1985 strikes back at LL quali

mark_swart
6/17/2013 10:01am
That is truly awesome! I had an 85, mine seemed like all bottom end, which would actually make it pretty easy to ride.
Man I am stoked to see this kid out there ripping it up on that old bike. I am no longer nervous about breaking out my 94 KX 250 for the +40 class!
plynn41
6/17/2013 10:32am
Love this! Kudos to the kid!

Also like the modern number plate on the front of the old bike Smile
APLMAN99
6/17/2013 10:38am
friday10 wrote:
They handle great but stock they are very slow.
hammertime wrote:
the best part of this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about! that was a great bike...no, not as great as the...
the best part of this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about! that was a great bike...no, not as great as the 86-87...but still one of the best cr 250's ever made. with simply a pipe, that thing was a beast.
vet323 wrote:
hammer knows what's up- the '85 was a very good bike.
I never rode mine when it was stock. I got it in early 86 and it was heavily modified. The bike was far faster than I was, that's for sure!

And the handling was phenomenal, especially compared to the KTM 495 I'd been riding!
MXMatt866
6/17/2013 11:04am
I made the video that someone else linked to earlier. Jerry Robin is one of the nicest, most approachable kids you will ever meet in our sport. He is totally deserving of sponsorship, and support. Reminds me of a young Wil Hahn, or Ryan Dungey in that regard.

The Shop

6/17/2013 11:51am
Hey guys Jerry Robin here! I see all of the support im getting and im honestly very shocked and I couldn't thank anyone enough.. I say that guy who made the donation idea so if anyone is interested in donations here is my address because I don't know how to setup a paypal or anything like that so just mail it!
4522 Willow Drive, Hamel, MN 55340
Thank you!! Keep up the sharing and I want to make my fans proud at lorettas this year(:
jleews6
6/17/2013 12:04pm
Hey guys Jerry Robin here! I see all of the support im getting and im honestly very shocked and I couldn't thank anyone enough.. I say...
Hey guys Jerry Robin here! I see all of the support im getting and im honestly very shocked and I couldn't thank anyone enough.. I say that guy who made the donation idea so if anyone is interested in donations here is my address because I don't know how to setup a paypal or anything like that so just mail it!
Thank you!! Keep up the sharing and I want to make my fans proud at lorettas this year(:
Good luck kid. I will be in to help you get to Lorettas. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Practice as much as you can and work on those sprints.
Shawn142
6/17/2013 12:19pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2013 12:20pm
Hey guys Jerry Robin here! I see all of the support im getting and im honestly very shocked and I couldn't thank anyone enough.. I say...
Vital loves 2 things, underdogs and 2-strokes. You added a new layer with the old 2-stroke. I'm sure someone would be willing to help walk you through a Paypal setup because that's a lot easier than donating via snail mail. Good luck at Loretta's and in racing.
HULT329
6/17/2013 12:54pm
This kid is the real deal!! He's got so much talent!! I race with him every weekend and very good friends with him. He is fast as hell on that bike and one of the fastest if not the fastest on the track and off the track he's the nicest kid ever! I will be putting together a video for him for LL's to help with support and funding to get him there.
Dirtydane
6/17/2013 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2013 1:13pm
O.M.G!

I have not even clicked this thread(i click almost everything) because i really thought it was some "internal oldschool post, that only some would get" or some moto-daddy-protest-whine-thread.

BUT THANK GOD I CLICKED!

What an awesome story!

Such a bummer the kid fell in heat 1 when he got the lead, think about if he had gotten that 1-1-7 result!

Anyway, best of luck to you Jerry, im a fan!

Best regards from Sweden
MXMatt866
6/17/2013 1:13pm
HULT329 wrote:
This kid is the real deal!! He's got so much talent!! I race with him every weekend and very good friends with him. He is fast...
This kid is the real deal!! He's got so much talent!! I race with him every weekend and very good friends with him. He is fast as hell on that bike and one of the fastest if not the fastest on the track and off the track he's the nicest kid ever! I will be putting together a video for him for LL's to help with support and funding to get him there.
Wished we could have teamed up at Spring Creek. I obviously know Jerry too, but not nearly as well as you do ! Always love watching the videos taken by people who know the rider.

Be sure to get his Mom and dad in the video, Super cool parents, and full of smiles all weekend. Love modest, and genuine parents like that, makes our sport SOOO much nicer than the loud obnoxious families that appear at almost every race these days!
drmarkr
6/17/2013 1:18pm
Get your paypal set up Jerry.....many would prefer to use that over snail mail!!!
Dirtydane
6/17/2013 1:19pm
Can someone help him to set up a paypal-account? That will be so much easier for the donators and will increase the chance of getting support, rather than just the address.
evomx244
6/17/2013 1:45pm
Since Jerry doesn't have a paypal account, we can use my account and I'll send all the donations to Jerry and his family.
I keep everybody posted on how much money we can raise for this awesome kid. All of us vintage guys are so behind this kid!

vintagemx247@aol.com is my paypal account ID.
notme
6/17/2013 1:49pm
All he needs is a credit card.
This is the story of the year IMO!
6/17/2013 1:50pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
I loved mine! But I bought it from an old timer who had done some good mods to it. Ohlins shock, Simons anti-cav forks, full PC...
I loved mine! But I bought it from an old timer who had done some good mods to it. Ohlins shock, Simons anti-cav forks, full PC motor (before PC was the big deal). The bike was awesome, but maybe because his guy had maintained it so that it was much better than new.
friday10 wrote:
They handle great but stock they are very slow.
hammertime wrote:
the best part of this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about! that was a great bike...no, not as great as the...
the best part of this thread is that you have no idea what you're talking about! that was a great bike...no, not as great as the 86-87...but still one of the best cr 250's ever made. with simply a pipe, that thing was a beast.
Was? Is!
The beauty of a older bike is, if you lose, you have a good excuse
But if you win.....GOLDEN.
That young man hurt some feelings and isn't that what racing is REALLY about?
Smile with pride Jerry, smile with pride
6/17/2013 1:52pm
evomx244 wrote:
Since Jerry doesn't have a paypal account, we can use my account and I'll send all the donations to Jerry and his family. I keep everybody...
Since Jerry doesn't have a paypal account, we can use my account and I'll send all the donations to Jerry and his family.
I keep everybody posted on how much money we can raise for this awesome kid. All of us vintage guys are so behind this kid!

vintagemx247@aol.com is my paypal account ID.
What will your administrative fees be? Hehe
reded
6/17/2013 1:54pm
Money sent to evo's paypal.

Good Luck Kid!
HULT329
6/17/2013 2:02pm
I am setting up a Pay pal for him right now everybody!!
j100
6/17/2013 2:18pm
no one will have the heart to protest that kid. c'mon

this video made me smile, to say the least.
6/17/2013 2:31pm
Okay guys I got a PayPal set up for anyone who wants to do donations to help me out to get to Lorettas, Here it is!
Its under my dads name Daniel Robin
dbdnj@q.com
j100
6/17/2013 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2013 2:35pm
Okay guys I got a PayPal set up for anyone who wants to do donations to help me out to get to Lorettas, Here it is...
Okay guys I got a PayPal set up for anyone who wants to do donations to help me out to get to Lorettas, Here it is!
dbdnj@q.com
send me and email and i will get you some gear for LL.
LouDog
6/17/2013 2:45pm
Pretty Bad Ass just go's to show you how bad this kid wants to race and doesn't care about what he has.
jleews6
6/17/2013 2:50pm
Okay guys I got a PayPal set up for anyone who wants to do donations to help me out to get to Lorettas, Here it is...
dbdnj@q.com
j100 wrote:
send me and email and i will get you some gear for LL.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/17/2013 3:00pm
dbdnj@q.com
Dude... you got to take that trusty CR to Loretta's.
I mean you don't HAVE too, but thousands would love to see it!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/17/2013 3:07pm
Wonder if he will be protested or not???
Anyone who protests him riding that bike needs to get a serious attitude adjustment.
6/17/2013 3:20pm
GuyB wrote:
Anyone who protests him riding that bike needs to get a serious attitude adjustment.
Quote for the truth!
6/17/2013 3:29pm
I'll rate this the feel good story of the year. Keep up the hardwork and I hope to see him at Loretta's on that beast.
agn5009
6/17/2013 4:13pm
Wonder if he will be protested or not???
GuyB wrote:
Can't agree more!

Post a reply to: 1985 strikes back at LL quali

The Latest