19 Honda 450 RWE

9/6/2018 4:35pm
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look...
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look at the head and did not notice any hand ported head. Simple question, but if you have never worked on a engine, you might be confused.
kiwifan wrote:
I am a little confused, the OP says "Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and...
I am a little confused, the OP says "Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and then had the cylinder made????" but then you say your buddy has 2 (gee he must be a pro to have 2) and has taken off the head and didn't notice it was "ported"....so either that is your answer or this smells a little fishy. Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I am reading to much into it?
[b]Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I...
Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I am reading to much into it?

He does not have a 19 stock head to compare. But he has had almost every year Honda CRF 450 since first built, also Cr 125’s, CR 250’s from 1973 to the last 2 stroke. The motor is apart for a transmission coating and some trick items that includes all ti-Bolts, clutch, etc. possible to have the head “HAND PORTED/POLISH. He was not complaining about the head, just when he took it off and checked it out, he thought he might see a hand ported head, maybe with HRC or MUGEN scratched inside the head. But maybe he is retarded (or physical and multiple disabilities) also.

From Honda
a special hand-ported cylinder head,

Can you post up some pics of the intake and exhaust ports ?
I have some b4 and after pics of my 17’ CRF 450.
RonH cnc ported the head, and then hand finished it.
Im curious what that works head looks like.

motoman0
Fantasy
1153rd
9/6/2018 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 6:46pm
Some of the parts are under vin# controller order. I know the fork tubes were not on list. Going to order some for the RX. We tried to order rad shrouds just to put up and they were controlled.
Moto96
9/6/2018 7:51pm
Thats ALOT of Carbon for one of these clean burning, hippy, greenie, EFI good for the environment 4 strokes!

They running diesel in that thing?
gsxr6
9/7/2018 1:19pm
Moto96 wrote:
Thats ALOT of Carbon for one of these clean burning, hippy, greenie, EFI good for the environment 4 strokes!

They running diesel in that thing?
Premix bro

The Shop

PFitzG38
9/7/2018 6:46pm
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look...
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look at the head and did not notice any hand ported head. Simple question, but if you have never worked on a engine, you might be confused.
How did your buddy get 2? Most shops didn't even get 1.
bd
9/8/2018 11:39am
Carter Motorsports in Las Vegas has two CRF 450 RWE and one JA21 Husky. Those CRFs look bitchen.
Herb Eaversmells
Fantasy
4304th
9/8/2018 1:24pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
Didn’t say he bought them at they same place.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/8/2018 1:47pm
PFitzG38 wrote:
Villa ?
Herb Eaversmells
Fantasy
4304th
9/8/2018 1:55pm
Not given out names, but he just sold his tricked out 17 450 with New A kit suspension.
H4L
9/8/2018 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2018 3:45pm
Just found out there was only 12 allocated to CA according to a Honda rep.. If that's the case your friend lucked out on getting 2 of them.

Edit : Was given wrong info.. There are actually more than 12 in CA. Found out through a more trusty Honda source..
VRR7
8/20/2019 11:30pm
Dirt Bike - The power increase is undeniable. The Works Edition has more mid-range and top end. Between the power increase of the standard model and the Works Edition bonus, it might even be the class champion, power wise.

The Yosh slip-ons are worth almost $1000, the suspension coatings are worth more than that and head porting can go from $250 to $1500. ???
VRR7
8/20/2019 11:33pm
Maybe ML will be able to shed some light ?
VRR7
8/21/2019 11:23pm
Cylinder head: The GYTR cylinder head comes as a complete unit (with the valve train fully assembled). GYTR starts with a blank casting from the Japanese factory (same as the ones that would appear on a production bike). Then, instead of sending it to a craftsman to port by hand, they program a five-axis CNC machine with their well-tested digital specs. The machine does all the work (and the machine is at the Cosworth factory). This means that all GYTR heads are precisely the same. There are no variations. You don’t get a head that was ported on Friday afternoon by a grinder who wanted to go home.

Post a reply to: 19 Honda 450 RWE

The Latest