19 Yz250f

Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 1:39pm
|
BR8ES
6/8/2018 4:32pm
It is Purdy, bet it will go really well too.
swtwtwtw
6/8/2018 9:07pm
Will Hahn was on one today here in SoCal
drt410
6/11/2018 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 1:10pm
This is gonna have to be the best 250. KYB-best suspension, most powerful motor, most reliable, mass centralization, now electric start and thin shrouds. People used to have to buy the powerflow shroud kit. Now it comes just as thin stock and looks even better. Theres a reason so many privateers use these and why when they had top riders on them they won everything. This thing is a work of art. Basically perfection. The only thing I dont like is the blue valve cover. Id change that.

CAN NOT wait to see these built for the teams or even just some trick personal bikes. This thing with a pipe, graphics, black rims... is going to be incredible.

This bike is a work of art. The Husky pre RE to me was the nicest bike ever, still probably is but damn this is close. What could you really change from here? Not much. Its like the 08 R1, the only was to go from there was down. Maybe keep trimming it up from here like the new FE KTM. I hope they stick with this style and maybe only thin/trim it up like the FE KTM....which is what Husky should have done too but thats water under the bridge now.
usafwx
6/11/2018 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 1:02pm
drt410 wrote:
This is gonna have to be the best 250. KYB-best suspension, most powerful motor, most reliable, mass centralization, now electric start and thin shrouds. People used...
This is gonna have to be the best 250. KYB-best suspension, most powerful motor, most reliable, mass centralization, now electric start and thin shrouds. People used to have to buy the powerflow shroud kit. Now it comes just as thin stock and looks even better. Theres a reason so many privateers use these and why when they had top riders on them they won everything. This thing is a work of art. Basically perfection. The only thing I dont like is the blue valve cover. Id change that.

CAN NOT wait to see these built for the teams or even just some trick personal bikes. This thing with a pipe, graphics, black rims... is going to be incredible.

This bike is a work of art. The Husky pre RE to me was the nicest bike ever, still probably is but damn this is close. What could you really change from here? Not much. Its like the 08 R1, the only was to go from there was down. Maybe keep trimming it up from here like the new FE KTM. I hope they stick with this style and maybe only thin/trim it up like the FE KTM....which is what Husky should have done too but thats water under the bridge now.
When I was riding these from 14-16 (I had a 14, 15 and 16) I would have agreed with you. But after getting on my 16 CRF250R I disagree. This may have more power and better forks/suspension, but the Honda kills it in the handling/cornering/feeling on the track department. The mass centralization still leaves a front end that likes to wander and a unpredictable rear. And reliability wasnt so great 14 and 15, 14 had water impeller and shift stopper problems and 15 had snapping cranks. Still a great package and top 3 easy for the reasons you listed, but it does lose in some areas to the other manufacturers.

The Shop

GregDVT
6/11/2018 1:18pm
Only thing I don’t like is the side number plates. I think the last generations looked better, but that’s a very minor detail in the grand scheme of things
TJMX947
6/11/2018 1:25pm
usafwx wrote:
When I was riding these from 14-16 (I had a 14, 15 and 16) I would have agreed with you. But after getting on my 16...
When I was riding these from 14-16 (I had a 14, 15 and 16) I would have agreed with you. But after getting on my 16 CRF250R I disagree. This may have more power and better forks/suspension, but the Honda kills it in the handling/cornering/feeling on the track department. The mass centralization still leaves a front end that likes to wander and a unpredictable rear. And reliability wasnt so great 14 and 15, 14 had water impeller and shift stopper problems and 15 had snapping cranks. Still a great package and top 3 easy for the reasons you listed, but it does lose in some areas to the other manufacturers.
I'm with you. I rode a few bikes in 2014 when I was trying to decide what 450 to get, the Yamaha forks were awesome but I just loved how the Honda felt on the track, just very confidence inspiring.
usafwx
6/11/2018 1:28pm
TJMX947 wrote:
I'm with you. I rode a few bikes in 2014 when I was trying to decide what 450 to get, the Yamaha forks were awesome but...
I'm with you. I rode a few bikes in 2014 when I was trying to decide what 450 to get, the Yamaha forks were awesome but I just loved how the Honda felt on the track, just very confidence inspiring.
Have been on orange, blue and red, thought blue was the only color to have for awhile then I got on red. Wink
drt410
6/11/2018 1:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 1:39pm
Older model, but I always like what Rocket does.

drt410
6/11/2018 1:37pm
usafwx wrote:
When I was riding these from 14-16 (I had a 14, 15 and 16) I would have agreed with you. But after getting on my 16...
TJMX947 wrote:
I'm with you. I rode a few bikes in 2014 when I was trying to decide what 450 to get, the Yamaha forks were awesome but...
Different strokes for different folks. Im just very happy with the direction all the manufacturors are headed. Other than Suzuki all of the new 250 bikes are incredible. I guess the kawi hasnt changed tooo much either but they like Suzuki have a new 450 that the 250 will inevitably be modeled after. The Honda, KTM, Husky, Yamaha are all incredible bikes now. Theyre really stepping it up, for a while the Japanese bikes were very far off of the KTM/Husky but theyve caught back up and even surpassed them in some cases.

Post a reply to: 19 Yz250f

The Latest