18 rmz450 aftermarket muffler

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2017 1:27 AM

Any thoughts on the Yosh RS-4 vs the new Yosh RS can?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

8/19/2017 3:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2017 3:36 AM

They both look massive and located too far out. They need to move the can in two inches ala Honda.

|

8/19/2017 4:17 AM

nascarnate326 wrote:

They both look massive and located too far out. They need to move the can in two inches ala Honda.

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the can showing.

|

8/19/2017 5:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2017 9:29 AM

Look like a potato gun strapped to a boat anchor.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/19/2017 5:49 AM

I like the look of the RS-4 much better than the new one.

As far as how much of the can is exposed and not tucked behind the number plate... I'm sure the shape and location is based on a combination of performance and clearing the tire/swingarm, looks would have to come after those two very important factors.

|

8/19/2017 8:17 AM

I'm guessing this is one of the reasons twins on the Honda make sense. Way cleaner and hidden.

|

8/19/2017 8:46 AM

It would be cool if these company's built longer headers of a different shape, with a power bomb type can as a sort of a pre muffler. That way they could make the mufflers shorter and move them forward to avoid that gay euro bazooka look. I'd buy a header just to get a shorty muffler.

|

8/19/2017 9:13 AM

Maybe a low-boy style head pipe to get the header length forward. Might enable the muffler section to move forward 2-3 inches...?

|

8/19/2017 9:18 AM

Hope PC or fmf has a shorter version.

|

8/19/2017 9:34 AM

Idaho747 wrote:

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the can showing.

I thought we all liked looking at big cans?

|

8/19/2017 9:42 AM

gpracer36 wrote:

I'm guessing this is one of the reasons twins on the Honda make sense. Way cleaner and hidden.

Yes. Say what you will about the impracticality of dual pipes, but they certainly are tucked in a lot further than any other single muffler on a modern 4 stroke.

|

8/19/2017 9:45 AM

ob wrote:

It would be cool if these company's built longer headers of a different shape, with a power bomb type can as a sort of a pre muffler. That way they could make the mufflers shorter and move them forward to avoid that gay euro bazooka look. I'd buy a header just to get a shorty muffler.

Stock KX250F comes with a power bomb in the header from the factory and it still has a big bazooka muffler.

Seems like it wouldn't need it but if the 250F needs it I would have to imagine that the 450 does as well.

Getting the muffler in a few inches seems like the best idea or factory spark arrestors (OMG THE HORROR) to get the noise down.

|

8/25/2017 3:43 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Hope PC or fmf has a shorter version.

Found a pic of the fmf system
Photo

|

8/25/2017 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 3:54 PM

Wow, could they be any bigger!? Whoever makes a more svelte design, that still performs, will sell a bunch.

I'm starting to appreciate Honda.

|

8/25/2017 4:11 PM

Yeah, it looks like shit and reminds me of this:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

#1
KX125

8/25/2017 4:13 PM

Hate big silencers? Here's your solution. Of course, you have to ride a 2-stroke to make it work.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/25/2017 5:17 PM

Big Muffler = Less Sound

Welcome to 2017 & beyond.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

8/25/2017 5:29 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

Big Muffler = Less Sound

Welcome to 2017 & beyond.

I think it's more like 2004 and beyond. That year was the tipping point, as far as I can tell.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

8/25/2017 5:55 PM

For some strange reason, the fmf one posted above is growing on me. Really gives the bike a bit of a crazy design.

|

8/25/2017 6:09 PM

i wish companies would manufacture short versions of each exhaust

|

8/25/2017 9:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/25/2017 9:50 PM

aeffertz wrote:

For some strange reason, the fmf one posted above is growing on me. Really gives the bike a bit of a crazy design.

Really? It doesn't even look like its made for that bike. They put tiny side panels on it to give a sleek look and that exhaust looks like it would damn near catch your inner thigh when moving back, kills the intention.
Edit: its literally above the bottom of the fender.

|

8/25/2017 10:38 PM

Remember the PC exhuast on their team bikes in 07 and 08? They didnt even go past the number plate, things were bitchen.

|