19 125 mods

Dcross829
After putting 10hrs on my sx125 ive decided to put the 350 up for sale. The 125 needed some carb adjustments and is now running crisp. The bike is a blast to ride. Is an exhaust worth it? Any other mods recommended to get a little more power?
|
BR8ES
9/9/2018 8:42am
Doesn't need much at all according to Brent at TDC. Keep the stock pipe, machined head insert to his specs, he mods a piston... no mention of porting, etc. The guy knows his stuff.

The Shop

Dcross829
9/9/2018 11:23am
JD Jet kit. Cone valve forks Evil
I have a good setting on the forks but am going to try factory connection. Where could I even find a set of cone valves? Do you need the Trax Shock to go with for them to work correctly?
brocsdad
9/9/2018 12:15pm
Dcross829 wrote:
I have a good setting on the forks but am going to try factory connection. Where could I even find a set of cone valves? Do...
I have a good setting on the forks but am going to try factory connection. Where could I even find a set of cone valves? Do you need the Trax Shock to go with for them to work correctly?
Powerband Racing sells cone forks
brocsdad
9/9/2018 12:18pm
BR8ES wrote:
Doesn't need much at all according to Brent at TDC. Keep the stock pipe, machined head insert to his specs, he mods a piston... no mention...
Doesn't need much at all according to Brent at TDC. Keep the stock pipe, machined head insert to his specs, he mods a piston... no mention of porting, etc. The guy knows his stuff.
The KTM definitely benefits from porting. I rode a stock back to back against a Terry Varner ported cylinder and there was no comparison. Though the biggest issue with the KTM is making sure the powervalve is working properly. Ours started sticking around 10hrs. It’s not the best design.
BR8ES
9/9/2018 12:45pm
BR8ES wrote:
Doesn't need much at all according to Brent at TDC. Keep the stock pipe, machined head insert to his specs, he mods a piston... no mention...
brocsdad wrote:
The KTM definitely benefits from porting. I rode a stock back to back against a Terry Varner ported cylinder and there was no comparison. Though the...
The KTM definitely benefits from porting. I rode a stock back to back against a Terry Varner ported cylinder and there was no comparison. Though the biggest issue with the KTM is making sure the powervalve is working properly. Ours started sticking around 10hrs. It’s not the best design.
have that conversation with Brent at TDC then, I asked him about what he recommended for my 19 TC and what I wrote is what he said, maybe slightly paraphrased. Then again, I was asking what he thought for a Vet rider using a 125 in that class. The 19 is way more refined than the 16/17 or even 18. I would like to think he knows what he is talking about. Certainly you can port/match etc.
brocsdad
9/9/2018 12:59pm
BR8ES wrote:
brocsdad wrote:
The KTM definitely benefits from porting. I rode a stock back to back against a Terry Varner ported cylinder and there was no comparison. Though the...
BR8ES wrote:
have that conversation with Brent at TDC then, I asked him about what he recommended for my 19 TC and what I wrote is what he...
have that conversation with Brent at TDC then, I asked him about what he recommended for my 19 TC and what I wrote is what he said, maybe slightly paraphrased. Then again, I was asking what he thought for a Vet rider using a 125 in that class. The 19 is way more refined than the 16/17 or even 18. I would like to think he knows what he is talking about. Certainly you can port/match etc.
They did make some refinements to the 19 but it’s basically the same motor. Any motor will benefit from porting. Though the mods he was referring to may be the easiest to get more power?
BR8ES
9/9/2018 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2018 1:15pm
brocsdad wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
have that conversation with Brent at TDC then, I asked him about what he recommended for my 19 TC and what I wrote is what he...
brocsdad wrote:
They did make some refinements to the 19 but it’s basically the same motor. Any motor will benefit from porting. Though the mods he was referring...
They did make some refinements to the 19 but it’s basically the same motor. Any motor will benefit from porting. Though the mods he was referring to may be the easiest to get more power?
That is what I am thinking, but didn't ask anymore. He went into slightly more detail about port timing and his piston. Sounds like a pretty good package for the money. I told him that I had the STIC and he wasn't too keen on it, at least for the time being with his mods.

Edit- he mentions the VF4R too.
brocsdad
9/9/2018 1:32pm
BR8ES wrote:
brocsdad wrote:
They did make some refinements to the 19 but it’s basically the same motor. Any motor will benefit from porting. Though the mods he was referring...
BR8ES wrote:
That is what I am thinking, but didn't ask anymore. He went into slightly more detail about port timing and his piston. Sounds like a pretty...
That is what I am thinking, but didn't ask anymore. He went into slightly more detail about port timing and his piston. Sounds like a pretty good package for the money. I told him that I had the STIC and he wasn't too keen on it, at least for the time being with his mods.

Edit- he mentions the VF4R too.
Yes on the VF4.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
9/9/2018 3:06pm
Dcross829 wrote:
I have a good setting on the forks but am going to try factory connection. Where could I even find a set of cone valves? Do...
The trax isn’t as much as a gain as the forks. Factory Connection and Powerband sell them. Look for used sets on the for sale section here.

I have the F1 power valve arms that are good if you feel your power delivery being jerky.

I also run the FMF pipe with a shorty silencer. I like that combo for the most bottom end.

Post a reply to: 19 125 mods

The Latest