16 months...

Edited Date/Time 12/17/2014 7:31pm
|
CR500Rider
12/17/2014 9:18am
16 months

The FIM has released a statement regarding it's decision on James Stewart. Under Article 2.1 of the CAD, they have reached a decision to suspend Stewart for sixteen months. According to the release, the suspension is retroactive from the date of collection, in this case April 12, 2014. Stewart is ineligible to race until August 11, 2015.
Fraser
12/17/2014 9:19am
So MXA was wrong about them letting JS break the news
12/17/2014 9:20am
CR500Rider wrote:
16 months The FIM has released a statement regarding it's decision on James Stewart. Under Article 2.1 of the CAD, they have reached a decision to...
16 months

The FIM has released a statement regarding it's decision on James Stewart. Under Article 2.1 of the CAD, they have reached a decision to suspend Stewart for sixteen months. According to the release, the suspension is retroactive from the date of collection, in this case April 12, 2014. Stewart is ineligible to race until August 11, 2015.
oops......
BD233
12/17/2014 9:20am
So that's it.....Will he come back...will he retire?? Damn. I hate it for him but he has shown alot of composure and I think he may be back for one last go..I mean he should be healed and in great shapre by then...right...

The Shop

12/17/2014 9:21am
Fraser wrote:
So MXA was wrong about them letting JS break the news
JS hasn't had time...he was changing his rear sprocket to add 1 tooth....
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
12/17/2014 9:22am
What is he supposed to do for 16 months
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
12/17/2014 9:24am
imoto34 wrote:
Chill by the pool, go boating and golfing Smile
zippy895
12/17/2014 9:27am
May 16 Hangtown Motocross Classic Sacramento, CA
May 23 Glen Helen National San Bernardino, CA
May 30 Thunder Valley National Lakewood, CO
June 6 Tennessee National Blountville, TN
June 13 High Point National Mt. Morris, PA
June 27 Budds Creek National Mechanicsville, MD
July 4 RedBud National Buchanan, MI
July 18 Spring Creek National Millville, MN
July 25 Washougal National Washougal, WA
August 8 Unadilla National New Berlin, NY
August 15 Utah National Tooele, UT
August 22 Ironman National Crawfordsville, IN

rippaaa
12/17/2014 9:27am
All outdoor wins are taken away as well. This alters a bunch of results. (Wins from after Seattle)
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
12/17/2014 9:28am
imoto34 wrote:
You mean 8 months. 8 have already passed.
theToothPerry
12/17/2014 9:28am
Felds wallet is gonna feel it. RV and JS gone? The guys with arguably the most fans in the pits arent gonna be there. "motocross will go on" yeah sure but youd be lying if you said its gonna be close to what it was with those two missing.
Osaka627
12/17/2014 9:29am
imoto34 wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Chill by the pool, go boating and golfing Smile
Hang out with Bubba... Watson
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/17/2014 9:32am
Felds wallet is gonna feel it. RV and JS gone? The guys with arguably the most fans in the pits arent gonna be there. "motocross will...
Felds wallet is gonna feel it. RV and JS gone? The guys with arguably the most fans in the pits arent gonna be there. "motocross will go on" yeah sure but youd be lying if you said its gonna be close to what it was with those two missing.
In some ways, it may make for better racing. One thing's for sure, there'll be a new champ.
jamma10
12/17/2014 9:38am
Canards mum absolutely nailed it in her facebook post;

Gotta get a few things off my chest. First, I have known the Stewarts for a really long time, and I like and admire all of them. Secondly, I think the penalty is way too harsh.

All of the riders (say again, all of the riders) were told that they were required to disclose any prescriptions that they were taking (to get a TUE) AHEAD OF TESTING. For whatever reason, Stewart did not. Aderall is not the issue, but a lack of disclosure. Those of you blaming WADA and USADA are out of line (unless your complaint is the length of the penalty).

Those of you complaining about testing at all in SX/MX, do you really want HGH and PED's to be allowed? Not only is this an unfair advantage against people who refuse this, but it is unfair to those riders who cannot afford it. And it's dangerous to the individuals who take it.

To those of you saying you're not going to any races this year, good riddance. You're not a true fan and you are disrespecting all the guys still out there busting their butts and risking injury.

(hope you don't mind me copy and pasting this mom241)
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
12/17/2014 9:38am
Felds wallet is gonna feel it. RV and JS gone? The guys with arguably the most fans in the pits arent gonna be there. "motocross will...
GuyB wrote:
In some ways, it may make for better racing. One thing's for sure, there'll be a new champ.
GuyB, I think you mean a "different" champ.

Dungey and Reed are still racing SX.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/17/2014 9:41am
AHRMA361 wrote:
GuyB, I think you mean a "different" champ.

Dungey and Reed are still racing SX.
True. Well, we can say that it'll be different than the last four years. Wink
ML512
Fantasy
45th
12/17/2014 9:42am
jamma10 wrote:
Canards mum absolutely nailed it in her facebook post; Gotta get a few things off my chest. First, I have known the Stewarts for a really...

Gotta get a few things off my chest. First, I have known the Stewarts for a really long time, and I like and admire all of them. Secondly, I think the penalty is way too harsh.

All of the riders (say again, all of the riders) were told that they were required to disclose any prescriptions that they were taking (to get a TUE) AHEAD OF TESTING. For whatever reason, Stewart did not. Aderall is not the issue, but a lack of disclosure. Those of you blaming WADA and USADA are out of line (unless your complaint is the length of the penalty).

Those of you complaining about testing at all in SX/MX, do you really want HGH and PED's to be allowed? Not only is this an unfair advantage against people who refuse this, but it is unfair to those riders who cannot afford it. And it's dangerous to the individuals who take it.

To those of you saying you're not going to any races this year, good riddance. You're not a true fan and you are disrespecting all the guys still out there busting their butts and risking injury.

As usual, Momma Canard is on point.
12/17/2014 9:42am
Damn! Gutted that we probably won't see James mixing it up with Kenny and the others for the title battle next year - the more the merrier really.
Olson
12/17/2014 9:44am
jamma10 wrote:
Canards mum absolutely nailed it in her facebook post; Gotta get a few things off my chest. First, I have known the Stewarts for a really...

That's the best thing I've heard all day.
Fraser
12/17/2014 9:55am
jamma10 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Nailed it!
Titan1
12/17/2014 9:56am
I"ve always thought the FIM part of "Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM world Championship" was dumb...now I really think its dumb.

Can someone explain the need for the co-sanctioning between the AMA and the FIM? I honestly don't understand the need for it.
jeffro503
12/17/2014 10:00am
I haven't had much time at all to reply to anything because of work has just got me buried. But this makes me sick to my stomach.

I know , I know.........and I'm not saying it was / wasn't James and his teams fault.....I'm just saying as a " fan of this sport "......it really , really sucks to hear this news. If something like this happened to someone like Zach Bell , JM19 , Tomac ( one of the younger dudes ) it still wouldn't feel right.....but at least they have enough time left in their career to still do something when they come back.

To take a guy out of the sport for 16 months at the lime light of his career.....just seems so damn wrong! They couldn't of just made a deal with a hefty fine or something like that? Maybe a combination of some different things? But to totally just remove him from the gate for 16 months ( over a paper work violation or whatever )......I don't know man , just seems really , really wrong!

The past year or two I started to become a bigger JS7 fan.....and for me personally , this just made me a bigger fan.

I also say this ( as I have 100 times before )....I'm a huge advocate for rider safety. And IF this drug makes a guy more alert and lets him become a safer rider......then they should take it off the damned banned list ! Rider safety first imho!
zippy895
12/17/2014 10:07am
well,im going protesting and pillaging ! and I want payed distress day,no weeks pay because of the stress this js7 news put on me and my family.also, a do not fail score for my kids college courses during this stressful time.
jamma10
12/17/2014 10:22am
Titan1 wrote:
I"ve always thought the FIM part of "Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM world Championship" was dumb...now I really think its dumb. Can someone explain the...
I"ve always thought the FIM part of "Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM world Championship" was dumb...now I really think its dumb.

Can someone explain the need for the co-sanctioning between the AMA and the FIM? I honestly don't understand the need for it.
Think it was Clear Channel who wanted to give the Supercross series World Championship status back in 2002. Inorder to become a motorcycling World Championship it needed to be certified by the FIM.
Funyun
12/17/2014 10:32am
Get caught doing illegal steroids in the NFL and get banned for FOUR games.... Get caught TWICE and its 10 games...

Don't file paperwork for prescription adderall in MX get banned for 16 months..... seems legit lol

Its mind blowing that for a first offence for something so minor you get banned for almost 3 seasons
vfanell32
12/17/2014 10:32am
jamma10 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
I agree, post is completely on point except for one thing...There is a HUGE difference between adderall and HGH/PED's. adderall gives a rider no advantage at all, especially in the case of being prescribed it.
ky_savage
Fantasy
490th
12/17/2014 10:42am
2015 MX Nationals will see JS7 go 24-0 for his second time. You heard it here first! Back to my Delorean I go. Wink
Hut
12/17/2014 10:44am
ky_savage wrote:
2015 MX Nationals will see JS7 go 24-0 for his second time. You heard it here first! Back to my Delorean I go. Wink
Nice Cool

Post a reply to: 16 months...

The Latest