17' TC125 motor , mod it or not?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/18/2017 7:14 PM

Hey guys , here within the next few rides I'll be hitting close to about 25 hours on this thing. I'm thinking since I want to tear it down and put a new top end in it , I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get it ported and so forth? I'd like to keep running an OEM piston and using my VP 110 ( either strait or mixed ) as I don't want to use that oxygenated fuel as it's to expensive for me to justify it.

So if I was to run strait 110 @ about 36:1 , with some porting and head work and so forth , you think it would help a little in the power dept? I don't want to go to crazy with it , as I want it to stay dependable too. My motor guy knows what to do , but I just need to figure out how far I want to go.

Mod it , or leave it stock? My gut says " do some motor work ".

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/18/2017 7:15 PM

MOD IT! MODS ARE FUN! devil w00t

|

12/18/2017 7:15 PM

ML512 wrote:

You're on my wave length Michael!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/18/2017 7:20 PM

I don't know, when you start crossfit do you just quietly go about your business, or do you completely overdo it and let everyone know just how much business you mean? Do you simply torque your sprocket bolts, or do you twist those som bitches to the end of their yield strength on the verge of catastrophic failure? When Ronnie Mac rides, does he put around like a Spode who doesn't even use PEDs, or does he send that shit like a god damn American hero each and every time he throws a leg over a motorcycle?

I think you know the answers here my friend.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/18/2017 7:20 PM

Nothing Nicer than crisp modded 125

|

12/18/2017 8:46 PM

ML512 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

You're on my wave length Michael!

YOLO

|

12/18/2017 8:50 PM

Do it Jeffro! A little mod on the 125 won't hurt anything!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/18/2017 9:31 PM

Don't over do it, I just think it needs mild porting, transfers and exhaust height I was told. The bike runs great just doesn't over rev

|

12/18/2017 11:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/18/2017 11:36 PM

Yeah,"just do it" you know you want to.
My engine builder (TSP) just put a KTM 150 top end on one, after he ported it he got 46.3 RWHP wassat The power curve didn't change much, pulls hard from bottom to top. Stock KTM 150 on his dyno is 42 RWHP. Stock Husky 125 was 39. something

I can post the dyno sheet if you want. I posted it in another thread the other day wink .

|

12/19/2017 2:08 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Don't over do it, I just think it needs mild porting, transfers and exhaust height I was told. The bike runs great just doesn't over rev

Yeah the stock cylinders are great out of the factory. I had SCT do my cylinder, but he said the cases were matched really well from new already. I also have a VHM Mid-inertia crank, VHM head with VHM 12 degree piston kit, Vforce 4R and an HGS pipe. Safe to say she runs pretty well!

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

12/19/2017 2:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/19/2017 2:16 AM

chuckdavies wrote:

Yeah the stock cylinders are great out of the factory. I had SCT do my cylinder, but he said the cases were matched really well from new already. I also have a VHM Mid-inertia crank, VHM head with VHM 12 degree piston kit, Vforce 4R and an HGS pipe. Safe to say she runs pretty well!

Photo

Photo

Photo

That looks MINT! The graphics are what I'd noormally go for, but for some reason I think they look perfect for the bike.
My next bike for sure, just a 144 version.

|

12/19/2017 2:19 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

chuckdavies wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

How do you find your suspension? Cool to see kyb instead of conevalves.

|

12/19/2017 3:08 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

chuckdavies wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

JB479 wrote:

How do you find your suspension? Cool to see kyb instead of conevalves.

Technical Touch in Belgium.

A friend of mine has the same set up for his KTM.

|

12/19/2017 4:56 AM

Jeff, just curious, but on the fuel issue, I always thought oxygenated fuel was more of a help to 4 strokes and 2 stokes were more a fan of leaded fuel. I can't confirm this, but I thought years ago I read some stuff on that.

Oh, and by the way, yea, mod that girl up.cool

|

12/19/2017 5:00 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Technical Touch in Belgium.

A friend of mine has the same set up for his KTM.

Yeh, it's KYB Factory Kit from Technical Touch in Belgium. Awesome setup

|

www.90smotocross.com

Instagram - @90sMotocross
Facebook - 90s Motocross

12/19/2017 5:46 AM

save the $$ for the 250 in the spring.

|

12/19/2017 6:00 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Hey guys , here within the next few rides I'll be hitting close to about 25 hours on this thing. I'm thinking since I want to tear it down and put a new top end in it , I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and get it ported and so forth? I'd like to keep running an OEM piston and using my VP 110 ( either strait or mixed ) as I don't want to use that oxygenated fuel as it's to expensive for me to justify it.

So if I was to run strait 110 @ about 36:1 , with some porting and head work and so forth , you think it would help a little in the power dept? I don't want to go to crazy with it , as I want it to stay dependable too. My motor guy knows what to do , but I just need to figure out how far I want to go.

Mod it , or leave it stock? My gut says " do some motor work ".

It's tough to get noticeable gains out of these on the butt dyno because they come from the factory so good. That bike doesn't need 110 octane in stock trim, about 97 is the magic number for the new 125's. But if you're going to open up the engine, porting will always get you hp if done correctly, and since you're already using high octane fuel some head work to bump compression will most definitely wake it up. Compression is what makes things break though! If you go with a port job, and no head work, the longevity will be much longer. Don't forget to put a nice Carb on that bike either. Smart carb, or Keihin PWK38 off a 16 125 will do the trick!

But to answer your original question, MOD IT! Nothing like having a crisp 125!

Just finished up one of my own.

Went with a mild port job, vforce, full bills system, and a properly jetted carb. Much better than stock trim! That new husky will be LEAPS AND BOUNDS better just even off the showroom floor!

Photo

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

12/19/2017 6:46 AM

downard254 wrote:

Jeff, just curious, but on the fuel issue, I always thought oxygenated fuel was more of a help to 4 strokes and 2 stokes were more a fan of leaded fuel. I can't confirm this, but I thought years ago I read some stuff on that.

Oh, and by the way, yea, mod that girl up.cool

Nope, chemistry is the same for 2 and 4.

The carb is good on this bike, no need to change.

|