18 SX Track designs......No Bueno

Related:
Create New Tag

12/9/2017 8:37 AM

Out of pure curiosity, and I understand Dirt Wurx has a tone of experience... But what in the hell is going on with the designs? How many football stadiums are jacked up with turning jump sections that will be very very one lined? So few 180 degree corners for passing etc. Time for new blood to design

|

12/9/2017 8:38 AM

Tomac, Anderson and Moosecan can pass in those areas!

|

12/9/2017 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2017 9:10 AM

Zycki11 wrote:

Out of pure curiosity, and I understand Dirt Wurx has a tone of experience... But what in the hell is going on with the designs? How many football stadiums are jacked up with turning jump sections that will be very very one lined? So few 180 degree corners for passing etc. Time for new blood to design

I agree. I’m not a fan of turning rythum lanes.
Like you said, one lined and no passing. Plus it will bring the danger level higher.

|

12/9/2017 9:16 AM

I would imagine that since Feld treats SX like a business they like to keep their expenses consistent. Keeping the tracks relatively the same makes it easier to plan on what it will cost. They know jump style "A" will take "X" amount of dirt and man hours. If each track was a true original design it makes it harder to know how long it will take and at what cost. They can estimate sure, but if they have built it before they know what it takes. So in my opinion tracks are being held back by the bottom line.

Now lets see if we can get them to do something about the friggin Tuff blocks. Those things cause more carnage than anything.

|

We are the sum of a 1,000 lives. What we know is almost nothing at all.

12/9/2017 9:54 AM

I couldn't agree more.

Bring back the late 80's early 90's designs- Slow it down, more technical.

Having to pin a 450 in a 4-5 gap and seat bouncing a section with multiple riders is just asking for it. It's a dangerous sport - I get that, but there's better ways to build the tracks.

Check it-

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

12/9/2017 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2017 12:47 PM

Superdave19 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Bring back the late 80's early 90's designs- Slow it down, more technical.

Having to pin a 450 in a 4-5 gap and seat bouncing a section with multiple riders is just asking for it. It's a dangerous sport - I get that, but there's better ways to build the tracks.

Check it-

Do you realize how simple that track Would be on a modern day 450 ?

|

12/9/2017 1:08 PM

Superdave19 wrote:

I couldn't agree more.

Bring back the late 80's early 90's designs- Slow it down, more technical.

Having to pin a 450 in a 4-5 gap and seat bouncing a section with multiple riders is just asking for it. It's a dangerous sport - I get that, but there's better ways to build the tracks.

Check it-

TD248 wrote:

Do you realize how simple that track Would be on a modern day 450 ?

Seriously. Those bikes were GARBAGE compared to what they race today.. that's the only reason that track is slow. Nothing to do with the track design.

|

12/9/2017 1:10 PM

Perhaps this track may not be the best example, but you get my point- There's tons of youtube footage you can surf-

IMO we need a track design overhaul

|

Current rides-
1988 RM250
2019 KX450

12/9/2017 1:16 PM

How good was that last lap though!!.

|

12/9/2017 2:44 PM

Thankfully, Trey Canard realizes this and is trying to bring these tracks to a certain standard in the future for both better racing and more adequate safety. Listening to him speak on DMXS, I think he can help fix what's going on here.

|



12/9/2017 2:58 PM

Looks like they ran out of "new" ideas by about round 8. The next 10 just look like rearrangements of each other. Then Vegas.

|

12/9/2017 3:22 PM

BS12 wrote:

Looks like they ran out of "new" ideas by about round 8. The next 10 just look like rearrangements of each other. Then Vegas.

Vegas is a absolute joke.

|

12/9/2017 3:34 PM

Meeeeehhhhh

I guess the Grinch stole your guys' Christmas.

|

12/9/2017 4:06 PM

snackfedbear wrote:

Meeeeehhhhh

I guess the Grinch stole your guys' Christmas.

Trick quesiton, how is that possible when Christmas hasn't come yet?

|