what he was offered? What if it was a new 250F and they turned it down because they like 2 strokes and don't want to be forced like so many top riders, to move to 4 strokes? How do you know, that they may not have been offered a free anything. Most riders are offered a discount off of bikes and parts etc. Maybe they don't have the money to take the offer of 50% off retail on a new bike. There are so many if's and you say you would have donated. Doubt it. Most who donate, don't care if he was trying to get attention or not. They look at the fact that he regularly rides and races this bike. He races against new $10k + bikes (modded class remember). For those that say his parts are any more expensive, haven't looked. You can get every part (except original plastics and other OEM parts), easily and no more expensive than 2007 CR250 parts. Most all on ebay.

As for 500guy. Damn I don't miss this place. You are such a dickwad. I only came because I saw a facebook post about a donation page for this guy listed on Vital. Thing is, sure I'm anti new 4 stroke due to cost and the good of the sport. But when I see someone line up on a 1995 XR400 or KTM 900 or whatever old bike, I am happy to see it. I think it is cool that someone on a vintage bike and definitely considered behind the 8 ball, waxing the ass of a new $10k bike. Even if 100% of the bikes on the line were 2 strokes, I'd still cheer on a 28 year old bike. Especially since he rides this bike often, not like he dusted it off, just to get attention and then will put it back. He rides and races it.
Bytor
6/19/2013 8:31am
Bytor wrote:
Great story, and I do wish Jerry the best at LL's. thought about a donation but will forgo that now that I hear they are declining...
just curious, how do you know what he was offered? What if it was a new 250F and they turned it down because they like 2...
just curious, how do you know what he was offered? What if it was a new 250F and they turned it down because they like 2 strokes and don't want to be forced like so many top riders, to move to 4 strokes? How do you know, that they may not have been offered a free anything. Most riders are offered a discount off of bikes and parts etc. Maybe they don't have the money to take the offer of 50% off retail on a new bike. There are so many if's and you say you would have donated. Doubt it. Most who donate, don't care if he was trying to get attention or not. They look at the fact that he regularly rides and races this bike. He races against new $10k + bikes (modded class remember). For those that say his parts are any more expensive, haven't looked. You can get every part (except original plastics and other OEM parts), easily and no more expensive than 2007 CR250 parts. Most all on ebay.

As for 500guy. Damn I don't miss this place. You are such a dickwad. I only came because I saw a facebook post about a donation page for this guy listed on Vital. Thing is, sure I'm anti new 4 stroke due to cost and the good of the sport. But when I see someone line up on a 1995 XR400 or KTM 900 or whatever old bike, I am happy to see it. I think it is cool that someone on a vintage bike and definitely considered behind the 8 ball, waxing the ass of a new $10k bike. Even if 100% of the bikes on the line were 2 strokes, I'd still cheer on a 28 year old bike. Especially since he rides this bike often, not like he dusted it off, just to get attention and then will put it back. He rides and races it.
A little bird told me.
Arkmx
6/19/2013 8:35am

Post a reply to: 1985 strikes back at LL quali

The Latest