19 Honda 450 RWE

Edited Date/Time 8/21/2019 11:23pm
Looking for the ultimate 450? Then check out our new CRF450R Works Edition. You get all the improvements of this year’s bike plus a special hand-ported cylinder head,

Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and then had the cylinder made????
|
Xeno
9/5/2018 4:37pm
I can't answer your question directly, but porting on 4-stroke heads includes grinding the ends of the valve guides. That portion of work can't be achieved during the casting process.
xr70
9/5/2018 5:20pm
Looking for the ultimate 450? Then check out our new CRF450R Works Edition. You get all the improvements of this year’s bike plus [b]a special hand-ported...
Looking for the ultimate 450? Then check out our new CRF450R Works Edition. You get all the improvements of this year’s bike plus a special hand-ported cylinder head,

Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and then had the cylinder made????
Are you retarded?
GPrider
9/5/2018 5:44pm
Looking for the ultimate 450? Then check out our new CRF450R Works Edition. You get all the improvements of this year’s bike plus [b]a special hand-ported...

xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
why in the world would you take the time to reply, "Are you retarded"? The people on this site are so hateful its ridiculous. Try to respect people. Fuck
Jrewing
9/5/2018 5:52pm
Xeno wrote:
I can't answer your question directly, but porting on 4-stroke heads includes grinding the ends of the valve guides. That portion of work can't be achieved...
I can't answer your question directly, but porting on 4-stroke heads includes grinding the ends of the valve guides. That portion of work can't be achieved during the casting process.
My uninformed guess, they are just scratching the surface so people see it through the ports and go WOW look at the grind marks. Be curious to see much has changed.
Hopefully old RonH is kicking around and can tell us!

The Shop

9/5/2018 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 6:43pm
They took the standard OEM 450 head and ported the intake ports. Then they used clever language like "special" and "hand-ported' to make you think it's "works" which it is not. It's a ported head, which is not hard to do and takes about 30 minutes. You can't mold a "ported" head. The whole point is to smooth out the rough cast aluminum intake ports to make airflow more efficient. Exhaust ports are typically not ported.

I personally prefer free-range, organic gluten free hand-ported heads, but to each his own.
JWACK
9/5/2018 7:09pm
They took the standard OEM 450 head and ported the intake ports. Then they used clever language like "special" and "hand-ported' to make you think it's...
They took the standard OEM 450 head and ported the intake ports. Then they used clever language like "special" and "hand-ported' to make you think it's "works" which it is not. It's a ported head, which is not hard to do and takes about 30 minutes. You can't mold a "ported" head. The whole point is to smooth out the rough cast aluminum intake ports to make airflow more efficient. Exhaust ports are typically not ported.

I personally prefer free-range, organic gluten free hand-ported heads, but to each his own.
30 minute port jobs are my favorite.
xr70
9/5/2018 9:03pm

xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
GPrider wrote:
why in the world would you take the time to reply, "Are you retarded"? The people on this site are so hateful its ridiculous. Try to...
why in the world would you take the time to reply, "Are you retarded"? The people on this site are so hateful its ridiculous. Try to respect people. Fuck
Hey douche bag! Seriously? If someone cannot understand the simplicity of that sentence, then I don't know what to say. And, by the way, read the last two words in my signature.
9/5/2018 9:21pm
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
GPrider wrote:
why in the world would you take the time to reply, "Are you retarded"? The people on this site are so hateful its ridiculous. Try to...
xr70 wrote:
Hey douche bag! Seriously? If someone cannot understand the simplicity of that sentence, then I don't know what to say. And, by the way, read the...
Hey douche bag! Seriously? If someone cannot understand the simplicity of that sentence, then I don't know what to say. And, by the way, read the last two words in my signature.
You need a nap man? How about some pizza and Rocket League?
xr70
9/5/2018 9:27pm
GPrider wrote:
xr70 wrote:
Hey douche bag! Seriously? If someone cannot understand the simplicity of that sentence, then I don't know what to say. And, by the way, read the...
You need a nap man? How about some pizza and Rocket League?
You must be some standup comedian right?
drt410
9/5/2018 10:33pm

xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
GPrider wrote:
Because if you havent noticed this forum is full of hate filled douche bags. Every time I post something I always wonder what kind of db comments Im going to get. Idk what it is but this is the worst forum Ive ever seen. Cant even ask an honest question without getting shit like this. It would be nice if those people didnt reply and only people with an answer did, but not how it works. In the post I made today I was literally blown away that people just responded in normal fashion about the topic. Idk what I did but somehow nobody immediately ripped on me for no reason. Win.
9/5/2018 10:45pm
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look at the head and did not notice any hand ported head. Simple question, but if you have never worked on a engine, you might be confused.
Turbojez
9/6/2018 3:15am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 3:16am
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
I'd love to see you take some time off the board to maybe concentrate on growing up.
Donovan759
9/6/2018 6:26am
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
GPrider wrote:
xr70 wrote:
Note to self: Do not invite xr70 to parties.
agn5009
9/6/2018 6:58am
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
GPrider wrote:
xr70 wrote:
Have you decided what your new usernames gonna be? You gonna bump down to xr50 or bump up to xr80?
mxtech1
9/6/2018 8:16am

My best guess is they hand ported the first heads while developing the WE spec. Based on what they ended with, they then developed a special program for the CNC mills to duplicate the hand porting. Although not impossible, I find it hard to believe anyone at Honda is hand porting these heads for the production bikes when the same thing can be accomplished on the CNC machines while producing the stock head..
WarrenMX
9/6/2018 8:21am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 8:22am
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
Ironically, your signature indicates in a tongue-in-cheek manner that you may at times have trouble spelling or putting a coherent sentence together and that people should get over it (or blow you). But here you are calling someone retarded for that very same thing.

According to your very own logic, you owe the OP a blow job.
jeffro503
9/6/2018 8:25am
xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
WarrenMX wrote:
Ironically, your signature indicates in a tongue-in-cheek manner that you may at times have trouble spelling or putting a coherent sentence together and that people should...
Ironically, your signature indicates in a tongue-in-cheek manner that you may at times have trouble spelling or putting a coherent sentence together and that people should get over it (or blow you). But here you are calling someone retarded for that very same thing.

According to your very own logic, you owe the OP a blow job.
Haha! LaughingLaughing
xr70
9/6/2018 11:42am
Nice ! At least we are having some fun now, this place gets boring some times .
Moto96
9/6/2018 12:12pm
Takes works edition to lorettas in the stock class. Gets protested. Head comes off, its been ground on.

Try convincing anyone it's stock! Especially if the protester has a Non works edition head to compare..LMAO. Maybe they should cast it, with totally different porting specs.

Could be a potential cluster if the WE Head does indeed indicate hand ported grinding.

On the other side, all those with NON WE Heads can run Ported heads and say Hey, I bought the OEM Head from a WE!
Leaves it wide open for a serious head work mod.

Anyone have a picture of the WE head compared to the Non WE?

H4L
9/6/2018 12:22pm
Moto96 wrote:
Takes works edition to lorettas in the stock class. Gets protested. Head comes off, its been ground on. Try convincing anyone it's stock! Especially if the...
Takes works edition to lorettas in the stock class. Gets protested. Head comes off, its been ground on.

Try convincing anyone it's stock! Especially if the protester has a Non works edition head to compare..LMAO. Maybe they should cast it, with totally different porting specs.

Could be a potential cluster if the WE Head does indeed indicate hand ported grinding.

On the other side, all those with NON WE Heads can run Ported heads and say Hey, I bought the OEM Head from a WE!

You can't buy an oem WE head without being the owner of one & having the vin of the bike. I'd imagine the owner will have to have proof of owner if buying a replacement head from Honda.
Moto96
9/6/2018 1:08pm
Moto96 wrote:
Takes works edition to lorettas in the stock class. Gets protested. Head comes off, its been ground on. Try convincing anyone it's stock! Especially if the...

H4L wrote:
You can't buy an oem WE head without being the owner of one & having the vin of the bike. I'd imagine the owner will have...
You can't buy an oem WE head without being the owner of one & having the vin of the bike. I'd imagine the owner will have to have proof of owner if buying a replacement head from Honda.
So a tech guy at Lorettas is going to know what bikes are WE and which arent? What if a Non WE bike has WE stickers and looks like a WE?

BTW, I just called a dealer and asked if I could buy a replacement WE Head, and he said yes, but it is special order and they have any in stock as it's too soon.
Didn't ask about a VIN Number or could I prove I already had a WE bike.

I dont think ANY dealer is going to turn away selling parts. Oh, you want an OEM head, yah, we don't want your money.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
9/6/2018 1:14pm
For that matter, is a WE legal at Loretta's? Maybe it is; it is sold in that particular configuration on the showroom floor.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/6/2018 1:17pm
Moto96 wrote:

Don't believe there's a stock class anymore. I believe it's not Limited.
kiwifan
9/6/2018 1:24pm
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look...
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look at the head and did not notice any hand ported head. Simple question, but if you have never worked on a engine, you might be confused.
I am a little confused, the OP says "Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and then had the cylinder made????" but then you say your buddy has 2 (gee he must be a pro to have 2) and has taken off the head and didn't notice it was "ported"....so either that is your answer or this smells a little fishy. Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I am reading to much into it?
Moto96
9/6/2018 1:42pm
Moto96 wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:
Don't believe there's a stock class anymore. I believe it's not Limited.
If thats the case Lorettas has really jumped the shark since they have past Pros racing amateurs, amateurs who have won money at races(Read the definition of Professional), and if Mod bikes are allowed, now you've basically took out the people who can only go as fast as they can afford.

Gone are the days of a Fosnock showing up and waxing all the top guys on a beater clapped out stocker showing up in a truck. You're gonna need parents with millions, million dollar trust funds(Read Getting paid) with million dollar rigs to go there and be competitive.

All I could find with Limited classes was this........

The following are NOT permitted in the LIMITED CLASS:
a. High compression pistons, port clean-up; metal hand guards; or aftermarket ECU units.
b. Changes or modifications to the internal engine components, frame, sub-frame, carburetor, EFI throttle body, air box, intake boot, swing arm, rim size, lower/bottom triple clamp, and wheel hubs. Engine blue printing and crank balancing are prohibited.

yz25
9/6/2018 1:49pm

xr70 wrote:
Are you retarded?
Speaking from a father with a child that has special needs..... It amazing how adults to this day use that word.

Off topic... Sorry... Carry on.
9/6/2018 2:24pm
That’s ok xr69, I am a little retarded. But my buddy has two of these bikes and has taken the engine apart. He took a look...
kiwifan wrote:
I am a little confused, the OP says "Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and...
I am a little confused, the OP says "Has anybody looked at the head? Is ever cylinder hand ported or did they port a mold and then had the cylinder made????" but then you say your buddy has 2 (gee he must be a pro to have 2) and has taken off the head and didn't notice it was "ported"....so either that is your answer or this smells a little fishy. Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I am reading to much into it?
Did your buddy compare it to a 2019 head? not sure why anyone would take off a head just to see if it was "ported"...maybe I am reading to much into it?

He does not have a 19 stock head to compare. But he has had almost every year Honda CRF 450 since first built, also Cr 125’s, CR 250’s from 1973 to the last 2 stroke. The motor is apart for a transmission coating and some trick items that includes all ti-Bolts, clutch, etc. possible to have the head “HAND PORTED/POLISH. He was not complaining about the head, just when he took it off and checked it out, he thought he might see a hand ported head, maybe with HRC or MUGEN scratched inside the head. But maybe he is retarded (or physical and multiple disabilities) also.

From Honda
a special hand-ported cylinder head,

mister2dt
9/6/2018 2:35pm
If you have never been around professionaly done, hand porting and polishing, you have no idea what you are looking at. Yes, it looks nothing like your normal cast head with mild blemish removal. But, unless you have done it, or run and worked on engines with them, you would have no idea.

You dont polish to a shine intake runners or ports, you polish to a swirl, this mixes your gas/air mixture for a cleaner burn, ie: more power. You do however, polish to a mirror shine the exhaust ports and runners to excavate the spent charge as fast as possible. This creates somewhat of a vacuum for the intake to pull more air/fuel in.

A quick way to see if something has been done, pull out the intake and exhaust gaskets. See if the head is port matched to the gaskets. That is a tell tale sign something has been done. Seamless transition, higher flow
H4L
9/6/2018 4:24pm
Moto96 wrote:
So a tech guy at Lorettas is going to know what bikes are WE and which arent? What if a Non WE bike has WE stickers...
So a tech guy at Lorettas is going to know what bikes are WE and which arent? What if a Non WE bike has WE stickers and looks like a WE?

BTW, I just called a dealer and asked if I could buy a replacement WE Head, and he said yes, but it is special order and they have any in stock as it's too soon.
Didn't ask about a VIN Number or could I prove I already had a WE bike.

I dont think ANY dealer is going to turn away selling parts. Oh, you want an OEM head, yah, we don't want your money.
Interesting. I just called a local Honda dealer & was told this - It's available through controlled sales through Honda only.
You will need to bring in the original head to confirm damage & also need proof of being the owner with also having the vin #..
Maybe the dealer you called hasn't gotten the memo in Canada ? Or it's some young parts kid that didn't look up the correct part # 19 WE head ?

Post a reply to: 19 Honda 450 RWE

The Latest