1980 CR250 (incorrectly listed as 75, but seems cheap enough!)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2017 11:55 AM

|

9/13/2017 12:00 PM

Damn that's a good find

|

9/13/2017 12:23 PM

Thurston County ORV Park. 37 Years ago. I never much cared for the 1980, 78/79 way better bikes IMO.

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/13/2017 12:37 PM

Common to find misidentified model years on craigs but usually the other way , ha ha.

|

9/13/2017 3:21 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

Common to find misidentified model years on craigs but usually the other way , ha ha.

Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot of guys don't care when it comes to dirtsickles, but I have only bought a couple without titles ever and I always wonder if I've bought someone else's stolen bike. Just a weird feeling for me. I can see how a bike this old might have gotten out of the "title" cycle after several owners, though.

|

9/13/2017 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2017 3:28 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Yep! I'm tempted to drive over if it's still available, but I have always hated not having a title to a bike. I know a lot of guys don't care when it comes to dirtsickles, but I have only bought a couple without titles ever and I always wonder if I've bought someone else's stolen bike. Just a weird feeling for me. I can see how a bike this old might have gotten out of the "title" cycle after several owners, though.

Pretty much no vintage "barn find" bike is ever going to have a title.

|

9/13/2017 3:38 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

I'd just ask them to write up a bill of sale with the vin and sign it . If they won't do that I'd pass . I'd love to find one of those around here.

|

9/13/2017 4:25 PM

Damn, you can still find some pretty cool parts for those old Hondas too.......

Photo

|

9/13/2017 4:45 PM

Throw this on for less than $150 and it already would look better!!!!! Unfortunately the matching Forx might just be exponentially higher than that......

Photo

|

9/13/2017 6:53 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was a midrange bike unlike the high revving 78/79. Flimsy forks, junky shocks and peanut brittle rims. Other than that, great bike!

|

9/13/2017 7:00 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

newmann wrote:

Dirt cheap bargain. you could make a quick $500.00 on that one easily. Or spend a chunk a make a great vintage racer. 80 model was a midrange bike unlike the high revving 78/79. Flimsy forks, junky shocks and peanut brittle rims. Other than that, great bike!

Newman, don't you have anything bad to say about the 80 smile

|

9/13/2017 7:49 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

newmann wrote:

stillwelding wrote:

Newman, don't you have anything bad to say about the 80 smile

Only that I wish I hadn't sold mine.laughing I found a cherry low hour one back around 1998 and put on a mint set of $500.00 Fox Factory Forx, $300.00 Fox swing arm and a set of remote reservoir Fox spring shocks along with a set of Sun Rims. Bikes were reasonable back then, as were Fox goodies. Try finding those items today...w00t It's like Honda released a works bike to the public back in 78, but kept the cost down in the suspension department.

|

9/13/2017 7:53 PM

Those pics,
Damn MX used to be cool.

|

9/13/2017 8:27 PM

ATKpilot99 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

newmann wrote:

It should be gone any minute I'd think. If it was just a little closer I'd snatch it up right away, but it's about 3+ hours west and I'm in the middle of harvest. Might have a short day on Sunday and if by some strange chance it's still available, I'd probably make the 7 hour round trip for it.

|

9/13/2017 8:33 PM

I would snap that thing up asap. If all you gotta do is clean the carb and your ripping, thats the best deal iv'e ever seen....

|

Hope for the best, Prepare for the worst.