'18 Husky FC350 - Keep or Trade Up to '21 KTM 350 SX-F

Related:
Create New Tag

6/29/2022 2:27 PM

Sandusky26 wrote: Photo
No way a Kawi looks this good at 105 hours. Someone buy this thing for 4 grand so I can make roostbuckets happy.
121x wrote:

Any updates?

Went to the dealer on Tuesday, we made a deal on Saturday and I left my bike as a deposit. I go to buy the bike Tuesday morning and the salesman added 1000 to the price once I got in the office. After that I basically lost my shit and cussed anyone who would listen. I was so pissed that pos salesman wasted my time. They were pushing my bike to my truck to get me out of there. I had the money in my pocket to buy the damn bike and the salesman wanted to fuck around.

Fuck Jeremy at Lejuene Motorsports in Jacksonville NC

I feel better now, thank you.

|

6/29/2022 2:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2022 2:50 PM

That was the trade in fee I had a dealer do that once. By the time they added on fees I was paying for my bikes trade in value plus the new bike.
They tried to act like they were insulted when I got up n walked off.
I'm sure they thought it was funny joke.

They closed up in 08 I wasn't the only one they tried that on. I learned that I should have just sold it. I did find a shop that gave me a fair trade in. Got lucky because it was late July 01.

|

6/29/2022 5:10 PM

No way a Kawi looks this good at 105 hours. Someone buy this thing for 4 grand so I can make roostbuckets happy.
121x wrote:

Any updates?

Sandusky26 wrote:

Went to the dealer on Tuesday, we made a deal on Saturday and I left my bike as a deposit. I go to buy the bike Tuesday ...more

That absolutely sucks. Sorry to hear that bro. Talk about a waste of your time!

|

6/29/2022 5:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2022 5:17 PM

SmokinJoe439 wrote:

That was the trade in fee I had a dealer do that once. By the time they added on fees I was paying for my bikes trade in value ...more

Had something similar happen to me as well. As a result I have never been the biggest fan of purchasing from dealerships for trading in / buying bikes. If you need to purchase new, or have a good relationship with a dealer it can obviously be a much different experience. Otherwise I have preferred to purchase used and save the tax and other BS fees. That being said, I am still contemplating purchasing a new GasGas MC350, but only because there are no used ones available around here. Not sure I will end up going through with it though and the stock is so limited anyways I will probably end up being out of luck regardless.

|

6/30/2022 2:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/30/2022 2:40 AM

I’m talking to another dealer now and hopefully they don’t dick me around. I spent a lot of time cleaning my Suzuki up and I’m trying not to ride it. I don’t know how much longer I can take.

|

6/30/2022 3:44 AM

Sandusky26 wrote:

I’m talking to another dealer now and hopefully they don’t dick me around. I spent a lot of time cleaning my Suzuki up and I’m ...more

we are gonna need to change the title of this thread to "Sandusky26's quest for a new bike"

|

6/30/2022 6:00 AM

Sandusky26 wrote:

I’m talking to another dealer now and hopefully they don’t dick me around. I spent a lot of time cleaning my Suzuki up and I’m ...more

I’ve had good luck buying low hour bikes recently. I bought a 22 model KTM 350 SXF with 14 hours and it already had a pipe and other extras well back of what a new one would cost. Before that I bought a Rockstar Husky with 3 hours on it from a guy that used to race but after getting a bike thought better of it. They are out there if you are not in a hurry.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/30/2022 6:23 AM

Sandusky26 wrote:

mx317 wrote:

I’ve had good luck buying low hour bikes recently. I bought a 22 model KTM 350 SXF with 14 hours and it already had a pipe and ...more

I've been looking, haven't found one clean enough I feel comfortable buying. I do feel like the universe is telling me to stay RMarmy.

|

6/30/2022 4:43 PM

Sandusky26 wrote:

mx317 wrote:

I’ve had good luck buying low hour bikes recently. I bought a 22 model KTM 350 SXF with 14 hours and it already had a pipe and ...more

Sandusky26 wrote:

I've been looking, haven't found one clean enough I feel comfortable buying. I do feel like the universe is telling me to stay ...more

What bike were you going to buy? That Suzuki of yours looks great.

|

6/30/2022 6:49 PM

mx317 wrote:

Sandusky26 wrote:

I've been looking, haven't found one clean enough I feel comfortable buying. I do feel like the universe is telling me to stay ...more

nytsmaC wrote:

What bike were you going to buy? That Suzuki of yours looks great.

Thanks man. I’m thinking Kawi, mainly because there available. I want a Honda, but don’t want to wait for 23’s. The only reason I want to switch brands is re sell value.

|

6/30/2022 7:43 PM

121x wrote:

Any updates?

Sandusky26 wrote:

Went to the dealer on Tuesday, we made a deal on Saturday and I left my bike as a deposit. I go to buy the bike Tuesday ...more

Sounds like a reasonable way for an adult to act. Show some loyalty and respect to a dealer and I bet you get treated fairly.

|

7/1/2022 12:37 AM

121x wrote:

Any updates?

Sandusky26 wrote:

Panic_Rev wrote:

Sounds like a reasonable way for an adult to act. Show some loyalty and respect to a dealer and I bet you get treated fairly. ...more

I’ll show loyalty and respect to the dealers who show it to me. My first job was working at a dealer when I was 12 years old.

|

7/2/2022 8:12 AM

121x wrote:

Any updates?

Sandusky26 wrote:

Panic_Rev wrote:

Sounds like a reasonable way for an adult to act. Show some loyalty and respect to a dealer and I bet you get treated fairly. ...more

Check my other thread bro, I don’t play games and don’t buy from dealers who do.

|