18 Month ban for Ianone after positive for steroid tests

Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/148871/iannone-handed-18month-ban….

The one-time MotoGP race winner tested positive for an anabolic steroid during a routine WADA drugs test at last year's Malaysian Grand Prix, with a follow-up sample also testing positive.

Iannone was handed a suspension from the FIM in the winter while the case was taken to trial, with Iannone submitting hair samples - a supposedly more accurate way of testing - in a bid to prove his innocence.

The Aprilia rider has always maintained his innocence, claiming from the start that ingestion of the steroid came from contaminated food.

An FIM disciplinary hearing found Iannone had eaten contaminated meat, but could not be fully acquitted, and will serve a ban of a period of 18 months from 17 December 2019 to 16 June 2021.

Iannone will appeal the decision at the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and has 21 days to file that.

A statement released by the FIM states Iannone has been disqualified from the final two rounds of the 2019 season in Malaysia and Valencia, though he remains 16th in the standings on 43 points as he failed to finish both races.

|
slowgti
4/1/2020 6:52am
Time to hand the fim their walking papers
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/1/2020 8:51am
Turning a negative into a positive, now is the best time for anyone to be suspended for 18 months. It might end up being no different than the rest of the field's experience.
Camp332
4/1/2020 8:58am
He says the Drostanolone metabolite 2α-methyl-5α-androstane- came from contaminated meat.

I've heard "Andro" thrown around by some gym buddies who do roids, never heard of "Drostanolone"

Regardless, I bet these guys at my gym would love to get their hands on some of that "contaminated meat"! Bro
4/1/2020 9:03am
slowgti wrote:
Time to hand the fim their walking papers
Cheating is cheating, WADA tested not FIM, I know the USA take a lenient line on drugs cheats, but they should all be banned for life IMO

The Shop

zippytech
4/1/2020 9:14am
So, if all you have to do is eat something would anyone be surprised that someone would spike the food or drinks of these athletes just to get them booted out?
slowgti
4/1/2020 9:25am
Cheating is cheating, WADA tested not FIM, I know the USA take a lenient line on drugs cheats, but they should all be banned for life...
Cheating is cheating, WADA tested not FIM, I know the USA take a lenient line on drugs cheats, but they should all be banned for life IMO
When does it end? Do the athletes have to have their own farms and grow all of their own food?
4/1/2020 9:27am
Camp332 wrote:
He says the Drostanolone metabolite 2α-methyl-5α-androstane- came from contaminated meat. I've heard "Andro" thrown around by some gym buddies who do roids, never heard of "Drostanolone"...
He says the Drostanolone metabolite 2α-methyl-5α-androstane- came from contaminated meat.

I've heard "Andro" thrown around by some gym buddies who do roids, never heard of "Drostanolone"

Regardless, I bet these guys at my gym would love to get their hands on some of that "contaminated meat"! Bro
The more familiar name for it is Masteron. I can't see it being a steroid an athlete would take. It give bodybuilders a certain look. I believe exactly zero of these guys that say they got contaminated supplements food etc. That said I also don't really care if they take stuff.
Bearuno
4/1/2020 11:20am
Paolo Pezzo got off a Nandrolone positive way back in 98. On the "contaminated (Belgian, in her case) meat" assertion that Iannone has used as a defence .

What backed her up with that, was that she'd been tested at events a week prior to, and after the failed test,and, passed 'clean' for Nandro. And that females produce Nandrolone, or something similar, during menstruation.
That one, Iannone, can't try for.......

Anton_514
4/1/2020 12:32pm
Camp332 wrote:
He says the Drostanolone metabolite 2α-methyl-5α-androstane- came from contaminated meat. I've heard "Andro" thrown around by some gym buddies who do roids, never heard of "Drostanolone"...

The more familiar name for it is Masteron. I can't see it being a steroid an athlete would take. It give bodybuilders a certain look. I...
The more familiar name for it is Masteron. I can't see it being a steroid an athlete would take. It give bodybuilders a certain look. I believe exactly zero of these guys that say they got contaminated supplements food etc. That said I also don't really care if they take stuff.
When you say "certain look," what are you implying exactly? Because if you follow MotoGP, then you've seen or heard that Ianone is a guy that really, really puts work into his appearance. His Instagram is a lot of modeling shots either half-naked or completely in his underwear and there was a rumor that the reason he missed a preseason test last year due to a "jaw infection" was because of a botched plastic surgery on his chin.

What would that substance help do to personal appearance? Serious question, because it could explain a lot about the situation.

Also some things to point out about this test: he's getting the "standard" 18-month sentence and FIM President Viegas has said that he will have a discussion with WADA President Witold Banka to create a list of substances and punishments better suited for motorcycling.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/jorge-viegas-talks-the-fim-response-to-corona…
skiz
4/1/2020 6:22pm
Anton_514 wrote:
When you say "certain look," what are you implying exactly? Because if you follow MotoGP, then you've seen or heard that Ianone is a guy that...
When you say "certain look," what are you implying exactly? Because if you follow MotoGP, then you've seen or heard that Ianone is a guy that really, really puts work into his appearance. His Instagram is a lot of modeling shots either half-naked or completely in his underwear and there was a rumor that the reason he missed a preseason test last year due to a "jaw infection" was because of a botched plastic surgery on his chin.

What would that substance help do to personal appearance? Serious question, because it could explain a lot about the situation.

Also some things to point out about this test: he's getting the "standard" 18-month sentence and FIM President Viegas has said that he will have a discussion with WADA President Witold Banka to create a list of substances and punishments better suited for motorcycling.

https://www.mcnews.com.au/jorge-viegas-talks-the-fim-response-to-corona…
"FIM President Viegas has said that he will have a discussion with WADA President Witold Banka to create a list of substances and punishments better suited for motorcycling."

Why has the FIM waited until now.? James Stewards punishment didnt match the crime. Broc Tickles punishment didnt match the crime. Does Iannones career matter to anyone.?

Do the points that Christian Craig makes mean anything to anyone.?
http://kajx.net/christian-craig-2018-drug-tests-positive-for-a-low-leve…
skiz
4/1/2020 6:25pm
Cheating is cheating, WADA tested not FIM, I know the USA take a lenient line on drugs cheats, but they should all be banned for life...
There is something seriously wrong with you. Cheating is cheating even if you didnt know you ingested the stuff.? You are definitely not a "real mx fan".!!
Anton_514
4/1/2020 6:47pm
skiz wrote:
"FIM President Viegas has said that he will have a discussion with WADA President Witold Banka to create a list of substances and punishments better suited...
"FIM President Viegas has said that he will have a discussion with WADA President Witold Banka to create a list of substances and punishments better suited for motorcycling."

Why has the FIM waited until now.? James Stewards punishment didnt match the crime. Broc Tickles punishment didnt match the crime. Does Iannones career matter to anyone.?

Do the points that Christian Craig makes mean anything to anyone.?
http://kajx.net/christian-craig-2018-drug-tests-positive-for-a-low-leve…
I think that it’s a few different factors, really. Being a rider in the big series is for sure one reason, as this is major news, but Viegas is still new in the position and has said he wants to make major changes. The old administration is responsible for the mistakes that happened the Stewart to Craig timeline.

Post a reply to: 18 Month ban for Ianone after positive for steroid tests

The Latest