'18 Supercross schedule

olds cool
6/13/2017 12:07pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Since Toronto is out is it still considered a "World Championship"?Whistling
That's exactly what I was wondering, in my best Ralph Sheheen voice of course..."an FIM World Championship"!!!
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
6/13/2017 12:25pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Seattle, Minn and Mass should all be fairly easy rounds to make for a lot of Canadians...? Didn't we miss Toronto a few years ago due...
Seattle, Minn and Mass should all be fairly easy rounds to make for a lot of Canadians...? Didn't we miss Toronto a few years ago due to stadium improvements being under-way? I could see Toronto coming back if it could be made a bit eager for the teams to "come and go" across the border.

If I were a Canuck, I'd go to Daytona and get some sun and enjoy a bit of bike-week. Not that I know anything about you sled-heads and your winters.

I'm of the understanding that Foxborough and Met-Life will be interchangeable/every-other year events.

winter pretty much sucks ass but its when most of the people who work in the Alberta oil patch are making their money.I used to do hydrovac at -45. Spraying water at frozen ground as a non mechanical digging method means youre literally frozen stiff at the end of the day.

Having said that, Daytona sounds like a great idea
TeamGreen
6/13/2017 12:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Well, you could come out here for FOUR WEEKS, get some riding in... See a Supercross EVERY WEEKEND... And... Go to the beach Do some surfing...
Well, you could come out here for FOUR WEEKS, get some riding in...
See a Supercross EVERY WEEKEND...
And...
Go to the beach
Do some surfing...
Some Mt Biking...

Do ya do much of that out there in MI during the winter?
ehr400 wrote:
Believe it or not we dont live in antartica and usually do ride throughout winter. Could be 70 and moto one day and 3' of snow...
Believe it or not we dont live in antartica and usually do ride throughout winter. Could be 70 and moto one day and 3' of snow the next and snowmobiling but considering being in socal for 3 of the rounds I will pass.
mxb2 wrote:
And some have jobs and family things needed, and can't vanish for 4 weeks.
I know plenty of folks that take 2, 3, 4 weeks or longer to "escape the weather" in the winter. Especially my Canadian friends that come down and surf with us. Oddly enough, some even bring their families.

I'm jus' sayin'...
TeamGreen
6/13/2017 12:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Seattle, Minn and Mass should all be fairly easy rounds to make for a lot of Canadians...? Didn't we miss Toronto a few years ago due...
Seattle, Minn and Mass should all be fairly easy rounds to make for a lot of Canadians...? Didn't we miss Toronto a few years ago due to stadium improvements being under-way? I could see Toronto coming back if it could be made a bit eager for the teams to "come and go" across the border.

If I were a Canuck, I'd go to Daytona and get some sun and enjoy a bit of bike-week. Not that I know anything about you sled-heads and your winters.

I'm of the understanding that Foxborough and Met-Life will be interchangeable/every-other year events.

bh84 wrote:
winter pretty much sucks ass but its when most of the people who work in the Alberta oil patch are making their money.I used to do...
winter pretty much sucks ass but its when most of the people who work in the Alberta oil patch are making their money.I used to do hydrovac at -45. Spraying water at frozen ground as a non mechanical digging method means youre literally frozen stiff at the end of the day.

Having said that, Daytona sounds like a great idea
Let a brother know if you're coming down for a SX.

The Shop

6/13/2017 12:31pm
[quote=TeamGreen wrote:]I'm of the understanding that Foxborough and Met-Life will be interchangeable/every-other year events.[/quote]

Thinking about this it might be a decent idea to do for more rounds, plenty of good venues throughout the US that you could never get to all of them in 17 rounds and the turn out to new places or places we haven't been to in awhile always seems to be pretty good.
mxb2
6/13/2017 12:31pm
ehr400 wrote:
Believe it or not we dont live in antartica and usually do ride throughout winter. Could be 70 and moto one day and 3' of snow...
Believe it or not we dont live in antartica and usually do ride throughout winter. Could be 70 and moto one day and 3' of snow the next and snowmobiling but considering being in socal for 3 of the rounds I will pass.
mxb2 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I know plenty of folks that take 2, 3, 4 weeks or longer to "escape the weather" in the winter. Especially my Canadian friends that come...
I know plenty of folks that take 2, 3, 4 weeks or longer to "escape the weather" in the winter. Especially my Canadian friends that come down and surf with us. Oddly enough, some even bring their families.

I'm jus' sayin'...
Yep,depends on occupation,school, work ,vacation schedules and of course finances.
TeamGreen
6/13/2017 12:34pm
mxb2 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
I know plenty of folks that take 2, 3, 4 weeks or longer to "escape the weather" in the winter. Especially my Canadian friends that come...

I'm jus' sayin'...
mxb2 wrote:
Yep,depends on occupation,school, work ,vacation schedules and of course finances.
In my life it's things like my daughter's dance-competitions that're "non-negotiable"Grinning
KirkChandler
Fantasy
385th
6/13/2017 12:38pm
Better hope that the Houston Texans don't make the playoffs. Round 2 could get postponed.
Flip109 wrote:
Not to worried about that
They had to cancel a Monster Jam in 2016 because they didn't think the Texans would make the playoffs that year.

It's a calculated risk, but with the NFL you never know which team can squeak out a division and get a home game.

That's normally why they run in baseball stadiums the first 4-5 weeks of the season. No chance of being bumped. They should be in Minute Maid field(or whatever the Astros current stadium is named).
ATHEIST
Fantasy
939th
6/13/2017 12:54pm
could be first time since atlanta fulton county stadium days that atl. is not in a dome , since they are having trouble getting new m-benz stadium roof to close
Johnny Depp
6/13/2017 12:57pm
ATHEIST wrote:
could be first time since atlanta fulton county stadium days that atl. is not in a dome , since they are having trouble getting new m-benz...
could be first time since atlanta fulton county stadium days that atl. is not in a dome , since they are having trouble getting new m-benz stadium roof to close
WD-40
tlw109
6/13/2017 1:23pm
ATHEIST wrote:
could be first time since atlanta fulton county stadium days that atl. is not in a dome , since they are having trouble getting new m-benz...
They fixed the roof issues. They posted pictures last week with the roof successfully closed and opened.
mx295
6/13/2017 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 1:42pm
GD2 wrote:
Dallas is East, Houston is West.
Yea I had them flipped like they should be.
kkawboy14
6/13/2017 1:55pm
mx295 wrote:
Houston is an West coast round but Dallas is a east? Makes no sense, It should be the other way arou
Your asking this of a series that claims to be a World Championship?
kkawboy14
6/13/2017 1:56pm
That schedule looks awesome but it's 5 rounds short of being 22 Smile
Maxjeff
Fantasy
3479th
6/13/2017 1:57pm
No Detroit blows. The attendance is decent, but the pits are bad. Hopefully it will be back down the road.
blusmbl
6/13/2017 2:00pm
Detroit falling off the schedule is a bummer but turnout hasn't been that great. I didn't go this year but previous years seemed to have steady declines.

I've been to Toronto, Detroit and Indy SX rounds. Indy was the most fun anyway, stadium is nice, the pits are open, and it was typically on St. Paddy's day weekend when people were getting rekt in the streets!

I'll probably drive the 5 hours to Indy next year.
JustMX
6/13/2017 2:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What's the reasoning behind Toronto not being on the schedule? I know there was talk about the stadium putting in real grass but I don't follow...
What's the reasoning behind Toronto not being on the schedule? I know there was talk about the stadium putting in real grass but I don't follow baseball so I have no idea if that was approved or not. I'm thinking it's not happening because it was really expensive to get it done.

Does it have anything to do with crossing the border? Certainly doesn't have anything to do with the attendance.
ML512 wrote:
There's logistics issues with team trucks...weight and length regulation differences. Many teams have to rent day cabs to get their length down enough to cross, I've...
There's logistics issues with team trucks...weight and length regulation differences. Many teams have to rent day cabs to get their length down enough to cross, I've heard there's some major issues with paperwork as well...

Enough so, that Star Racing has gone across in a box van before and left the rig in the US.

And we've seen the rider's issues as well.
Tazao wrote:
My understanding is that the Toronto round is needed to keep the "world title" designation through the FIM. Obviously the series has not left the country...
My understanding is that the Toronto round is needed to keep the "world title" designation through the FIM. Obviously the series has not left the country every year since that designation was given, so there is some flexibility. Have you heard anything about the Toronto round being an every other year thing? I was surprised to SLC on the schedule again his year. I thought it was going to be an every other year thing as well.
Somebody with the FIM must have went to Oakland last year and thought it was a foreign country.......

But seriously, you think the FIM is going to let a little thing like America hosting all the rounds of the supercross series keep them from "officiating" and getting a piece of that sweet, sumptuous sx pie.......

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/13/2017 7:47pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Since Toronto is out is it still considered a "World Championship"?Whistling
A race in America's hat makes little difference in whether it's a World Championship or not.

Anyone knows that to claim the title, you need to beat the guys here.
VoR
6/13/2017 9:25pm
You leave one off the biggest city's off the schedule and replace it with Salt Lake City . Real smart
motosurf wrote:
Salt lake was on the 17 schedule. You're real smart...
Not to mention Utah probably had the best crowd this year.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
6/14/2017 5:32am
dsmith wrote:
no I meant as...tampa? really? ..how long has it been since its been there?
tingo wrote:
1999. Its return is long overdue, and it will be interesting to see the attendance numbers. Jacksonville was empty the last year they raced up there.
I feel like there are way more moto fans in central FL compare to the Duval county area. Just think, Dade City is only a rock throw away from Tampa.
resetjet
6/14/2017 5:54am
Tampa can fill the stands just with rednecks.....then we have alot of moto people. Great stadium too.
6/14/2017 6:02am
Disappointed they took Toronto and/or Detroit off the schedule. A staple for Southwestern Ontario supercross fans. My family and I go every year.

Post a reply to: '18 Supercross schedule

The Latest